TEAM SHELBY FORUM

OK... I'm installing the active anti-theft map light accent and now my map light won't go out. If anyone out there has a suggestion, I'd be gratefull to hear it. The only thing right now I can think of is disconnect my battery cable. This sux

OK... I'm installing the active anti-theft map light accent and now my map light won't go out. If anyone out there has a suggestion, I'd be gratefull to hear it. The only thing right now I can think of is disconnect my battery cable. This sux

Have you tried pushing the button??? Silly question I know, but that's all I can think of...Door Closed? They have a delay, I know, but still should shut off after 30 seconds or so...

Have you tried pushing the button??? Silly question I know, but that's all I can think of...Door Closed? They have a delay, I know, but still should shut off after 30 seconds or so...

No... I tried everything. The case doesn't "pop" off either. (How do you replace a burnt-out bulb?)

Kinda angers me :banghead:

I'm going to bet that the switch is actually NOT inside the cover it jammed 1/2 way or something and while it looks even and not depressed inside it is. Remove the switch cover from that side and see if the lamp goes out. Otherwise you may have broken the switch in the "depressed" position which would not be good. If you can't get it to turn off pull the fuse.

No... I tried everything. The case doesn't "pop" off either. (How do you replace a burnt-out bulb?)

Kinda angers me :banghead:

Wait...did this kit come with the silver buttons to cover the black ones??? If so, that entire assembly should pull down from the roof, but don't pull too hard as there are wires inside it...it will take some force, but it does just pull down...or so I've been told by someone else here on this forum....

I'm going to bet that the switch is actually NOT inside the cover it jammed 1/2 way or something and while it looks even and not depressed inside it is. Remove the switch cover from that side and see if the lamp goes out. Otherwise you may have broken the switch in the "depressed" position which would not be good. If you can't get it to turn off pull the fuse.

I will try to remove the swirch cover. Both lights are on. I hope I didn't break anything. The little aluminum covers kind of "snap" into place. I may have popped em a little too hard? I pulled the battery cable and when I put it back on, the lights go back on also.

I will try to remove the swirch cover. Both lights are on. I hope I didn't break anything. The little aluminum covers kind of "snap" into place. I may have popped em a little too hard? I pulled the battery cable and when I put it back on, the lights go back on also.

If these caps are metal they may be pushed in such that they complete the circuit too. Sorry I don't have them so I'm really just grasping at straws here.

If these caps are metal they may be pushed in such that they complete the circuit too. Sorry I don't have them so I'm really just grasping at straws here.

This's brutal! :hysterical:

I popped the aluminum covers off. I guess I will bring it to the dealer tomorrow.... Get this, the fuse for the map light is not listed in the owner's manual! It just gets better and better. :banghead:

This's brutal! :hysterical:

I popped the aluminum covers off. I guess I will bring it to the dealer tomorrow.... Get this, the fuse for the map light is not listed in the owner's manual! It just gets better and better. :banghead:

Sorry there Dan, but even if you leave the light on, it should shut itself off after 30 minutes or so....there is a circuit that shuts the lights down in the event the door is left open or something...so they shouldn't run the battery down...

Sorry I couldn't be of more help...

Sorry there Dan, but even if you leave the light on, it should shut itself off after 30 minutes or so....there is a circuit that shuts the lights down in the event the door is left open or something...so they shouldn't run the battery down...

Sorry I couldn't be of more help...

That's OK. I appreciate the ideas. I'll hook back up the battery and recheck in a half hour. Either way, I'll bring it to the dealer to fix it.

Thanks everyone

Dan

That's OK. I appreciate the ideas. I'll hook back up the battery and recheck in a half hour. Either way, I'll bring it to the dealer to fix it.

Thanks everyone

Dan

Dan Did you get this resolved??? I started to ask you last night if you were sure that the dash light dimmer had not been turned up all the way which would keep the map lights on, but I wasn't at my car and wasn't real sure that it even operated that way until this morning when I was heading out of town and tried it myself...

Hope you got it fixed...Let me know...Inquiring minds want to know these things!

Hi Dan

Believe it or not, I did exactly the same thing last night when also fitting the trims to the map light buttons. One of the trims was a little tighter than the other and I guess I just got a little heavy handed with it. :banghead: I found that if you pull the button all the way back out and then push it in again the light will go off. It is like the return spring inside the switch is broken.

I will have to get it fixed but it is fine for now and still actually operational, you just have to pull the button back out after it has been depressed. :fool:

Anyway please let us know ow you get on?

Thanks.

Dan Did you get this resolved??? I started to ask you last night if you were sure that the dash light dimmer had not been turned up all the way which would keep the map lights on, but I wasn't at my car and wasn't real sure that it even operated that way until this morning when I was heading out of town and tried it myself...

Hope you got it fixed...Let me know...Inquiring minds want to know these things!

Well... I feel very stupid! That's exactly what it was. I had turned the headlights on (test area on highway to golf course) and I turned the dimmer too far. Having read your msg, motorjock, I discovered that was it. So, thanks everyone. THis is a great forum where even idiots can co-exist! :hysterical:

Dan

Well... I feel very stupid! That's exactly what it was. I had turned the headlights on (test area on highway to golf course) and I turned the dimmer too far. Having read your msg, motorjock, I discovered that was it. So, thanks everyone. THis is a great forum where even idiots can co-exist! :hysterical:

Dan

In the voice of Homer Simpson:

D'oh! Stupid dimmer switch!

Dan

Don't feel bad Dan...I'm sure you're not the first one this has happened to...and probably won't be the last either!!! LOL Just glad you got it fixed...hopefully it didn't cost you a trip to the dealer!

Glad to be of help, should have just run out to my car and checked it that night, but was just too lazy I guess...Sorry!

Ever thought of using your warranty?

I have to agree with Dan....Great forum with tons of helpful folks here. Hats off to those who help out the lesser knowledge guys and the ones that make simple mistakes!

Dan

I've did the same thing and wondered why the lights wouldn't go out. Then it dawned on me about the dimmer switch.

But then some of us are "dimmer" than others! :hysterical:

I have to agree with Dan....Great forum with tons of helpful folks here. Hats off to those who help out the lesser knowledge guys and the ones that make simple mistakes!

The up side of this, is that one can make such an error and no one will bust his balls over it.

We all screw up, no need to get screwed with after the fact.

Drive on, gents.

The up side of this, is that one can make such an error and no one will bust his balls over it.

We all screw up, no need to get screwed with after the fact.

Drive on, gents.

Hey Guys,

I did this upgrade, the switch gets pushed out of the retaining slot it slides into. Pull the Map light down

and slide the switch back in. You can also now apply pressure to the back of the switch to seat the metal

cap. You would think this part would be in some instructions.

Archived