TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2003/04 Mach1s

08mach1

She looks great!!!

Where you live looks a little like Boulder Ranch in Henderson, NV where our daughter lives (we visit a couple times a year ;-)

Dan

Im actually on the opposite side of Las Vegas (Northwest). If you're ever in town and dont mind a little drive up the highway (20 min) from Henderson, stop by Team Ford and say hello!

Found him on the Mach1registry.com. He bought it for his 40th birthday with the 2004 Mach being the 40th anniversary mustang and he just had it in his garage and hardly drove it. Im not sure what changed in his life, but I offered him very good money for the car and he couldnt say no. So, now its mine! He actually wants a chance to buy it back if I decide to ever sell it.

Nice find. I like the looks of her.

Can you say "avatar change" ? :hysterical2:

Nah!! Ill leave it as the greatest Mustang Ive owned so far.......................that is..............till next year!! Then Ill be changing it for sure!

OK, that's cool.

I want the 2010 Mach 1 :happy feet:

Im actually on the opposite side of Las Vegas (Northwest). If you're ever in town and dont mind a little drive up the highway (20 min) from Henderson, stop by Team Ford and say hello!

Cool... should be out there around SEMA (if daughter hasn't moved east before then).

Do I recall that you also have a KB'd '500 (or did I dream that up)?

Cool... should be out there around SEMA (if daughter hasn't moved east before then).

Do I recall that you also have a KB'd '500 (or did I dream that up)?

Sold the KB GT500 to another member on the forum after I had a small mishap and had to have some parts replaced and repainted. Sold it with the KB for a low low price with 3000 miles on her. I miss the sound of the KB for sure!

Sold the KB GT500 to another member on the forum after I had a small mishap and had to have some parts replaced and repainted. Sold it with the KB for a low low price with 3000 miles on her. I miss the sound of the KB for sure!

Ah, I thought you had that! At least it has a good home now... enjoy the Mach! I'll give ya a yell if I'm out there this fall.

• 6 months later...
2003 Mach 1 owner here. Torch Red, 5 speed, IUP. First day build, 16th production car off the line. I'm also a moderator on the Mach 1 Registry.

Shelby enthusiast...Mustang enthusiast...and d@mn glad to be here.

Hey there,

Welcome to the group. I didnt even realize there was a Mach1 thread here. My wife and I own an '03 Mach1. Belong to the Mach1 Registry also - just dont go there very often for some reason. Mines similar to yours - Torch Red, 5 Speed - picture below. You can find more pictures of it (as well as a car I drive for work events, and our other Mustang - an '02 GT) at http://pnicholson.gotstang.com

DSCN2194.jpg

Welcome to the club :)

Page

Thanks for the kind welcomes. Hope this is as fun as I think it will be. Not being a Shelby owner, I was worried about being an interloper, but so far it seems like a pretty cool place.

I do recognize some of the members (FiveOhB) from the Registry. It's a pretty good place to hang out as well, and I'd be glad to be of help to any Mach owners that might need assistance.

hey all, just wanted to comment on the machs, They are great cars, My dad has one he bought last year for 20K, It only has 4000 miles and is mint, It still has all the plastic attached even the floor boards!! A customer traded it in on an 07 GT500 and he was there and brought it home, Now he wants the side windows louvers for it and MRT is making them, The have the proto types done, I wish they would hurry up!!! I installed rear metal louvers on her, and we are planning on mods shortly, But are limeted because motor and the cast crank, He's in the air of trading it off on the GT500, or spending all the money on building the moter from up. I told him to put a 75p shot of NOS and leave it alone, He's 67 and still a gear head!!! I getting him set up with computer and will soon be member here, I just don't want him to kill or modify to much my next future car, later Mickey 2003 mach one azure blue no mods YET

