TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SO WHATS THE CAR REALLY BRINGING AT YOUR DEALER????

Slim

So! I am on my way to the FORD dealer this coming week to finalize my order. At first they want 20K over when they took my 5K deposit and I would not deal if they wouldn't wait and see what the car was actually going for when mine arrived. They have a vin # now and want me in to negociate the price.

So what is the car really worth in the market? Ebay is all over the board. One thing I don't want is to pay way over the value of the car. I am buying it for the long haul but if some unseen issue comes creeping into my life I want to this is a true collectors item like my 69 Gt350 was.

Can anyone help me out here and tell me exactly what you are paying for the car?????????

Welcome. If you do a search you will find at least 3 dozen posts related to price as delivered including a couple of survey's. Rather than drag every thing back out into the open, you may be better off to just kick back and do a little reading. A good number of our members have thier cars at MSRP, and another group have paid somewhat more. So to save yourself a bit of time, the search may come in handy.

Not a nickel over + $10K.......... stand firm at + $10K, they WILL DO IT!!

If you go higher than that, you will kick yourself within 60 days' time, mark my words.

Are they even committing to a production date for your car?

Yes, check the other nearby thread about a "price paid log", and I would tend to agree at this point that 10K sounds reasonable. CERTAINLY NO MORE THAN 15K OVER MAX!!!

I think every day anybody waits is money in the bank (examples of other "HOT" cars ad nausem).

ASKING PRICES AND SELLING PRICES CAN BE TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS! DEAL FROM A POINT OF VERY RECENT SALE PRICES!

Good luck and tell us the price when you're done, and don't forget to tell about what it's like to drive the car!

I'm paying 20K over for mine and I just got my Vin# yesterday. I'm not happy about it, I just don't have the time to shop around and I really want the car. I have been dealing with them for some time now. They are getting 3 cars total and the other 2 guys are paying 25K over(supposedly!). I just know that I will get my car and it will be taken care of. I guess it's more of a security blanket for me. I can afford to pay, I just hate hearing about all the lucky people who paid MSRP. Seems to be a lot of those people on this site.

OK! SO I do a search and all I get are guys discussing what they might be paying.

Looks as though you pay what ever you can get the car for at the time. Some at MSRP! Some at 3k over! Some at 5k over! Some at 10k over and Some at the 20K over!

Looks like I am just going to have to either negociate well or take my kicks and pay what they think the market is.

I paid 20,000 over I got black conv it cost after it was done 78,000.00

Anyone who paid over sticker for this car will be ticked when you can get them next year at or below sticker.

If you have more money than you know what to do with, then who cares - otherwise, this is the same BS that happens for every hot car. Give it time, it will come down.

Holy smoke! You coulda had THIS 500 HP, fire breathin', touring machine for about $86K. :poke:

Yeah, but that car has been "Banglesized!" Ouch!

Why doesn't BMW fire that guy? :shrug:

I Paid $53K drive out the door thats on a car with the MSRP just over $45K. I bought it June 30th. So if you figure between 4K and 5K for the tax, tag, title and any admin fees I think it works out to about $3K over MSRP.

Did you put $ down on this car and set a price well ahead of time? - or did you walk into a dealer on June 30th and say I'd like to buy your Shelby and worked out a deal of about 3K over?

If it's the latter, I'm going to kill myself!

Do they have anymore on the lot? In transition?

3 years ago I talk to my friggen dealer and they won't even let me put $ down and then I find out another nearby dealer would have sold me one @ MSRP. Guess which one is my dealer now?

Enjoy yours!!!

But then he wouldn't own a Shelby :poke:

I've always appreciated your depth and insightful perception rpretzel. Keep up the good work.

Granted that the M5 doesn't have that fire breather look. Nevertheless, comparing performance/features between the two cars and probable residual value, for a car priced in the high six figures, the M5 is a no brainer. For a car priced in the mid six figures, the Shelby is a no brainer.

Plenty of deposits were taken months or even years ago without any idea of what the asking price would be. Dealers collectively seemed to wait until the msrp was known. And then some enterprising/brokers/bloodsuckers sold ADM'S on ebay. There is a link in the rumors link here from back in April I believe.

