TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quality testing at rail, why the hold up??

landscaper /stang

Any one know why Ford is holding up the delivery at the rail yard???? Ours was due in on the 17th, and I was told it was quality testing at the rail yard, anyone hear of such a thing????? Oh yeah, the kicker, my first payment is due next month!!!! I told them they are going to have to move the date, I'm NOT making a payment on a car that I don't have. I'm getting very upset here in PA. :rant:

Any one know why Ford is holding up the delivery at the rail yard???? Ours was due in on the 17th, and I was told it was quality testing at the rail yard, anyone hear of such a thing????? Oh yeah, the kicker, my first payment is due next month!!!! I told them they are going to have to move the date, I'm NOT making a payment on a car that I don't have. I'm getting very upset here in PA. :rant:

That means the employee's at the rail yard are " testing it". :wacko:

That means the employee's at the rail yard are " testing it". :wacko:

My question is this, what part of country do you live for rail delivery? We live where there are alot of train tracks and never see any cars being transported that way. Our cars are delivered by semi trailers.

From what I'm starting to read, I am so thankful ours is in the garage safe and sound, paid for, and fully insured. Rail yard testing to me means the car is being severely tested by those you would not want to drive your car in the first place. And furthermore I would be finding out ASAP where that car was at, either flying or driving there to save her from those greasy sticky fingers that were abusing her. It makes me cringe to think your Carroll Shelby baby is being held hostage. :cry:

I am going to watch your posts and hope she arrives safe and sound and all my thoughts are wrong!

I dont believe Ford intends for this type of worry for the consumer and hopefully for future shelby owners they will figure a way out so you dont have to post such worrisome messages.

I have called Ford twice, they don't seem too concerned, they said the dealership should know more than what they do. Ford credit is very upset on the other hand and has called the dealership. I would think it would be coming in by truck to the dealership, but for some reason the dealer and Ford keep saying "rail". I'm hoping by Monday it will be here. I guess no one is worried because its bought and paid for, everyone has their money but I have no car.

I have called Ford twice, they don't seem too concerned, they said the dealership should know more than what they do. Ford credit is very upset on the other hand and has called the dealership. I would think it would be coming in by truck to the dealership, but for some reason the dealer and Ford keep saying "rail". I'm hoping by Monday it will be here. I guess no one is worried because its bought and paid for, everyone has their money but I have no car.

Is it being held at a rail yard near you? If yes, go pick it up yourself.

Archived