TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2003/04 Mach1s

08mach1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've got an 03' Mach 1 with 22k miles on her. 5spd, IUP, and a few mods. I will be dropping a turbocharger on her this month since I couldn't get a firm commitment on a Shelby. I like the Shelby, but I am very satisfied with my Mach.

Most Mach 1 owners hang out at either the Mach 1 Registry or Mach 1 Org.

Here are the links, though I would like to see more activity here:

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php

http://www.mach1mustang.org/index.php

:rockon: Mustang!

I have a 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1 5-speed with IUP and 27K miles on it. Daily driver and weekend warrior at the local dragstrip. 284 rwhp (rougly 335 hp at the crank). 13.0's in the 1/4 mile at 105+ mph. I enter it in local Mustang shows during the summer, but never win 'cuz I've got rock chips from the daily driving and melted rubber on the rear fenders from heating the drag radials at the track!

post-2549-1145137401_thumb.jpg post-2549-1145137432_thumb.jpg post-2549-1145137471_thumb.jpg

post-2549-1145137401_thumb.jpg

post-2549-1145137432_thumb.jpg

post-2549-1145137471_thumb.jpg

I've got a 2004 competition orange Mach with 980 miles :rolleyes: . I know....DRIVE IT....I have a 2007 alloy GT on the way for that. But, the Mach is awesome. I traded a 2002 GT for it (was last CO 5 speed in Georgia) and have loved every minute of driving it!

• 2 months later...

I have a 2003 Torch Red 5-spd with IUP. I took delivery of the car on December 4th 2002. It has 45,000 daily driven miles on it, and even with the numerous rock chips, turns heads on a daily basis! It's midly modded with things like Visus rear window louvers, AFS all chrome 17x9 inch Mach 1 wheels, Brembo cross-drilled brake rotors with Hawk pads, Cobra Jet shaker emblems, MRT street performance lowering springs, Hurst Billet Plus shifter with competition plus chrome handle and white ball, real functioning Ford Racing hood pins and lanyards, MRT hood lifts, Saleen SC281 stock catted X-pipe, Borla Stinger catback, MPP rear seat delete, Ford Racing chrome coil covers, Speed of Sound dual pod A-pillar guage pod with Autometer Phantom nitrous pressure guage and AEM air/fuel guage, and a Nitrous Express EFI wet kit with 100 shot, and a Predator hand held tuner with custom tune.

post-3447-1150830332_thumb.jpg

post-3447-1150830332_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I never paid much attention to the Machs until I was in the car biz. A customer traded in her (yes, "her") absolutely pristine 03 Mach, black on black. She saved every receipt for all her oil changes, still had the original sticker and manuals. I was not her salesman, but after the deal was done (she bought a new 05 GT) her salesman asked me to take the car over to the used lot. As soon as I sat down and started her up, I fell in love. The view was incredible - that shaker is awsome. The used lot is about 25 yards from the new, but the car mysteriously racked up another 10 miles getting there. I brought it to the used manager and told him I just had to have it - had I been a real customer he could have taken me for every last dime I had - fortunately, I knew better. I'm pretty sure I still paid too much for it, but I drive the hell out of it every day and love every minute of it.

Oh, I just remembered a really cool thing hapened the other day.

I was coming home and as I was stopped at a red light, a white 03/04 Mach pulled up in the left-turn lane, I was in the center lane, and a red 69 Mach pulled up in the lane to my right. What are the odds? About 15 seconds later, the lights turned green, the white Mach turned left, the red one went right, and I went straight ahead. That was my coolest Mach experience.

• 1 month later...

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Apr 15 2006, 02:44 PM) 8205[/snapback]

I have a 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1 5-speed with IUP and 27K miles on it. Daily driver and weekend warrior at the local dragstrip. 284 rwhp (rougly 335 hp at the crank). 13.0's in the 1/4 mile at 105+ mph. I enter it in local Mustang shows during the summer, but never win 'cuz I've got rock chips from the daily driving and melted rubber on the rear fenders from heating the drag radials at the track!

post-2549-1145137401_thumb.jpg post-2549-1145137432_thumb.jpg post-2549-1145137471_thumb.jpg

Surprise, surprise! I won a trophy today with my Mach 1! 3rd place in my class at the 2006 Pacific Cascade Mustang Club's annual Classic Ford Show and Mustang Roundup. There were about 250 cars total in the show. Pantera's, Saleens, Roushes, Mustangs of all vintage, classic Fords, and even a real 1965 AC Cobra (a 1996 continuation car built by Shelby American - #CSX4031).

