TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SO WHATS THE CAR REALLY BRINGING AT YOUR DEALER????

Slim

I don't get why that would be so funny...

Only an idiot would pass up an opportunity to finance at 0%, and people that are self-made and can afford that car are not generally idiots.

If you finance it over 72 months at 0%, you have the money to earn interest on without paying interest on the car.

Sounded like a pretty smart question to me, personally.

I just bought a new Explorer last week for my wife (mostly) and we did the same thing. Could have paid for it cash if I really wanted to, but would rather have the money in a CD and earn some interest while I let them take automatic payments with no interest.

Again, I don't see why it's so funny... :shrug:

Mike.

It was funny from 2 stand points. Ford always excludes the GT from any incentive. We have not had a car available for sale for the last 8 months.

Hey if he can find one in the color he wants and to be able to buy it for sticker this late in the game he would be lucky.

It was funny from 2 stand points. Ford always excludes the GT from any incentive. We have not had a car available for sale for the last 8 months.

Hey if he can find one in the color he wants and to be able to buy it for sticker this late in the game he would be lucky.

True...

But never hurts to ask the question, does it?

If you saw a lender offering 0% on a mortgage, with restrictions on model/floor-plan, I think you would ask if your house qualified, wouldn't you, just to be sure?

Didn't cost him a penny to ask, and if he could get one at 0%, would have saved/made thousands of dollars difference.

Like I said, I don't see the humor in the interest question.

Guess we just have different perspectives because you're on one side (the seller) and we're on the other side (buyers).

Mike. <---- going back to my cave now.

Off the topic-- but you must be a small dealer.

I'm in Ohio. There are PLENTY of Ford GT's still sitting in showrooms gathering dust.

35 or so cars within 300 miles of where I sit.

+1

Yep...GTs sitting on the floor around here. Asking ADM...yes. Willing to accept offers at MSRP...yes. With respect to a different thread, ADM didn't kill the GT...the fact is there aren't that many people willing to pay $160k+ for a Ford. Cars are sitting around at MSRP and have been for quite a while...easy enough to find...so I'm guessing any color you want.

I manage the inventory at a Ford Dealer and had 4 offers for $15,000 over sticker from other dealers around the country on a Vert that is in stock! We would rather retail the car.

Didn't Ford release a memo stating no brokering? Do you have to report such sales to other dealerships to Ford?

Also, is the 0% financing for 72 months available for the GT500?

Dave

True...

But never hurts to ask the question, does it?

If you saw a lender offering 0% on a mortgage, with restrictions on model/floor-plan, I think you would ask if your house qualified, wouldn't you, just to be sure?

Didn't cost him a penny to ask, and if he could get one at 0%, would have saved/made thousands of dollars difference.

Like I said, I don't see the humor in the interest question.

Guess we just have different perspectives because you're on one side (the seller) and we're on the other side (buyers).

Mike. <---- going back to my cave now.

Maybee I should clairify a few things here because I am not trying to be a smart a**. You don't know me or the story behind my customer. First off this thread started about ADM's and I don't know how many of the members followed the GT's ADM's so they might not be up to speed.

Yes there are Dealers still holding out for ADM's on GT's. I have tried to get one for this customer only to be the "High Up" of the week. There are many showing up on the "locate" system by Ford that are Dealer Principals cars so it is like finding a needle in a haystack. My customer is specific as to what he wants, and dealers that do have them want to make money on our Dealership. Just like I can sell our Shelby Vert to them for $15,000 over sticker. We have 120 names on a list of people that want a Shelby. Some will pay 15 over for specific combo's others are waiting for A-Plan "Employee pricing" which won't happen this year.

I don't blame the guy for asking the question about 0%. He did not know. In fact he is a retired "High up" at Ford that has only had company cars for years even after he retired. He probably has not bought a car from a dealer in years.

I was not trying to be insensitive here. Maybee I was too sarcastic. I guess if you had people asking you if they got zero percent on a Shelby and would only pay invoice, you would have the same disposition. Most buyers of these kinds of cars know what the market is doing before they call or come in. The person that comes in today asking for a Shelby and is told that there are 120 people in front of him for a car the dealership will only get 5 of for the year is probabaly up for a wake up call. He or she is also contributing to the ADM's. Maybee I should have put the roll your eyes smiley but did not see it.

Now I will go into my cave

Didn't Ford release a memo stating no brokering? Do you have to report such sales to other dealerships to Ford?

Also, is the 0% financing for 72 months available for the GT500?

Dave

Yes. No brokering meaning selling to brokers. There are Companies that match up dealer inventorys' with other dealers. They don't ever own the cars. It is up to the dealer to make sure the other dealer is SVT certified. It is like a dealer trade.

No 0% is not available on the Shelby

Archived