TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stripe Delete???

nite

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for the guys that removed the stripes...

Did you do it yourself? If so, how hard were they to remove?

Did it leave behind a lot of the glue to clean up?

I've been wanting to remove mine, but have been a little afraid of

messing up the paint.

Please advise!!!

thanks!

Another question for those that may have removed them with the shelby hood scoop. i noticed that the black is actually the stripe on the hood scoop and not the silver. I am planning on keeping the silver fender and side strip what would you recommend on the hood scoop. leaving it silver? I also am running the shelby razors. (silver)

I'll get flamed for sure, yes it's your car to do as you wish, but this is WAY more than just a "stripe delete", and I'm sorry but there are plenty of black CA Special cars you could have done this to for a lot less money. I personally think it's a :censored: shame! I guess I'm in the minority but I think it's one thing to do a few mods, but another to make the car wholly unrecognizable as an SGT, IN MY OPINION!

Hey, it's not my car but you posted!

I'm sorry but I really hope some future owner restores it.

Flame away!

:lurk:

for the guys that removed the stripes...

Did you do it yourself? If so, how hard were they to remove?

Did it leave behind a lot of the glue to clean up?

I've been wanting to remove mine, but have been a little afraid of

messing up the paint.

Please advise!!!

thanks!

You have an 07 with the thinner stripes...and they were for me a royal PITA to remove. They kept ripping and had to be removed a little at a time. Took two hours to get them off. I then had the new stripes put on. The 08's should be a lot easier as they are thicker and hopefully come off easier.

Black looks clean and neat with out the stripes. But why are people paying this kind of money for a Shelby GT when they could have spent a lot less buying a Mustang GT and than added from there? I bought mine because of the Shelby name.

Black looks clean and neat with out the stripes. But why are people paying this kind of money for a Shelby GT when they could have spent a lot less buying a Mustang GT and than added from there? I bought mine because of the Shelby name.

I owned an 07 Mustang Gt, i added mac exhaust, shelby tune and also had the car lowered and suspension work done. Just was not a shelby so i bought mine for name only!

why are people paying this kind of money for a Shelby GT when they could have spent a lot less buying a Mustang GT and than added from there?

When I bought mine, I was actually looking at an '08 Gt. The '07 Shelby had rebates, the GT did not, the Shelby had dealer discounts, the GT did not. The Shelby had 0% interest for 60 months, the GT did not.

All in all, I paid almost exactly the same for the Shelby as I would have paid for the GT.

And adding the suspension, exhaust and black wheels would have made the total cost more than the GT

When I bought mine, I was actually looking at an '08 Gt. The '07 Shelby had rebates, the GT did not, the Shelby had dealer discounts, the GT did not. The Shelby had 0% interest for 60 months, the GT did not.

All in all, I paid almost exactly the same for the Shelby as I would have paid for the GT.

And adding the suspension, exhaust and black wheels would have made the total cost more than the GT

I understand that and I don't want to belabor the point, but you didn't do this to a GT, you took a Shelby GT, regardless of the price, a car with a pedigree, a special car, and reduced it to nothing more than, EVEN IN YOUR MIND, as a GT with pre-installed FRPP parts. That's the difference and that, I THINK, is unfortunate.

It's fine to take a GT and improve it, but to take a Shelby and reduce it down as you have to a GT with some parts, well...sorry we'll just have to agree to disagree!

I think your car looks great, as a Mustang, but as a Shelby GT.... :cry:

Don't know if this is a dead subject, but I modded the heck out of my SGT.. But then, I went for the 1967 SGT500 retro look.. I definitely got rid of those stained stripes!! funny, I got the car from the dealer new,,,with the stains! I think they charged extra for them :headscratch: I cannot tell you how awsome the car looks without them... My other idea was to paint them on but then started looking at alot of shelbys from the 60's, amazing how many did not have stripes.

I think, if its yours,, go for it!

GNB

I will say it again, green Bullitt w/ GT/CS front & rear, FR3 susp, white or silver stripes, cool hood, and Shelby wheels. I will lovingly cover the Bullitt markings with Shelby mods and be quit happy with my clone.

Oh yeah, I saw an 08 SGT vert with no over the top stripes in Anaheim, CA. I will chase them down next time and tell them of our merry band. Pics also for the vultures, last time I almost got shot (not my car, trespassing).

Mike

PS I believe we are care takers of history in regards to our Shelbys. As long as it comes from SAI. it's ok to add.

Archived