TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ShelbyDude & Others

Ok, everyone knows I have been watching the GT500/SGT prices this year. It's getting close to summer and the 2009 GT500's will be out soon.

The 2007 SGT's are still on the lot and selling for about $30k or less where you can find the deals. I'm just not a big fan of the 2007 white or black SGT. And that hood scoop, don't get me started. At best I could put up with a white one if the price was right and local. But I'm not driving to CA for a SGT.

People say there are a lot of unsold 2007 GT500's. But I never see any. But I like the 2008/09's better anyway. A few more options. Unless I could get a great local deal on a 2007 GT500.

My question to ShelbyDude and the rest is what do you think the price of the leftover 2007/08 GT500's will be this summer when the 2009's come out? ShelbyDude you don't seem to be anything like the dealers back east. So I would like to hear what you have to say.

Again, I'm not in a big rush to get one. If I didn't have a 2006 S2000 to drive I would be in a bigger hurry. And when I want to go fast I just go fly the Gulfstream IV. G-IV flys about 530 mph in level flight at 45,000'. And when I'm landing heavy I touch down at over 160 mph. You guys try that on a wet 100' wide runway in a crosswind. Trust me, I get my weekly high speed thrills. ShelbyDude, I don't fly for the airlines. Never have and never will. The airlines are like Grayhound busses. A G-IV is like a flying Rolls-Royce. Very very high end. The best of everything.

I hope you can help.

CaptDave

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watch a USED 08 Vapor with 3900 miles go thru the sale this morning. It brought 45K. It did have NAV. This car MSPRd for 47K. My dumb butt thought I could buy it for 41K. Then make 2K and someone could buy a USED GT500 for 3K back of MSRP. These cars arent bringing the 15K over anymore, but they are still pretty HOT. I think SD said they are more 08s right now than they were 07s this time last year.

My educated opinion would be that good optioned and good color cars will still keep bringing MSRP or just abit over. If its the red striped car they might bring even more. Im still watching dealers on the dealer board ASKING for 2-3K over for thier cars to other dealers. Im not saying they are selling to other dealer for that, but they are asking. I said this before but someone posted on the dealer board asking what dealers are getting for thier GT500s. A few guys said they are still bring 5K-10K over. This is not the norm. I understand that, but I dont think these cars are COLD by any means. You can look on here and see EVERYDAY guys asking to buy one.

michael morris

There are less than 200 2007's left and most of those are likely cars that were bought from other dealers at a premium or could be cars the dealer is keeping or even driving. They just haven't paid for them and choose to floorplan them for as long as they can before having to pay for it. So finding a deal below MSRP is probably unlikely. Plus it IS the 40th production year which may not mean anything to some, but for some it might.

The 08's are starting to thin out. 75% of 08 production has been sold (assuming 8,000 was the number built, but knowing Ford they probably built 9000+ and haven't released actual production numbers yet)

This is summer which is PRIME buying season for cars like this. So the deals may only get harder to find now. Any deal at MSRP I would be all over it if I were looking for one. As the end of the GT500 nears prices will likely creep up again as inventory falls off.

2009 is going to be a VERY SHORT run. Only 8 months of production and that doesn't include any plant shut down time. Over the holiday at least two weeks of down time which leaves 7 1/2 months of total production for 2009, minus any other down time. So how many can they build in 7 1/2 months? They can only build abpout 40 engines per day, so what does that leave you with?

My GUESS is 2009 will only produce 3k - 4k GT500's with a max up to 6,000 with only 7 1/2 months of production.

This could also result in a lot of dealers not getting a 2009 which means the bigger dealers will get most of these and most of those dealers are the ones that hold out for the premiums.

So again, if you can find one now for MSRP I would be all over it!

As 5/3/08 here is what is left of 2008 GT500's:

GT500 Coupes remaining:

369 = Performance White

342 = Torch Red

276 = Ebony

231 = Vapor

168 = Vista Blue

60 = Alloy

47 = Grabber Orange

=====================

GT500 Covertibles remaining:

197 = Ebony

143 = Torch Red

102 = Performance White

71 = Vapor

26 = Vista Blue

16 = Alloy

12 = Grabber Orange

======================

So if you are hung up on a specific color that is what you have left to choose from.

Also remember, last year at this time these were selling fast at $10K which was the low end at that time on most of them. Now with many at MSRP - $5k over these are selling just as good and with summer here they will likely sell faster as long as people are finding them at MSRP or slightly over.

Another RUMOR I heard that supposedly came from a higher up at Ford told to a dealer by that person is they are not building a GT500 for 2010. Whether that is true or not I don't know. Just what I heard.

