TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gas Prices

Hello -

I will be able to finally see my shelby in another month. I'm on foreign assignment and she was delivered in March and has been in storage since.

Living in England has been a real SHOCK at the pump. Gas is $8.25 a gallon. No this isn't a typo! They sell it in litres and its 1.10 GBP each. With the exchange rate at about $2 per 1 pound it costs $90 to fill up my little 4 cylinder compact car. Ok the octane rating is 95 (only one they offer). So while my gas mileage will drop in half when I get back the cost of gas is the States is less than half the cost in England.

Moving over 2 years ago the cost of gas was .78 GBP per litre. At 1.10 GBP now that means gas has went up $2.43 in the last 2 years!!!!

When I fill the shelby up $3.75 it will look like a bargain. If they stop the fed gas tax for a period it will look even better.

Hello -

I will be able to finally see my shelby in another month. I'm on foreign assignment and she was delivered in March and has been in storage since.

Living in England has been a real SHOCK at the pump. Gas is $8.25 a gallon. No this isn't a typo! They sell it in litres and its 1.10 GBP each. With the exchange rate at about $2 per 1 pound it costs $90 to fill up my little 4 cylinder compact car. Ok the octane rating is 95 (only one they offer). So while my gas mileage will drop in half when I get back the cost of gas is the States is less than half the cost in England.

Moving over 2 years ago the cost of gas was .78 GBP per litre. At 1.10 GBP now that means gas has went up $2.43 in the last 2 years!!!!

When I fill the shelby up $3.75 it will look like a bargain. If they stop the fed gas tax for a period it will look even better.

I'ts $5.25 per gallon of 91 Octane here in Nova Scotia.

As for the Octane rating, I always thought the rating number (95) is higher in England but it's actually equal to the 91 Octane rating in North America because of the way it is calculated. It has something to do with the ROC number (research Octane number).

Maybe someone could chime in with more insight on this topic.

Welcome back to North America Vistablue.

Are you moving back here in a month ?

That's alot of cash for a gallon of gas.

Side trip to the States and hope to permanently move back sometime later this year. Hopefully not when its cold or the car will be in storage.

Also thanks for the post on the car capsule. Its awesome. I'm really thinking about getting one.

Side trip to the States and hope to permanently move back sometime later this year. Hopefully not when its cold or the car will be in storage.

Also thanks for the post on the car capsule. Its awesome. I'm really thinking about getting one.

The only downside on the car capsule is that some people will call you "Bubble Boy" ! :hysterical:

Hello -

The whole world can blame the liberals and their politics for this B.S. There's plenty of oil around the world for centuries to come. Just have to build the wells to get to it and the refineries to process it. Diesel is the "real" rip off that effects everyone whether you drive a car or not. I worked for Chevron for many years in CA. and I can say from an inside perspective, I knew how it worked back then and it is even worse now. Petroleum is the best resource for fuel yesterday, today and in the future. Mr. Gore and his group of buddies, has sold the world the biggest scam ever in history, but it may take a decade for people to realize it, if they ever wake up. BA, BA, BA, little sheep. :banghead:

Archived