TEAM SHELBY FORUM

RUF's NEW STANG

ratnacage

Thanks, Rat - very thoughtful.

Mine won't have the chin spoiler - but I do have the Cervini grille going on.

I think I'm going to wait a few weeks before deciding on the over the top stripes. I may just do some sort of rocker panel stripe to break up all the black on the flanks. It needs something on the side.

Just got a build date of Sept 4th - ...finally.

Cheers, bro

I think I'm going to wait a few weeks before deciding on the over the top stripes. I may just do some sort of rocker panel stripe to break up all the black on the flanks. It needs something on the side.

Cheers, bro

Glad to hear the good news ruf , good luck :party:

Thanks, guys - it's been 8 weeks since they put the order in.

Living in "Mayberry" has some advantages, but not when it comes to ordering a car.

I bought all the parts beforehand so I wouldn't change my mind and buy a Crossfire or something!

Ruf - this one's for you. I built this Mustang for a customer of mine (ok, I didn't actually do the work) It has the Ford handling pack and drag pack, plus some cosmetic work. Wheels will come later, I'm told. The short throw shifter is phenominal.

That's nice, Rat... the GT is such a great value too. Did your dealership install the goodies?

ruf if your getting stripes, and are pickey, get them painted. You won't like the stripes from ford. I have the tung stripes on my alloy Shelby coupe, and there are places where the stripes overlap, and one on the front where two meet, that are off, 1/4". Nobody knows but me, but it pisses me off everytime I wash it.

Dan - what happened to your new avatar?

I think it's mating with a 350Z in NC somewhere. :hysterical: Trying for a big-block light-weight Ford <lol>

Should I put it back? Those early T-Birds were cool!!

Bryan, I think I found thong-boy's long-lost brother:

post-4902-1156654148_thumb.jpg

:hysterical2:

post-4902-1156654148_thumb.jpg

That's nice, Rat... the GT is such a great value too. Did your dealership install the goodies?

The dealership didn't actually do the work, except for the paint. We have a "third party" doing the mechanicals, but the customer took delivery as shown. I have to brag about our body shop: you can run your fingers across the stripes, and you can't even feel the transition - perfectly smooth.

...coming soon, rat's new ride...

The dealership didn't actually do the work, except for the paint. We have a "third party" doing the mechanicals, but the customer took delivery as shown. I have to brag about our body shop: you can run your fingers across the stripes, and you can't even feel the transition - perfectly smooth.

...coming soon, rat's new ride...

Very cool... I kinda like it better than a Shelby GT, and likely cheaper.. and no hood scoop required (would be fine if it was functional on the S-GT). Rat, do you recall approx how much the turnkey mods cost in total?

...And what's your new ride, Rat?

Can we ask how much you charged for the painted stripes?

Dan - I'm worried that you know where to find pics like that...

:hysterical:

Hmmm, same question came to mind on another pic near and dear to your heart, my Sept 4th D-day friend ;-) So, be nice, now... I could have made that thong pink and put your name on it! <lol>

So, Sept 4th... do I recall in the back of my mind your b'day comes soon afterward? Maybe it will arrive just about then!!!?? Hope they ship 'er quickly for ya.

:hysterical:

Hmmm, same question came to mind on another pic near and dear to your heart, my Sept 4th D-day friend ;-) So, be nice, now... I could have made that thong pink and put your name on it! <lol>

So, Sept 4th... do I recall in the back of my mind your b'day comes soon afterward? Maybe it will arrive just about then!!!?? Hope they ship 'er quickly for ya.

More Thongs?? :doh:

Who's asking for more thongs? :cheerleader: I'll see what I can do...

Let's see - I just installed some software called PhotoShop...hmmmm....

Um...Dan?...any chance of you posting some pics of your car(s)?.....please...

Yeah - with the build (week - I just learned) of 9.4 the hot rod may be here by the 21st.

My parts only take 2 days for the install - so we'll be posin' in no time. Can't wait to do before and after pics.

I give my small town nosy neighbors plenty to talk about. (mostly older folks - very conservative - Caddies and Town Cars)

Since I bought this place 6 years ago, I've driven: a '98 F-150, an '01 Miata ( Mazda bought it back in 6 months - mis-advertised hp rataing), an '01 Ranger, an '03 Mach1, an '04 Volvo V70 wagon, and the current '05 350Z! Wait till they see the Stealth Bomber in the driveway! :hysterical:

What does Bonnie Raitt sing? "Let's give 'em something to talk about...."