The other thing to remember is the fun and joy of these cars is being able to DRIVE THEM! So for those that live in areas where you can't drive them during winter months, is it really worth the gamble of holding out until winter again in HOPES of finding one below MSRP and missing another summer of being able to drive one just to save MAYBE an extra $1k or $2k bucks??? Even IF you got lucky to find one for less than MSRP how much less do you really think that will be? Is that worth missing another entire summer of fun and enjoyment being able to drive this car?

It gets to a point where you start chasing after what I call STUPID MONEY! I don't know about you, but I can't think of anything that $1k - $2k could buy me for an entire summer of being able to have this much fun and enjoyment, can you?

My OPINION.....if you can find one for MSRP jump on it while you can!

$45k for a used one with 3900 miles proves that.

Steve

gt500's are holding at msrp....people who can afford are not affected by high gas prices as the cars are generally weekend driven only...shelby sgt..really do not know...used on craigs list here with low low miles is from 1 ad i seen about 31K..i doubt the seller even gets close...shelbygt will suffer greatly when 5.0L is dropped in the gt or the if ever gt350....september is the big announcement on the camaro...when the camaro is on dealer lots it will affect prices on mustangs...lots of camaro guys bought mustangs simply due to no camaro being available...that is about to change...challenger is anywhere from 15k over msrp to msrp here locally....the floodgates are about to open and i would worry about more cars then butts to fill-em....supply and demand..you learned it in senior economics class and it still holds true today

gt500's are holding at msrp....people who can afford are not affected by high gas prices as the cars are generally weekend driven only...shelby sgt..really do not know...used on craigs list here with low low miles is from 1 ad i seen about 31K..i doubt the seller even gets close...shelbygt will suffer greatly when 5.0L is dropped in the gt or the if ever gt350....september is the big announcement on the camaro...when the camaro is on dealer lots it will affect prices on mustangs...lots of camaro guys bought mustangs simply due to no camaro being available...that is about to change...challenger is anywhere from 15k over msrp to msrp here locally....the floodgates are about to open and i would worry about more cars then butts to fill-em....supply and demand..you learned it in senior economics class and it still holds true today

GT500 production comes to an end Jan 30th 2009. The Camero won't be out until March/April 2009 which is 2 - 3 months after the last GT500 has been built. So I doubt the Camero will have any affect on the GT500. Mustangs in general, yes. But the new designed 2010 will start hitting lots in Feb 2009 which is a month or two before the Camero hits lots. So Mustang will be out with a new design to help keep interest strong (assuming the new look is a hit and most people like it). There will also be lots of current V6 and GT owners looking to trade in for the new design. So there is a lot going on to help mustang sales remain strong.

Also, the Challenger and Camero high performance models will demand big premiums making the GT500 a bargain at MSRP if you can still find one by then.

GT500 production comes to an end Jan 30th 2009. The Camero won't be out until March/April 2009 which is 2 - 3 months after the last GT500 has been built. So I doubt the Camero will have any affect on the GT500. Mustangs in general, yes. But the new designed 2010 will start hitting lots in Feb 2009 which is a month or two before the Camero hits lots. So Mustang will be out with a new design to help keep interest strong (assuming the new look is a hit and most people like it). There will also be lots of current V6 and GT owners looking to trade in for the new design. So there is a lot going on to help mustang sales remain strong.

Also, the Challenger and Camero high performance models will demand big premiums making the GT500 a bargain at MSRP if you can still find one by then.

i mostly agree....i differ on effect of the camaro on mustangs sales..fact is we have yet to see a decent 2010 redesign photo so at this time nobody knows how well it will be received...high msrp on high-performance camaro and challenger will be the norm initially and on that i agree...one thing we can most assuradly agree upon...big suv's are DEAD....

Ok, everyone knows I have been watching the GT500/SGT prices this year. It's getting close to summer and the 2009 GT500's will be out soon.

The 2007 SGT's are still on the lot and selling for about $30k or less where you can find the deals. I'm just not a big fan of the 2007 white or black SGT. And that hood scoop, don't get me started. At best I could put up with a white one if the price was right and local. But I'm not driving to CA for a SGT.

People say there are a lot of unsold 2007 GT500's. But I never see any. But I like the 2008/09's better anyway. A few more options. Unless I could get a great local deal on a 2007 GT500.

My question to ShelbyDude and the rest is what do you think the price of the leftover 2007/08 GT500's will be this summer when the 2009's come out? ShelbyDude you don't seem to be anything like the dealers back east. So I would like to hear what you have to say.

