TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake Octane

Those of you that have received your car, what octane are you running? Does premium satisify the beast? Thanks.

Craig SS108

I think they have to have 91 octane, but the only choice I have is 93. Thats what I have been running and see NO problems with her.

michael morris

• 3 months later...

The farther east you go the higher the octane! :) 91 in the west, 92-93 in the midwest and 93 on the east coast. It's 93 here in MI.

Even though the SS is tuned for 91 octane, those that have 93 octane available should be able to squeak out more HP with their cars if they really wanted to get it tuned specifically to 93 octane.

What state has 93 Octane?

is this something you get at the pump or an addative you guys use.

Just wondering

Here in Illinois & Missouri (Midwest) you can get 93 octane at many gas stations. I live in IL just accross the Mississippi River from Missouri and I use Shell 93 octane gasoline.

I was under the impression that because of EPA clean air regulations that the lower you are in altitude the higher the octane has to be. Here at about a mile high, low grade in 85, mid 87 and high 91. I have been looking in southern Colorado and can't find anything higher than the 91 octane. California on the coast has the low test at 87 octane.

yes here in CA we pay the most for gas and get the worst octane;

I love this state!

They should burn this state and start over. proposition on the november ballot to raise sales tax from 8.25% to 8.75

State inclome tax from 9.5 to 11.5-12.0%

Like the man said "Thank you sir may I have another"

yes here in CA we pay the most for gas and get the worst octane;

I love this state!

They should burn this state and start over. proposition on the november ballot to raise sales tax from 8.25% to 8.75

State inclome tax from 9.5 to 11.5-12.0%

Like the man said "Thank you sir may I have another"

I dont know where you live in Ca. but I have a 76 station in west Los Angeles that sells VP RACEING STREETBLAZE 100 Octane at the pump. It is a great fule designed for modern unleaded turbo and super charged high preformance street cars. I havent been called for my conversion yet, but thats where I fill up and will continue to do so. you can look up all stations online that sell raceing fule. I am just lucky I have one down the street. Cant wate till my car is Super Snaked ! :shift:

Archived