TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40 years apart

Hello all,

Since I wrote about selling my GT500 to buy my 68 GT390 back I thought I share a cool pic of both cars together for the last time.Here's my 68 GT390 4spd next to my 08 GT500 before it was shipped to her new owner. :( Wish I could keep both cars but in these economic times I need to keep the car that will hold more value while still be able to have tons of fun. I will do all I can to get my hands on another GT500 some day. It is truly an awesome machine.

40 years apart and both are beautiful!

2.jpg

Thanks gor sharing. Great pic! It's unfortunate that you had to choose between the two. I think that you made the right choice though. Chances are that finding a another GT500 in a year or two will be much easier than getting your '68 back.

Thanks gor sharing. Great pic! It's unfortunate that you had to choose between the two. I think that you made the right choice though. Chances are that finding a another GT500 in a year or two will be much easier than getting your '68 back.

Thanks for the kind remarks. Yes, it was tough. Going from an 08 GT500 to a 68 GT390 is a big change in driving experience. Just the shifting comfort is a big eye opener to how far car makers have come these past 40 years or so. I agree that I'll be able to find a nice 08 or 09 GT500 when & if the chance arises. For now, at least I have the pix of the 08 w/ my 68! Here's another below..

Regards, Dave

2stangs.jpg

Very nice !! I'm lucky enough to still have & Drive my first car & bought (70' 428Cj Mach) & was able to purchase an 07' GT-500 last year. Your right about 40 years difference..both have their fun factors..I like the 70' for the brute torque & nasty exhaust note and the 07' for the power on demand & comfort !! Chris

Both cars are very nice, and I hope that one day soon you will be able to have them both again.

California JJZ 109? Boy, there sure are allot of Highland green 68' FB Mustang's with that same plate on them; I know of at least four of them out here in Los Angeles. :hysterical:

JJZ 109; A 1968 Ford Mustang registered to Lt. Frank Bullitt of the S.F.P.D.

I now feel the need to watch Bullitt later today....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKg27i5Y3T4

My favorite moments? The rear view mirror (1:41 into the sequence) and when the Mustang round's the curve much to the chagrin of the driver/hit man (7:17 into the sequence).

Both cars are very nice, and I hope that one day soon you will be able to have them both again.

California JJZ 109? Boy, there sure are allot of Highland green 68' FB Mustang's with that same plate on them; I know of at least four of them out here in Los Angeles. :hysterical:

JJZ 109; A 1968 Ford Mustang registered to Lt. Frank Bullitt of the S.F.P.D.

I now feel the need to watch Bullitt later today....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKg27i5Y3T4

My favorite moments? The rear view mirror (1:41 into the sequence) and when the Mustang round's the curve much to the chagrin of the driver/hit man (7:17 into the sequence).

I had those plates made 5 years ago. Not many were around at that time. My favorite scene is when Bill Hickman buckels his seat belt & shoots across traffic doing a 100 yard burnout. Then McQueen idles thru the intersection between cars & pops the clutch & floors it! How cool is that!

Very nice !! I'm lucky enough to still have & Drive my first car & bought (70' 428Cj Mach) & was able to purchase an 07' GT-500 last year. Your right about 40 years difference..both have their fun factors..I like the 70' for the brute torque & nasty exhaust note and the 07' for the power on demand & comfort !! Chris

1970 mach 1 428 CJ...1st car still in the garage

2007 Shelby GT500...in the garage next to the mach 1

Being able to own BOTH cars...Priceless!

Archived