TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby Pic's!!!

crispy23c

Go here:

http://www.detnews.com/autoshowguide/ford.htm

6 new, official pics of the coupe. Looks mean! B)

Need the 'vert pics, though...can't wait until tomorrow!

That's the one that the guy on svtperformance.com was talking about. The car was getting prepped for the car show. He said that there was a big Shelby emblem on the left side of the truck. I'd rather they left it as was but it okay.

At least the person I fly-by can read my ass and know what he got beat by. Also looks like the hoodstripes are cut tighter around the vents. Looks better..

Thanks Crispy..

People are already making negative comments about the car. One guy even said that it looks like they axed the Brembo brakes. I can't see past the rim. What the hell is this guy smoking to make his vision that good?

Ranting.......Ok better

I know what that's about, Mr.S. The Brembos in the Proto car were cross-drilled. I was going to respond to him, but did not bother. They are still Brembos, just the rotors aren't cross-drilled. Cross-drilled rotors look great, but aren't very good for the street. Great for track, but they are done after an event. They have much less mass than full-surface rotors, so they cannot handle long term heating & cooling like a solid rotor can. See? Now you can feel even better knowing that he doesn't know what he was looking at in the first place!

Yeah.

The cross drilled rotors are supposed to be more prone to cracks caused by heat build up.

The calipers are Brembo!!!

Wish they'd stuck with the old deck lid, with SHELBY in the middle, but............

Like the way the stripes aren't cut around the hood vents, but go up to it.

Hope the two-tone interior is standard, not an extra.

Thanks for the pics........Gimme more!!!!!!!

KingCobra.

Great Pics! I too wish the Decklid still had Shelby written across it.......... But you know, if the Lettering is BIG enough and you really must have it, there would be no stopping you from heading to your finest local Bodyshop.... have them fill the third brakelight hole in, move the brakelight up into the decklid spoiler and then Re-position the SHELBY lettering across the center of the Decklid! Voila, problem solved.

Also, looking at the pictures, they haven't carried the Stripes all the way 'down and through' the Rear License Plate Recess.

Other than that..............WOW!!! :D

I'm still not in love with the hood but the car is still awesome!!! Oh the agony!! I had almost convinced myself to wait for the Boss but the GT500 in classic Shelby colors (white with blue Lemans stripes) has me thinking maybe I should just get both!! :D

I agree with the comment on the cross-drilled rotors, they are certainly prone to cracking, especially in a high stress environment.

Thanks everyone for my crash course on brakes..

This morning I wake up at a little before 8 and the first thing I do is get online to catch the latest news. I'm still wiping the crud from my eyes and I see the pictures. The car looks awesome. I'm still getting the vert, but the coupe looks so freakin' mean..

Thanks everyone for my crash course on brakes..

This morning I wake up at a little before 8 and the first thing I do is get online to catch the latest news. I'm still wiping the crud from my eyes and I see the pictures. The car looks awesome. I'm still getting the vert, but the coupe looks so freakin' mean..

Hahahahaha. Just like Christmas morning when you were 8 and Santa was still real. You'd jump out of bed, early even, it was as if you had a special Christmas Day only internal alarm clock. It was the one day of the year you'd actually wake your parents up. You're Soooooo pumped to see what's under the tree. This year it a GT500!

Archived