TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby gathering Cape Coral 12 July 2008

DutchGT500

Hi,

This summer we will be visiting Florida again. We will stay in Cape Coral and we like to invite all Shelby owners to come over with their Shelby for a meet with BBQ at the villa on July 12. We have drinks and a swimming pool so you are invited to come. We met a lot of you at the 85th Birthday Bash and it would be nice to meet again. It is a quiet neighbourhood so there is room for some cars on the driveway and street. Of course I realize due to driving distance this is only possible for some locals from Mid to South Florida. Although a longest distance award is feasable. So Carroll, you are invited!!!

We like to know who wants to come so that we can buy the right amount of food and beverages.

Patrick & Astrid Bouthoorn

The Dutch couple

• 3 weeks later...
To all South Florida Shelbys. I wanna hear from you. Too quiet.

Hallo,my name is Chris and I live in South Florida, I believe I can convince my wife to take a trip with me to the meet up there.

The dutch couple huh? Ik ook. I am from the Netherland Antilles,Curacao. Ik spreken een beetje Hollands.

I don't speak much but I still remember some.

ShelbyHomestead014.jpg

Nice to hear from you. You know it would be fun to get some cars just to meet up at the house. If you have small children, they can enjoy themselves at the swimming pool and we all can enjoy the food from the BBQ. It is not a real meeting. We just wanna do something to meet up with other Shelby enthusiasts.

So even if we can get 5 cars I would be happy.

Tell everyone else you know with a Shelby.

Nice to hear from you. You know it would be fun to get some cars just to meet up at the house. If you have small children, they can enjoy themselves at the swimming pool and we all can enjoy the food from the BBQ. It is not a real meeting. We just wanna do something to meet up with other Shelby enthusiasts.

So even if we can get 5 cars I would be happy.

Tell everyone else you know with a Shelby.

let me know if you are for sure :shades: because I belong to http://www.magiccitymustangs.org/ and as you can see we have quite a few Shelby owners......We could have a big bash though :party2: LOL!!!! If you want I can post up for you on our website but then again only a few might actually show....let me know....

MAgiccity.jpg

Would be nice to see you and your hubby of course. He did let you go to Vegas. Brave man. If you know more Shelbys from your area just let them know.

List so far of people coming (unconfirmed)

07 Naja

FordRocks1

sdear

patrick ... got your pm ... count me in .... i do work every saturday so not sure what time you plan to have it ... but sunday is also good for me !!!

Would be nice to see you and your hubby of course. He did let you go to Vegas. Brave man. If you know more Shelbys from your area just let them know.

List so far of people coming (unconfirmed)

07 Naja

FordRocks1

sdear

1badsho

if you dont mind a roush I might be able to head down cant garuntee as it would be about 12 hour drive but maybe

It's a long drive for just a gathering at our house with a BBQ. I am not planning a big show. Just a meet with some fellow Shelby owners and have a nice BBQ. So I am pretty sure it only will attract people from south FL.

Until now but unconfirmed

07 Naja

FordRocks1

sdear

1badsho

Please send me a PM with cell phone numbers and confirm that you want to come. I will sent you the address.

sdear and 1badsho,

Please send me a PM with your cell phone numbers and confirm that you want to come. I will sent you the address. I have had responses of FordRocks1 and 07 Naja. Plans are to start around 3 PM.

07 Naja (confirmed)

FordRocks1

sdear

1badsho

northportboss

Please send me a PM with your cell phone numbers and confirm that you want to come. I will sent you the address. Plans are to start around 2-3 PM. If you 5 are coming then we will have 3 Shelby GT500 and 2 Shelby GT.

• 2 weeks later...

07 Naja (confirmed)

sdear (confirmed)

1badsho (confirmed)

northportboss (confirmed)

We see you next Saturday between 2 and 3 PM. 07 Naja, you are the long hauler coming from far. If you want to come a bit earlier you may do so.

We have some goodies for each contender and will have the BBQ ready for a nice cookout. There is enough time to chat to get to know each other. Any vegetarians with you?

I do not want to post the address, but PM me if you do not have it.

See you Saturday.

Patrick and Astrid

What started as a nice saturday afternoon chatting with friends and a very good BBQ ended even so much nicer for Don and Vic receiving their unique trophys and goodies from The Netherlands. The evening ended at 10 PM and everybody had a good time. Our friends from Belgium who happen to be here in Cape Coral also did pay a visit. Too bad some people didn't show up as it would be even nicer to have more Shelbys too see and hear. That is what it's all about.

Don_trophy.jpg

Vic_trophy.jpg

Don_trophy.jpg

Vic_trophy.jpg

Another photo.

Thanks Vic and Joyce for driving almost 270 miles to come over and Don somewhat less miles but a big thanks to him too. You both earned the trophys with your beautiful Shelbys. We hope the syrup waffles made it until the next corner when you drove away. They are indeed irresistable.

Trophys.jpg

Trophys.jpg

What a Great time and what Great hosts!

All I can say is we need to do this again the next time you guys come to the states but Joyce and I will host.

We ran into some unbelieveable rain around Lake Wales on US27. Normally drive that stretch @ 75-80 mph but we were down to 25-35 for almost a half an hour.

We really enjoyed the conversation and the different perspectives You,Astrid,Peter,Chantal and Don had on everything.

PM your home address and I'll send that Topcoat there so you dont have to carry it home.

Joyce and I are looking forward to seeing you guys and the rest of the Nederland-Belgium Mustang group in B'ham in April 09.

Thanks again,

Vic and Joyce

PS...the syrup waffles didnt make it to Cape Coral Pkwy.

Archived