TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hello! First post should always be a good one, right?

Well, it is time to say hello to everyone! I have been browsing these forums for a week now, waiting for the opportunity to create my first post. I wanted to wait until I could give the beast its first bath. I purchased it at Galpin Ford in San Fernando Valley at the wonderful price of $44,956, on April 25th, thanks to the generosity of Bert Bockman, and the wheel and dealin skills of my good friend. I would have to say it was one of the absolute best experiences at a dealership I have ever had. Everyone there was extremely helpful and willing to do whatever it took to get me into that car at the price I could afford. They gave me $1,500 over every other dealer for my trade, and knocked the price down of the car many times until everything was good to go. I got to meet the owner of Galpin, Bert Bockman, who essentially told me that because I am law enforcement he wanted to make sure I was taken care of. He also put me on a list of people who he is getting signed visors for the next time Carroll Shelby is down at Galpin (apparently they are friends, from the pictures he showed me!).

Man, you guys who swear by ICE, you were right, that stuff is amazing. I was a firm user of specific waxes for a long time (I am an avid detailer), and had not used ICE before until today. Just a single coat made the paint pop something fierce! I claybarred, cleaned, and waxed the paint and striping, and it looks amazing. I thought it looked good coming out of the dealership, but now, wow. I am damn glad to own this car, and to have something like this as your first new vehicle ever is something else.

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

Congratulations on the car, and welcome to the nuthouse! :hysterical:

I saw your car several times when it was sitting in the showroom several weeks ago; it a beauty for sure. Hope that your duty schedule allows you to come out to the Calabasas car gatherings early Sunday mornings, or perhaps at Bob's Big Boy on Friday nights.

Remember, being a Shelby owner and a member of team Shelby now, you must promise never to cite another Shelby owner; especally if the owner is driving a Grabber Orange convertible Super Snake, or a white and silver SGT/SC okay? :hysterical:

First mod I think will be the Shelby brake cooling kit, then the JLT CAI :D Just got the tuner from Fedex, and Adam at ST Performance in San Bernadino is itching to do it for me :D Look what reading these forums has done to me! Ack!

Thanks for the warm welcome :) From what I have seen, this is a great forum and community, looking forward to seeing anyone at everything from a cruise to a meet to Ford Fun Weekend...

Ok, first question: When I am due for my first maintenance, what all should I get done besides the oil change?

*EDIT* Oh, and thats a for sure on the cite statement!

great deal! great car!

congrats on your purchase!

that is almost 2K under MSRP.

good going they were not dealing when I went there 2 months ago and I bought mine in Valencia.

Same color with Nav.

congrats and I feel exact opposite about Galpin, I found them an unpleasant experience. and I would not buy there for the foreseeable future.

do me a favor next time you see me driving on victory BLVD. and your on the job please dont give me a ticket, we are now brothrers

Well, it is time to say hello to everyone! I have been browsing these forums for a week now, waiting for the opportunity to create my first post. I wanted to wait until I could give the beast its first bath. I purchased it at Galpin Ford in San Fernando Valley at the wonderful price of $44,956, on April 25th, thanks to the generosity of Bert Bockman, and the wheel and dealin skills of my good friend. I would have to say it was one of the absolute best experiences at a dealership I have ever had. Everyone there was extremely helpful and willing to do whatever it took to get me into that car at the price I could afford. They gave me $1,500 over every other dealer for my trade, and knocked the price down of the car many times until everything was good to go. I got to meet the owner of Galpin, Bert Bockman, who essentially told me that because I am law enforcement he wanted to make sure I was taken care of. He also put me on a list of people who he is getting signed visors for the next time Carroll Shelby is down at Galpin (apparently they are friends, from the pictures he showed me!).

Man, you guys who swear by ICE, you were right, that stuff is amazing. I was a firm user of specific waxes for a long time (I am an avid detailer), and had not used ICE before until today. Just a single coat made the paint pop something fierce! I claybarred, cleaned, and waxed the paint and striping, and it looks amazing. I thought it looked good coming out of the dealership, but now, wow. I am damn glad to own this car, and to have something like this as your first new vehicle ever is something else.

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

Welcome aboard CRQ, good luck with the Shelby bud. :happy feet:

I'm not sure if its the largest dealer in N. America, but I have heard through the grapevine that Bockman and our sheriff, Baca, are friends. I think we may buy our Crown Vics from them for our radio cars...if so, then that would explain a lot. Either way, from what I have heard and seen at Galpin, Bockman is a police commissioner, and avid supporter of law enforcement. Nice guy :)

Nice looking ride you have there CRQ.

The Ice is a good product. The only thing I have noticed is that if you don't buff it off real good....the road dust sticks to it on the rockers and behind the rear tires. Buff it off good.

Archived