CC - thanks, bro - problem is - not many twisties around here. Plenty where you are!

Um...Dan?...any chance of you posting some pics of your car(s)?.....please...

You want to look at a '93 taurus wagon?!

Or is it my cherry '92 4.0 Ranger?! <lol>

I haven't been able to find my real car pictures -- I've looked three times. But they'll eventually turn up... I'm gonna have to disnamtle the basement if that what it takes...

You'd have liked the hi-po 302-powered Intermecchanica Italia Torino GFX 400. Only around 290HP but 2450lbs! Sold to a collector in Vermont -- stupid of me -- I didn't know it was #98 (of 97, according to the build records <lol>) that year. It had one year's mechanicals and another year's interior with the prior year's serial sequence -- possibly the rarest Italia ever made since even the Intermecchanica registry doesn't list it <sigh> I wrote to them (after I sold it) and they thought I was nuts -- they wanted a pic of the serial plate which I would be glad to give them IF I STILL HAD IT! I sold it for $4,000 (paid $3,500 4 years old), so I thought I was doing pretty good. :doh: (not that anyone asked :hysterical: )

<edit:> Ah, you just want a pic you can make pink!!???!!!! :hysterical:

Can we ask how much you charged for the painted stripes?

The MSRP on this car was $28500

Add M-2005-FR3 HANDLING KIT, M-2005-FR2 DRAG PACK, Steeda Chin, side Louvres, and the stripes for a total sale price of $33,937 (includes labor).

The stripes normally retail for about $1700. It's kind of high because the body shop actually removes the front and rear facias, roof gutters, sands all those pieces, paints the stripes, then clear coats. That's followed by wet sanding and buffing. Pretty thorough I think.

The MSRP on this car was $28500

Add M-2005-FR3 HANDLING KIT, M-2005-FR2 DRAG PACK, Steeda Chin, side Louvres, and the stripes for a total sale price of $33,937 (includes labor).

The stripes normally retail for about $1700. It's kind of high because the body shop actually removes the front and rear facias, roof gutters, sands all those pieces, paints the stripes, then clear coats. That's followed by wet sanding and buffing. Pretty thorough I think.

Thanks, Rat -- that's not bad at all! Wondering what the Shelby GT will price at, 'cause if it's much more than $34K I think I'd rather roll my own like you did on that one..

Cheers, bro

Hey, Ruf... isn't yours also supposed to be pink? :lol:

:hysterical::hysterical:

I love you guys.

Now, you can all form a nice neat little line and start BITING ME. :rant:

Just called Ford - I'm locked in and delivery should be 16 Sept! Woo Hoo. :happy feet:

Congrat`s `RUF` -- LOCK& LOAD

Thanks, y'all.

I feel good - but still feel for those who have to continue to wait for their cars.

I just ordered the Hurst short-throw shifter. Heard good things about it.

Actually - the voice on the machine said delivery "week of" the 16th...

(or they may have heard about the Excursion...)

Thanks, y'all.

I feel good - but still feel for those who have to continue to wait for their cars.

I just ordered the Hurst short-throw shifter. Heard good things about it.

Actually - the voice on the machine said delivery "week of" the 16th...

(or they may have heard about the Excursion...)

Congrats on the upcoming car.

Will the same shifter handle fit the GT500? Do you have a link/pic?

Thanks,

Dave

Congrats on the upcoming car.

Will the same shifter handle fit the GT500? Do you have a link/pic?

Thanks,

Dave

Hey Dave, if the GT500 shifter gets any shorter they'll be featuring it as a toggle switch! <lol> :hysterical:

Actually, I think it was Rat who was talking about how much he liked the shortie installed for a customer in a GT ... I think the GT500 is pretty short-throw already??

To our brethren who already posess this wonderfull beast: how's the GT500 shifter feeling??? We need sharing <please?> Wanna hear how she feels in the twisties, on fast transitions, rear-wheel-steering her out the apex.... come on now... <please??!> Want video, audio, satellite pix, MRIs, anything! <please??!>

:shift::hysterical: :happy feet:

-Dan

Archived