TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rollbar options for the vert's?

I was looking at one of the performance driving schools here in the NW, and they require a roll-bar or a roll hoop (same thing?) if you have a vert. If it comes down to putting something hideous in, or skipping the course, I'll skip the course. Does anybody make something that looks like the style bars widely available, but is actually a functional roll bar?

No functional bars that look like a styling bar. You could have someone cover the functional one with padded leather that's stiched nicely, but it still won't look exactly the same as the styling bar does.

Roll hoops are generally found on two seat roadster type cars. The Shelby Cobra, MG, Miata's, etc, etc. The hoop is generally located just behind the drivers headrest, although there are some cars where both seats are covered like the Porsche Boxster does.

You can also consider have the roll bar powered coated with a high gloss finish that either matches the exterior color of the car, or perhaps a trim color. I have seen nicely painted roll bars in cars, but in the end, it's all a matter of personal taste.

Archived