TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelbys on hold !

cugotit

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the plant put all Shelby GT500s on hold for shipment. I just got back from my dealer, I was suppose to get my Shelby today. He has been checking BNRR every day for shipment notification and railcar number. He called Ford and found out all GT500s were put on hold for shipment due to a clutch problem as of 08/24/06. Ford could not or would not tell him what the problem is, just that it is clutch related and that they are working on it 24/7 to resolve it. Maybe Robert Lane has more info on this. I am pretty disappointed that the Shelby didn't come in but I am glad they are resolving the problem there. Please don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger.

ARGH!!!!!!!!

:banghead:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the plant put all Shelby GT500s on hold for shipment. I just got back from my dealer, I was suppose to get my Shelby today. He has been checking BNRR every day for shipment notification and railcar number. He called Ford and found out all GT500s were put on hold for shipment due to a clutch problem as of 08/24/06. Ford could not or would not tell him what the problem is, just that it is clutch related and that they are working on it 24/7 to resolve it. Maybe Robert Lane has more info on this. I am pretty disappointed that the Shelby didn't come in but I am glad they are resolving the problem there. Please don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger.

No worries cugotit. I would rather know that not. I agree with you as well. Fix it before you send it!

Sure hope this is not the case. I called today and was told that estimated ship date was 9/2/06. Toying with my emotions.

I called again today and was told 7Sept for delivery...

I sure hope this is accurate,

There again, I would rather have it right then have to take it in to the dealer for repairs immediately after delivery

T

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the plant put all Shelby GT500s on hold for shipment.

Well, isn't THIS just like throwing meat into the lions cage! I can see it now... a thousand "poor me" threads about how Bill Jr should be tarred and feathered for letting this happen. If anyone thinks that this will be the last problem/recall/TSB etc with this car, you're in for a big letdown. I can't think of ANY first year car that hasn't had issues - sometimes major ones.

Sit back, relax, have a brew :beerchug: and don't stress out.

Well, isn't THIS just like throwing meat into the lions cage! I can see it now... a thousand "poor me" threads about how Bill Jr should be tarred and feathered for letting this happen. If anyone thinks that this will be the last problem/recall/TSB etc with this car, you're in for a big letdown. I can't think of ANY first year car that hasn't had issues - sometimes major ones.

I just sold my '05 Mustang GT to make room for my Shelby. No issues with this first year car, which is obviously closely related to the GT500....

Well,

I JUST decided to calm down.

Why. you ask? (OK, so you didn't ask, so what! I'm telling y'all anyway!)

I JUST GOT MY VIN!

(244776)

Only the 1st one, but it's a step in the right direction. Should have a G O vert hopefully by end of September.

Mike.

Well,

I JUST decided to calm down.

Why. you ask? (OK, so you didn't ask, so what! I'm telling y'all anyway!)

I JUST GOT MY VIN!

(244776)

Only the 1st one, but it's a step in the right direction. Should have a G O vert hopefully by end of September.

Mike.

:happy feet: :cheerleader: Congrats, PhantomAce!!! :cheerleader: :happy feet: :party:

Guest evilchris

I just sold my '05 Mustang GT to make room for my Shelby. No issues with this first year car, which is obviously closely related to the GT500....

The powertrain is different from the fan to the differential.

Just passing along information, not throwing meat into the lion's cage. I guess I will just keep my information to myself. I have been a member of this this forum a long time and this is why I don"t post.Thanks for reminding me.

Just passing along information, not throwing meat into the lion's cage. I guess I will just keep my information to myself. I have been a member of this this forum a long time and this is why I don"t post.Thanks for reminding me.

I don't think he was slamming you; just suggesting that no one over react. We are always happy to receive additional news about the shelby.

Hey cugotit. Don't take it personally. I'm sure no harm was meant. Everyone is just a little high-strung around here with all the PSDS. Any information anyone can offer is much appreciated by the major majority of us. (even if it is bad news)

:party:

No offense meant. We've just seen posts in the past where "my dealer told me..." and everyone takes it as god's truth. Maybe you got the "scoop of the day" and beat Ford to the punch with the official announcement. Actually, I hope you're wrong because of the impact on the people waiting here. :bandance:

I don't think he was slamming you; just suggesting that no one over react. We are always happy to receive additional news about the shelby.