I had a deal as #2 on a list that are getting 3 cars this MY. I put a deposit of 1k for it in April. Price was unknown until June, and I was told 15k over at that time. Spoke with the owner and that was the bottom line. I bailed. To big a gouge for me.

I have a deal now with a small one car dealer for 7.5k over. I am locked in on it unless he can't deliver the car before 1/1/07, in which I can eject from that deal. And if that happens, and he doesn't lower the 7.5, I have another dealer I am #1 on his list for a 2008 at msrp.

By the way, The first dealer delivered his first GT500 friday. A red with white stripes. The new owner is a member of the nascar family from Vermont. The first one I've seen,and from the people on here that have had issues with their drivers seat air bag pushing out and stripes either coming up or not straight, this car was perfect. I did a very thorough inspection. The car does not sit as high in person as it looks online. That said it still has too much wheel well showing. Now with 200#s in the back it's probably perfect. Yeah just what the car needs is more weight. For me it will be bigger wheels more then likely. Speaking of wheels, they look better to me in person than online. Heck the car looks a lot better in person.

One cliffnote. I spoke with a 20 year factory rep a couple weeks ago and I was told if my order was not pulled in September I would not see the car in December. So that should give some a perspective of how long the process is taking once the order is pulled to, delivery.

Did you put $ down on this car and set a price well ahead of time? - or did you walk into a dealer on June 30th and say I'd like to buy your Shelby and worked out a deal of about 3K over?

If it's the latter, I'm going to kill myself!

Do they have anymore on the lot? In transition?

3 years ago I talk to my friggen dealer and they won't even let me put $ down and then I find out another nearby dealer would have sold me one @ MSRP. Guess which one is my dealer now?

Enjoy yours!!!

John, I had talked with the dearler and told them that when they found out about the car to give me a call. Th is was probaly around late april or early may. Well the salesman called me at the end of june and told me the was asking $20K over MSRP but he thought if I would come in and talk with the General manager He would work out a deal with me so I set up a appointment with him. I think they felt like I was just someone a little Interested in the car and when they told me $20K over I would go away.

So I made it a point to be ready to buy the car that day.After meeting with the GM he relized how serous i was about buying car and we negotiated the price. thanks to this forum I knew so much more about the car than he did. I had done my homework.

He had already had the order in his system and it just so happens it was the car I wanted Color that is.I had decided that if I was going to pay a ADM I would not get none of the 3 options on the coupe so I knew the cars MSRP would be around 40K. I asked the GM what would the MSRP be at on the car he ordered and he told me that he ordered it with the 3 options and the MSRP was at $40k. So right then a little green light went off in my head, I knew a loaded t88 would have a MSRP of $45K So that gave me an extra $5 k to work with.

He told me that the owner had told him he could not go below $15k over so i sat there and thought about it and then I made him an offer of $50k which in his mind that would be $10K over. I wanted to see how bad they wanted to sell the car.he come back and said that he would go $53K and I went back to him and told him that if he makes it $53k and it my drive out price I would buy it right now. He played the old walk around and think about it game while I sat there with check book in hand and a check already made out to them. Without the $$$$ written in. He came back and told me we had a deal.

I had to put $1k down that day and when the car got a vin# he wanted me to put another $9K down. so I have done this and now My car has been built and released from plant and I should get it one day this coming week.

All in all It turned out pretty good for me. I had an MSRP deal with my current dealer for the #1 car they got. I had ordered the car and then they came back on me and wanted $15k over I told them To kiss my ASS. Thats where my user name came from.(Burnedgt500).Thats when I went looking and found the deal I got.

On June30th when I got mine the dealer told me he had a Ebony Vert. ordered also he would sell me. So if you are interested let me know and I will find out if it is still available. and what he might sell it for.Email me at ward@gordos.cc

After being Burned by my old dealer I made this guy put it in writting and they have already cashed my checks so I think we have a binding contract. at least we do in the state of GA.