hey all, just wanted to comment on the machs, They are great cars, My dad has one he bought last year for 20K, It only has 4000 miles and is mint, It still has all the plastic attached even the floor boards!! A customer traded it in on an 07 GT500 and he was there and brought it home, Now he wants the side windows louvers for it and MRT is making them, The have the proto types done, I wish they would hurry up!!! I installed rear metal louvers on her, and we are planning on mods shortly, But are limeted because motor and the cast crank, He's in the air of trading it off on the GT500, or spending all the money on building the moter from up. I told him to put a 75p shot of NOS and leave it alone, He's 67 and still a gear head!!! I getting him set up with computer and will soon be member here, I just don't want him to kill or modify to much my next future car, later Mickey 2003 mach one azure blue no mods YET

Hey there,

Vortech makes a supercharger specifically for the Mach1 (which we sell of course) - pictured below. If you install with the Charge-Cooler boosts the Mach1 HP to roughly 485 and 420 TQ. That coupled with the 3.55 gears that came in the car make it a screamer for sure. When money permits - thats whats going on our Mach1 for sure :)

Page

4FR218-090SQ.jpg

I traded in my 03' White Mach1 in when I ordered & bought the 07' GT-500. I really liked the car but could not afford to have both. The 17 year old kid that bought it from the dealer totaled it about a month later...car was mint with 23,000 on it !! That was a shame !!

I traded in my 03' White Mach1 in when I ordered & bought the 07' GT-500. I really liked the car but could not afford to have both. The 17 year old kid that bought it from the dealer totaled it about a month later...car was mint with 23,000 on it !! That was a shame !!

OUCH!!!! :nonono:

Well at least I hope you are enjoying your New Mustang!! :shift: :happy feet:

• 5 months later...

Thought I'd add a shot of my Mach, as this arena's been a bit too quite of late...

The black car is obviously not my Mach 1, but a car I had a hand in putting together for the 2004 SEMA show. Call the MRT-Interceptor, it was a group effort of a number of Mustang enthusiasts from around the nation working together online to some up with a custom 2005 Mustang, before the first one had ever hit the streets.

post-11909-1213799567.jpg

post-11909-1213799650.jpg

post-11909-1213799567.jpg

post-11909-1213799650.jpg

Thought I'd add a shot of my Mach, as this arena's been a bit too quite of late...

The black car is obviously not my Mach 1, but a car I had a hand in putting together for the 2004 SEMA show. Call the MRT-Interceptor, it was a group effort of a number of Mustang enthusiasts from around the nation working together online to some up with a custom 2005 Mustang, before the first one had ever hit the streets.

And it's got those great retro Interceptor 'flags' on the side too!! :happy feet: ;-)

Btw, welcome to the site!!!

-Dan

That is a beautiful black Mach 1. I've always liked the red on black even back in the '69 Mach 1. Here's a pic of my '04 in all it's stock glory! :)

04Mach1.jpg

And here's a pic of my '70 in all it's modded glory! I've had this car for 18 years now! I plan on keeping the '04 as well. Once I find a vehicle I like, I stick with it. :)

1024768Mach1.jpg

And it's got those great retro Interceptor 'flags' on the side too!! :happy feet: ;-)

Btw, welcome to the site!!!

-Dan

Thanks for the kind welcome.

The retro-flags were a real nod to the past, and when we were at SEMA with the car you could tell the true enthusiasts (at least the ones with a few miles behind them) as they were the ones who noticed them as well. I had an MFP sticker for the other side (from Mad Max), but it didn't get put on the car before the show, so it sits on the shelf still. We didn't want to do the obvious stuff, namely things Ford might actually do later on the SN197 (i.e. Mach, Bullit, Twister, and such), so thinking outside the box was required. It was a group effort, most of my work was online as the car was done in Michigan at MRTs shop, but there were representatives from IMBOC as well as the Mach1Registry and others brought together for a car 'Designed by enthusiasts for enthusiasts'. That's the mantra we went with from day one.

• 11 months later...

Archived