Again, I'm not in a big rush to get one. If I didn't have a 2006 S2000 to drive I would be in a bigger hurry. And when I want to go fast I just go fly the Gulfstream IV. G-IV flys about 530 mph in level flight at 45,000'. And when I'm landing heavy I touch down at over 160 mph. You guys try that on a wet 100' wide runway in a crosswind. Trust me, I get my weekly high speed thrills. ShelbyDude, I don't fly for the airlines. Never have and never will. The airlines are like Grayhound busses. A G-IV is like a flying Rolls-Royce. Very very high end. The best of everything.

I hope you can help.

CaptDave

Well, I get to fly at 50' at night on NVG's at 150 KTS, so I get my speed rush too. But I really love my car and I agree with SD, don't miss out on a summer of driving this car! Would you just buy one and get it over with! :happy feet: I would jump all over that Ebay one if I were you. Oh yeah, did I tell you they pay me to fly the worlds sexiest helicopter? :hysterical:

From my vantage point (big volume Ford/SVT dealer in the NW), 2007 GT500's and SGT's are basically long ago sold out. Even 2008 GT500's and SGT's are scarce around the NW. Current market around here is roughly $3-5K ADM's on new 08 GT500's, and new 08 SGT's selling below MSRP. We have a new 08 SGT Vert for sale for about $3K below MSRP here right now. We're sold out of new GT500's, but do have one remaining '08 GT500 coupe at the plant now almost ready to ship. I suspect it'll still sell easily for a couple grand over MSRP.

This summertime, I suspect that pricing will stay fairly flat, but more and more MSRP deals on the GT500's as the '09's start arriving. However, with the short '09 model year and the possibility of no '10 GT500, pricing likely won't fall below MSRP, in general. SGT's will be another story, with dealers losing their shorts to unload these cool - yet unloved - Shelby novelties. I can't believe Ford hasn't stepped in with big rebates, special financing, or even dealer cash to clear them out yet! It's like they are pretending that there aren't excess SGT's sitting around collecting dust. I can see new 08 SGT coupes below $40K the norm, and approaching $35K (much like the '07 SGT's did last year), with the SGT verts about $5 more money for the privelege of top down motoring. Heck, our last new 08 SGT vert is currently priced at just $50 over the invoice total and nobody wants it. Perhaps summertime will see the verts finally find new homes.

On a non-Shelby note, even the '08 (and now '09) Bullitt is getting a big yawn from consumers! Only 5,600 of the 7,700 were ordered for '08, so the balance spills into '09. While a cool package, it is too understated for the vast majority that need their ego stroked by a public display of stripes and scoops. Too bad, really, as the car is a heckuva performance bargain (low 13's in the 1/4 mile for about $30K). The GT/CS is selling very well, as evidenced by Ford keeping it for a 3rd year in a row. About half of our new GT's sold are GT/CS's (lots of the beloved stripes and scoops, even if no faster than a "regular" GT).

Yes, I would like a vista blue 07,08,09. I only have 1 last Hemi car and I am not selling that one so I will have to wait for a low milage used one to come in down the road......more than a year from now. I have mods to complete....like seeing what the HP limit for the 2.3 TVS is! :yup:

The other thing to remember is the fun and joy of these cars is being able to DRIVE THEM! So for those that live in areas where you can't drive them during winter months, is it really worth the gamble of holding out until winter again in HOPES of finding one below MSRP and missing another summer of being able to drive one just to save MAYBE an extra $1k or $2k bucks??? Even IF you got lucky to find one for less than MSRP how much less do you really think that will be? Is that worth missing another entire summer of fun and enjoyment being able to drive this car?

I may have argued this point before I actually brought mine home (thanks again Five Oh Brian!) Now that I have I don't know how I waited so long much less how I could go another summer without. The 2000 is a nice car but I doubt it would be the hit at local cruise-ins that my GT500 is. And having test drove one I can tell you it damn sure doesn't have the kick in the pants the Shelby does. This car is FLAT OUT HOT! I hurry to get ready for work every morning so I can take a little extra cruise before work and my lunch breaks have become Shelby breaks. Bonus is I'm losing weight! For the past two weeks I've had a different neighbor, some from a couple streets over, come over almost every night asking to go for a cruise. I'm gonna have to start charging for gas money. If you really wany one MSRP is more than worth it.

Five OH B good to hear from you its been along time between posts , hope everything is good with you , not a bad 1/4 time with the G.T

Thanks for the welcome back, shelby001. Life has certainly thrown me some curveballs lately, so I haven't been able to post much for awhile. Things are settling down a bit, so I'm finding time to read the forums again.

The 1/4 mile times will be dramatically improved next time I'm at the track, as my GT is in the shop as we speak having a Vortech supercharger installed. I'm starting off with a very conservative tune that should yield about 420hp per Vortech. That should be good for a full second improvement in the 1/4 mile (my prediction is 12.30's @ 111+).