Burned GT500:

Sounds like that doing you homework stuff paid off. I've always found that too.

Bought my 2004 ranger @ $175.oo over invoice (-holdbacks too!) and with a bedliner that retails for 200 thrown in. Am totally convinced that because I knew more about all the numbers than the salesperson did, I was able to get through the B.S. I'm sure the dealer is getting some kind of below invoice pricing due to very high volume.

Wish I could get a deal like on that w/the GT500!

I'm 6th on the list at a "not above MSRP" dealer for the Shelby GT. Just don't know how many they'll get, and I definitely want it my way re: options and colors. I will defintely feel great about buying from a dealer that sells @MSRP and leaving my old "whatever the market will bear" dealership behind. Also don't know if that's the car I want considering what one gets for the dollar versus the GT500. Maybe by then the GT500 will be "old hat" and I'll just get what I want. Or... the talk will be about a Boss 302 or a new Gt00KR but it'll be ADM all over again!

Anyway, when I've got my cash in hand, I'll get down to the dealer and pound them for a deal. I don't really need to get the car until next summer, so planning and posturing now.

Enjoy yours when you get it! :bandance:

If you are dumb enough to pay over msrp for any car, I just don't know how you made the money in the first place!

The dealer only paid 37k for it haha

I guess it depends on if you really want the car or not.

I manage the inventory at a Ford Dealer and had 4 offers for $15,000 over sticker from other dealers around the country on a Vert that is in stock! We would rather retail the car.

I've been hearing they same kind of thing. I'm starting to think it's dealers buying from dealers that is keeping the ADMs high.

I've been hearing they same kind of thing. I'm starting to think it's dealers buying from dealers that is keeping the ADMs high.

I am wondering if I sell it to them for $15,000 over, what are they selling them for? In the long run people will want the first year car but half of the 8,000-9,000 cars will be scooped up by Dealer Princples and their friends leaving only a much smaller number for the "Baby Bommers" that have to have one now.

I have a customer that did not want to pay the ADM on the Ford GT when they came out. By the time the cars got down to sticker price we did not have any available for him. We got 3 in 05 and 2 in 06. He called yesterday to see if the GT was included on the 0% financing for 72 months. :hysterical:

Guest evilchris

I am wondering if I sell it to them for $15,000 over, what are they selling them for? In the long run people will want the first year car but half of the 8,000-9,000 cars will be scooped up by Dealer Princples and their friends leaving only a much smaller number for the "Baby Bommers" that have to have one now.

I have a customer that did not want to pay the ADM on the Ford GT when they came out. By the time the cars got down to sticker price we did not have any available for him. We got 3 in 05 and 2 in 06. He called yesterday to see if the GT was included on the 0% financing for 72 months. :hysterical:

Nice emoticon. Show you truly respect your customers.

I don't get why that would be so funny...

Only an idiot would pass up an opportunity to finance at 0%, and people that are self-made and can afford that car are not generally idiots.

If you finance it over 72 months at 0%, you have the money to earn interest on without paying interest on the car.

Sounded like a pretty smart question to me, personally.

I just bought a new Explorer last week for my wife (mostly) and we did the same thing. Could have paid for it cash if I really wanted to, but would rather have the money in a CD and earn some interest while I let them take automatic payments with no interest.

Again, I don't see why it's so funny... :shrug:

Mike.

I don't get why that would be so funny...

Only an idiot would pass up an opportunity to finance at 0%, and people that are self-made and can afford that car are not generally idiots.

If you finance it over 72 months at 0%, you have the money to earn interest on without paying interest on the car.

Sounded like a pretty smart question to me, personally.

I just bought a new Explorer last week for my wife (mostly) and we did the same thing. Could have paid for it cash if I really wanted to, but would rather have the money in a CD and earn some interest while I let them take automatic payments with no interest.

Again, I don't see why it's so funny... :shrug:

Mike.

I just had that same discussion at lunch with a friend of mine who paid cash for a new car, He could have gotten 0%, I told he he must like throwing money away. He asked me what I had meant.

Archived