TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Options boomerang or sherlock marking

MD07SHELBY

Well as usual my insurance company requires that I either install a boomerang tracking device in my shelby (as with all my previous mustangs) but they have now given me the option of having the car marked with a serial number on 50 different parts.I am leaning towards the marking ,my car is never anywhere except in my garage or where I can see it so I am not that worried about it being stolen & have found that spending the money on the boomerang & the yearly fee's to be a waste.My question is would having it engraved take away from it's futur resale value or not.

changing insurance company's is not an option as here in mtl they all require the same things.

Thanks

My insurance company did not ask for either but I had no choise. The dealer would not sell the car to me unless I had them install a boomerang 2 at the cost of $895.00 + taxes. I have full replacement value for 2 years on the car but if it was stolen with no tracking device, the chances of finding another one to buy would be very slim.

I asked my dealer specifically NOT to etch the car. As it turns out they do not really etch it, they have some odd stickers that they attach to the major body parts, and key components. They handed me a bag of these stickers with all my doumentation on delivery.

I asked my insurance agent if this made a difference to rates, or if it was a requirement, but said no.

I kind of like the boomerang idea, what are the negatives to the boomerang?

I asked my dealer specifically NOT to etch the car. As it turns out they do not really etch it, they have some odd stickers that they attach to the major body parts, and key components. They handed me a bag of these stickers with all my doumentation on delivery.

I asked my insurance agent if this made a difference to rates, or if it was a requirement, but said no.

I kind of like the boomerang idea, what are the negatives to the boomerang?

Monthly monitoring fee...

Cheers,

Requis

• 1 month later...

My Insurance Company is SO Impressed with my Boomerang that they offered me NO Discount!!

Erinwood Ford offered a Boomerang 1 at $899 installed. I checked around and Cobra Car Protection (useless web site) sells the Boomerang 1 for $399 and the 2 for $539. My insurance company (PC Financial) tells me that my premium will be reduced by $150/year if I install a boomerang. That should pay for the monitoring fee.

Erinwood Ford offered a Boomerang 1 at $899 installed. I checked around and Cobra Car Protection (useless web site) sells the Boomerang 1 for $399 and the 2 for $539. My insurance company (PC Financial) tells me that my premium will be reduced by $150/year if I install a boomerang. That should pay for the monitoring fee.

I have P.C Financial. What kind of premiums does the Shelby have?

I have P.C Financial. What kind of premiums does the Shelby have?

$970/year for a 47 year old male with no claims or tickets.

However, it's not quite so simple. Prior to the Shelby I had two daily drivers (and the 65 which is covered under the Silver Wheel collector car policy) with three drivers, one of them being my 17 year old son. Once I got the Shelby, he had to become a primary driver on one of the other cars and his rates went WAY up. We're talking $4,000! The good news is that when I reduce the insurance to comprehensive on the Shelby for the winter, he goes back to being a secondary driver again and I should get some money back.

I don't have much choice but to grin and bear it. "Thank you sir! May I have another?"

RBC gave me a total of $25.45 off my policy and told me the car could still be subjected to Damage and that typically a theft will result in Total loss, in most cases even when recovered...hmmm this after I bought and paid for it....oh well car comes in Friday....Lots of time to find new insurance company.

Requis

• 3 months later...
Well as usual my insurance company requires that I either install a boomerang tracking device in my shelby (as with all my previous mustangs) but they have now given me the option of having the car marked with a serial number on 50 different parts.I am leaning towards the marking ,my car is never anywhere except in my garage or where I can see it so I am not that worried about it being stolen & have found that spending the money on the boomerang & the yearly fee's to be a waste.My question is would having it engraved take away from it's futur resale value or not.

changing insurance company's is not an option as here in mtl they all require the same things.

Thanks

Hey,

Wuz up,

So how do you like your shelby gt 500 07. R u here in mtl> any problems with it .

Alex

• 4 weeks later...

I have to ask......so you guys but boomerang tracking devices in your cars? My insurance company will give no discount, or even cares if I put the boomerang it the Shelby. I was shocked. However I have been looking at the Witness because you can see your car online at any time. Please let me know if anyone has checked out the Witness.

Archived