I may have argued this point before I actually brought mine home (thanks again Five Oh Brian!) Now that I have I don't know how I waited so long much less how I could go another summer without. The 2000 is a nice car but I doubt it would be the hit at local cruise-ins that my GT500 is. And having test drove one I can tell you it damn sure doesn't have the kick in the pants the Shelby does. This car is FLAT OUT HOT! I hurry to get ready for work every morning so I can take a little extra cruise before work and my lunch breaks have become Shelby breaks. Bonus is I'm losing weight! For the past two weeks I've had a different neighbor, some from a couple streets over, come over almost every night asking to go for a cruise. I'm gonna have to start charging for gas money. If you really wany one MSRP is more than worth it.

Always happy to help, and even happier to know that you're getting so much joy from your GT500. Like you, I could not justify waiting to get what I wanted. In 2006 I still had my '03 Mach 1 and wanted a GT500 desperately, but demand (and ADM's) kept me from getting one. I waited until the fall of '06, and finally decided I couldn't wait any longer, so I bought my '07 GT and began modding it instead of agonizing over when a GT500 would be possible.

Those in the market for a GT500 today are fortunate to be able to readily find one for MSRP or just slightly more with a little bit of looking. We are approaching the point in the product cycle that many thought would have arrived more than a year ago, but better late than never.

Well, I get to fly at 50' at night on NVG's at 150 KTS, so I get my speed rush too. But I really love my car and I agree with SD, don't miss out on a summer of driving this car! Would you just buy one and get it over with! :happy feet: I would jump all over that Ebay one if I were you. Oh yeah, did I tell you they pay me to fly the worlds sexiest helicopter? :hysterical:

Is this what you fly?

th_022_3A.jpg

th_023_2A.jpg

CWHR,

No, that's an Army H-47. Here is what I fly, the CH-53E SuperStallion:

RotorWash.jpg

CaptQuituguaCaptMcCloudSSgtDixon-1.jpg

SantaDrop2.jpg

IMG_6509.jpg

The first one was taken on the ship, the second one was in Iraq, the third one was at Camp Lejeune (we were dropping off Santa for the children) and the last one was taken in Iraq (three of the Marines in that photo would later lose their lives in a mishap off of Djibouti). I am extremely proud of that last one.

Something tells me you guys are not getting Filet Mignon served up front each flight. It's just a guess.

CaptDave

You're starting to sound like someone from Palm Beach. :hysterical: No, I just have mine back at the O'Club with a cold beer while wearing flip flops and Hawaiin shirts. Isn't that what all us pilot's do after flying? :hysterical:

You're starting to sound like someone from Palm Beach. :hysterical: No, I just have mine back at the O'Club with a cold beer while wearing flip flops and Hawaiin shirts. Isn't that what all us pilot's do after flying? :hysterical:

I never fly without my Hawaiian Shirts. Haven't been to the O'Club since Subic Bay.

CaptDave

My predicition (which is usually right, as it has been so far with the GT500). If you are looking for a specific color you will probably be at MSRP throughout the year. There will be some dealers who will still want an ADM, but a little shopping and you will find what you want. There will be some selling below MSRP by 3 to 5 thousand espeacially in October and November, but you might have to sacrifice color etc!

My predicition (which is usually right, as it has been so far with the GT500). If you are looking for a specific color you will probably be at MSRP throughout the year. There will be some dealers who will still want an ADM, but a little shopping and you will find what you want. There will be some selling below MSRP by 3 to 5 thousand espeacially in October and November, but you might have to sacrifice color etc!

5K below MSRP is below INVOICE on these cars.

CWHR,

No, that's an Army H-47. Here is what I fly, the CH-53E SuperStallion:

RotorWash.jpg

CaptQuituguaCaptMcCloudSSgtDixon-1.jpg

SantaDrop2.jpg

IMG_6509.jpg

The first one was taken on the ship, the second one was in Iraq, the third one was at Camp Lejeune (we were dropping off Santa for the children) and the last one was taken in Iraq (three of the Marines in that photo would later lose their lives in a mishap off of Djibouti). I am extremely proud of that last one.

Can't wait for a late 2009 Mustang Boss to appear.

I know ShelbyDude has been selling cars for a long time. And an honest guy at that. But I still think all the signs are that the GT500 prices are still going down. Even into summer. I still feel the 2009 GT500's will make the 2008 GT500's drop a bit more. And the 2007 GT500 still on the floor? I think the dealers are stuck with them. Most dealers way overpaid for them. So I think they will keep them on the floor as a personal toy of the owner as ShelbyDude said. Look for the deals this year with the leftover 2008 GT500's.

I don't know what will happen to the $40k-$50k SGT's? Who is going to buy a loaded SGT conv at those prices? You could pay a little bit more and get a GT500.

CaptDave

Archived