TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Starting Out

creilly333

I have a 2008 Mustang GT, in black, that I bought last New Years Eve. I have approx. 4000 miles on it and now have a daily driver vehicle that I use for work, so the GT is used less to keep the mileage down.

After I bought it I realized that the car I really wanted was the SGT, however there were none available in my area at the time. I figured that if I were to trade the GT I would have to take a pretty large hit, but on the advice of one of the forum members I have begun to look into the possibility of building a CS8.

I have a few questions :-

As far as I know there are a few rules, in that the parts must be bought from Shelby or an authorized dealer. Must they be fitted by an authorized dealer or can I fit them myself ?

What makes a Turn 1 and Turn 2 CS8 ? My understanding is that Turn 1 is appearance mods and Turn 2 adds the supercharger.

Is there a list of parts that MUST be fitted ? ie Shelby Razor wheels, Paxton supercharger or can the parts list be changed to substitute parts from different manufacturers ?

Do I have to fit the stripes or can I leave the car without ?

I assume to get the plaque there must be certain parts fitted but surely I have to prove what parts I have fitted to my car.

That's all for now.

Thanks

Colin

Is yours a coupe? Is it a premium? Manual? What options? What wheels?

The car is a premium, manual coupe with 18" painted fan blade wheels. Options are interior upgrade package - charcoal aluminum dash, wheel locking kit, Sirius radio, heated seats, ambient lighting.

Colin

The car is a premium, manual coupe with 18" painted fan blade wheels. Options are interior upgrade package - charcoal aluminum dash, wheel locking kit, Sirius radio, heated seats, ambient lighting.

Colin

Also added a Steeda CAI and Steeda 93 octane performance tune.

I have a 2008 SGT

You are probably 800 - 900 miles away, so if you drove it here you would have about 5000 miles on it.

If you are interested I will get you $23k - $24k trade in on it.

Sent a PM

Sent a PM

Wrote to Shelby this morning an got a very quick response to my questions. I would still like to hear of others experiences in putting together one of these cars.

Colin

Paleoc,

That was a great read, thanks. I have a lot to look forward to ;-) I talked with Keith at Shelby and he said I could either buy the kit or buy the parts individually and once the full kit had been purchased I would get the stripe kit and plaque for free.

Colin

Archived