TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Possible GT Problem

NCStangFanatic

I have a 2006 GT with about 1200 miles on it. I have put a Steeda CAI on it and I have used the SCT programmer but everything else is stock. I noticed a puff of white smoke when I started the car today. I let it sit for a few hours and checked it again. I had the same puff and then about a second later I could see the exhaust start to flow. It only seems to do it when the engine is cold. Does anybody know if this is normal or could I have a problem brewing?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2006 GT with about 1200 miles on it. I have put a Steeda CAI on it and I have used the SCT programmer but everything else is stock. I noticed a puff of white smoke when I started the car today. I let it sit for a few hours and checked it again. I had the same puff and then about a second later I could see the exhaust start to flow. It only seems to do it when the engine is cold. Does anybody know if this is normal or could I have a problem brewing?

Sounds like it could just be a little condensation in the exhaust system. You say it goes away as quickly as it shows, I don't think it is anything to worry about, unless it starts to last longer, then start looking at your coolant system. Mustangnut

As stated above, it's probably condensation. That said, the quickest way to check for something more problematic is to look at the underside of your oil filler cap. If you see white jell-looking stuff on it get your car to the dealership. I've had this happen twice in my life with new cars. It's likely water/coolant seeping through into the combustion chambers and the crankcase. Both of my cars (one GM one Ford) had bad seals from the block to the heads. One was a warped head, the other a big scratch on the plane of the block, both allowing the seepage.

:shift:

bj

If you take it to the dealership for this problem:

You would be well served to change the programming back to stock, don't want to void the waranty and this sounds like an issue that could be contributed to back the retune, according to the factory.

Probably wouldn't hurt to put the stock air cleaner back on either. :rant:

Archived