Normally, my Mach 1 doesn't win at shows 'cuz it's a daily driver and weekend warrior at the drags, but I spent about 10 hours last week polishing the car, waxing and re-waxing, scrubbing & conditioning the leather, cleaning the underhood and behind the wheels, etc. Car almost looks brand new again! Now if I can just keep it looking like this longer than a week!

post-2549-1145137401_thumb.jpg

post-2549-1145137432_thumb.jpg

post-2549-1145137471_thumb.jpg

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Aug 19 2006, 07:58 PM) 36524[/snapback]

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Apr 15 2006, 02:44 PM) 8205[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

canton02.jpg 03_Mach_1_010.jpg 05BCC01.jpg

Surprise, surprise! I won a trophy today with my Mach 1! 3rd place in my class at the 2006 Pacific Cascade Mustang Club's annual Classic Ford Show and Mustang Roundup. There were about 250 cars total in the show. Pantera's, Saleens, Roushes, Mustangs of all vintage, classic Fords, and even a real 1965 AC Cobra (a 1996 continuation car built by Shelby American - #CSX4031).

Normally, my Mach 1 doesn't win at shows 'cuz it's a daily driver and weekend warrior at the drags, but I spent about 10 hours last week polishing the car, waxing and re-waxing, scrubbing & conditioning the leather, cleaning the underhood and behind the wheels, etc. Car almost looks brand new again! Now if I can just keep it looking like this longer than a week!

FiveOh

Nice car I love the colour --Congrat`s on your win .

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Aug 19 2006, 06:58 PM) 36524[/snapback]

Man, I need to figure out how to get my 2 and 4 year old to clean my car that good!

• 3 months later...

Ahh, the irony. I sold my azure blue 03 Mach 1 to a buddy two months ago. His wife already had a competition orange 04 Mach 1, so now they have his & hers Mach 1's.

Time to start modding my new 2007 Mustang GT some more. Maybe some day it'll be as fast as the Mach 1.

• 2 months later...

Last August I went to my local Ford dealership and purchased a 03 torch red mach with 17000 miles on it. As soon as I drove it I knew it was mine. For a over all driving expierence I just could not see how it could be beat. The shaker hood, five speed, retro interior, and sound of the 281 c.i. DOHC engine was all it took. I have rode in, and drove alot of mustangs over the years and this was the closest thing I had been in that brought back the thrills of the late 60's and 70's. It was good to know that a company like ford had not forgotten where their roots are. I liked it so much I just had to have another to put up for shows when I retire. I found what I was looking for last november and purchased a Competition Orange 04 with 2300 miles on it. Im leaving it bone stock, but I am going to drive and play with the 03. Oh did I mention that I have worked for Toyota the last 10 years. Thats right, own 3 Fords, but build Toyotas. They can try to take over the world, but they will never take over this good old "AMERICAN" Muscle Car Heart. I hope enough people feel like I do, so we will see Mustangs and Fords for the next 100 years. Best news of the day, Jack Roush just put 2 Fords on the FRONT ROW at Daytona. What's a Camry???????

• 4 months later...
I just picked up an '04 Torch Red with 905 miles on her! Very fun.....just added Steeda sport springs, 2001 Cobra front bumper, 18" FR500's (black), and a Mac Prochamber with Borla Stinger mufflers.

Wow that is very low miles. We need pic's.

I hope to be back near the end of the 2008 model year with one of Fords latest and greatest. Until then, Ill be driving my slow Mach 1...lol

That's cool. I would still love to see it!

How did you find an 04 with only 900 miles on it ???

Found him on the Mach1registry.com. He bought it for his 40th birthday with the 2004 Mach being the 40th anniversary mustang and he just had it in his garage and hardly drove it. Im not sure what changed in his life, but I offered him very good money for the car and he couldnt say no. So, now its mine! He actually wants a chance to buy it back if I decide to ever sell it.

Archived