TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Mustang Revealed

Grabber

My June 2008 issue of Car and Driver came yesterday. It has the 2010 Mustang on the front cover and says it's revealed. It looks good. :happy feet:

It says that the same 4.6 motor will be in the 2010 model, and a new 6.2-Liter, SOHC V-8 with upwards of 400 HP will be available on the 2011 models

Exciting times ahead. :)

click to enlarge

th_misc301.jpg

th_misc300.jpg

th_misc299.jpg

Is it just me, does this version of the mustang look more like the GT500. I wonder what kind of spoiler they will put on it?

It does seem to have cues from the GT500 in the grill and headlight pillars.

I wonder what SAI will be doing to the car to make them into the next Shelby Version ?

Is it just me, does this version of the mustang look more like the GT500. I wonder what kind of spoiler they will put on it?

+1 on that - looks a LOT like the GT500 to me. Thats okay with me - I prefer the GT500 front end anyway :)

I wonder what SAI will be doing to the car to make them into the next Shelby Version ?

+1. They will need to find a way to make the next Shelby version distinctive enough. Styling cues that sets it apart from other Mustangs has always been part of the Shelby heritage.

Hi, Rob,

I got my issue of C&D the other day, as well, and that was the first article I flipped to. I have been watching the spy shots of the 2010 Mustang closely, and have a friend within Ford who has filled me in on some info. I have weighed what I'm seeing against keeping my '07 GT, and have decided that I prefer the '05-'09 body style over the '10, so I've committed to modifying the '07 much more than I originally expected.

Just got word that the Vortech supercharger I ordered last week has been shipped. I am hoping to have it installed late next week sometime, or by mid-month at the latest. There's a drag racing event on May 21st at Pacific Raceways I would like to race at if the car is ready for serious action by then, but if not, then your place for the meet & great will be its debut as a transformed machine.

I know Ford needs to update the Mustang periodically to keep sales strong, but I'm not sure about the '10. Of course, I didn't like the 1987 refresh either when it first came out, but went on to buy a new '88 and new '89 5.0L Mustangs! I really had to warm up to that whole Fox body design, but eventually did. The '94 to '98 body style never worked for me, so I have never owned any of those and don't wish to. I really liked the '99-'04 new edge style immediately when it was first released, and bought two of those new ('00 Spring Feature GT and '03 Mach 1), but they are really looking dated to me now. Poor Ford, us Mustang loyal guys are so picky and hard to predict!

Stay strong, stay well,

Brian

My June 2008 issue of Car and Driver came yesterday. It has the 2010 Mustang on the front cover and says it's revealed. It looks good. :happy feet:

It says that the same 4.6 motor will be in the 2010 model, and a new 6.2-Liter, SOHC V-8 with upwards of 400 HP will be available on the 2011 models

click to enlarge

th_misc301.jpg

th_misc300.jpg

th_misc299.jpg

Definitely an evolution of sorts from the GT500 - which is fine. And as appropriate - they didn't totally steal the cobra-look of our fronts - the lower grille fascia is completely different. I do like how they added the hips back in. That was something I always liked in the 65-70 years, especially 67-68. I thought that was something sorely overlooked in the s197 model. It's the only thing missing in my car, but I wouldn't swap the look of our front fascia for anything.

Now that this is officially public - maybe there is no longer any concern over our use of the Ford Proving Grounds for the Dearborn meet?

click to enlarge

th_misc301.jpg

th_misc300.jpg

th_misc299.jpg

Hmmmm, looks an awful lot like the prototype I saw at the 100th anniversary back in 03

post-1973-1209870444.jpg

post-1973-1209870444.jpg

Isn't this just speculation on Car and Driver's part.... I read that it's NOT even a real photograph, and on the right edge of the rendering they credit the source at "Motor Forecast". I can't believe Ford would reveal the car through the magazine first. And if it was a real photo, we would get to see more photos.

I think the jury is still out on what the car is going to end up looking like. And they better paint the darn mirrors this time around. :banghead:

If they paint the mirrors and make them just a tad more aerodynamic, that may make for a good swap assuming they don't rice them too much.

I wonder what the rear end will look like. They borrowed a lot of styling cues from the Guiguardo or whatever it's called

Archived