Agreed. Seems like when a little news comes out the old "sky is falling" mentality comes out and we all panic. I just roll with the punches and pour another strong drink! :party:

Hey cugotit. Don't take it personally. I'm sure no harm was meant. Everyone is just a little high-strung around here with all the PSDS. Any information anyone can offer is much appreciated by the major majority of us. (even if it is bad news)

:party:

Yes, just send me my damn car with a working cultch!

I,ve found it best to wait and see what the real deal is and let someone like robert weigh in. Alot of the time, dealers are uninformed, misinformed, or just plain full of crap. Not all dealers though, so it's a coin toss at best.

More accurate (and confirmable) info seems to flow through the pages here on this site. So don't get to worked up over one negative statement.

..hell, just send me my car, and I'll put my own damn clutch in it; same for that stinkin' stripe delay thing.....

it is definitely miller time :happy feet:

I am a couple ahead of you already!!! I just drove an '06 GT today, first time for a standard since my fox body GT. Man that was nice!! I can not imagine what is coming in the GT500, must go get more beer.

I am a couple ahead of you already!!! I just drove an '06 GT today, first time for a standard since my fox body GT. Man that was nice!! I can not imagine what is coming in the GT500, must go get more beer.

I test drove an 05 mustang gt, 5 speed, a few weeks ago. Same thing, haven't driven a manual since I sold my turbo supra back in 96. It definitely was a sweet ride, with a lot of get up and go. Reminded me a lot of a 69 olds 442 that I had for awhile (350 hp, 440 # torque). Hell, more beer, more beer............ :D

Hope this isn't a problem on the Shelbys that have already shipped. My clutch seems fine.....makes you wonder though.

Whaaa? I was supposed to get a clutch, too??

:shift:

bj

Hell, I'm used to a clutch, my wife's maxima is a 5-rower, and it's a lot quicker than the auto's.

Was fun to drive when we bought it, but then again 190hp was a lot back then.

In any case, I can fix a clutch, and besides, there are warranties for that kind of thing.

Give me my damn cars!

Mike.

You guys drink to damn much to be getting a 500hp/475lbs torque car. Hell it kind of scares me.

Just a thought I have seen many post on this forum from people that have there Shelby already stating that the clutch shuttered a good bit and it took a lot of getting used too. I must admit that I was a little worried about that problem. A 50K car should not have a shuttering clutch. My Shelby was due 8/24 I hope that mine is ones that is still sitting there to be fixed! As of 8/18 it had been released from plant but it never went to the shipped status as of 8/25 in the AM. lets all hope that if this is the case Ford steps up and does the right thing.

I have 2 F-550's that Ford dropped the ball on and I cannot keep them running. I am trying everything to get rid of them and Ford is not helping. These 2 trucks have cost me thousands of dollars in rental fee's!

I have always been a Ford Man and I always will be. Most of the things they build are great. But stay away from the 2005 Ford F-550.

I think it's std, but who knows, it was probably in an option group we missed!

But I *did* the interior upgrade!!!

bj

You guys drink to damn much to be getting a 500hp/475lbs torque car. Hell it kind of scares me.

Just a thought I have seen many post on this forum from people that have there Shelby already stating that the clutch shuttered a good bit and it took a lot of getting used too. I must admit that I was a little worried about that problem. A 50K car should not have a shuttering clutch. My Shelby was due 8/24 I hope that mine is ones that is still sitting there to be fixed! As of 8/18 it had been released from plant but it never went to the shipped status as of 8/25 in the AM. lets all hope that if this is the case Ford steps up and does the right thing.

I have 2 F-550's that Ford dropped the ball on and I cannot keep them running. I am trying everything to get rid of them and Ford is not helping. These 2 trucks have cost me thousands of dollars in rental fee's!

I have always been a Ford Man and I always will be. Most of the things they build are great. But stay away from the 2005 Ford F-550.

The clutch chatters in 1st and reverse because of the cerametallic linings. You'll get used to it. They're noisy in neutral with the clutch out, too. No big deal.

bj

Archived