TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shift tone

Hey Guys,

I've just recently set the shift point and the tone is set to on but I'm not hearing it. Is it pretty loud? Yes the radio was off but the windows were open the last time I tried it. The SVT logo lights up but I don't hear the tone? My hearing is still pretty good for mid forties, a wife and two screaming kids although sometimes I wish it wasn't. Thanks.

Hey Guys,

I've just recently set the shift point and the tone is set to on but I'm not hearing it. Is it pretty loud? Yes the radio was off but the windows were open the last time I tried it. The SVT logo lights up but I don't hear the tone? My hearing is still pretty good for mid forties, a wife and two screaming kids although sometimes I wish it wasn't. Thanks.

Go back through the menu and try again make sure when the arrow goes to on hit information button.

Roll the windows up, turn off the stereo and listen really, really carefully. You should hear it. It's no way near loud enough. I know mine works; but if I run through the gears, I don't hear it unless I'm specifcally listening for it.

Not to sound like a jerk but do we need to be told when to shift? What are the perks other than a fuel saver or racing reminder?

Bruce

No; but it's a neat toy and since it's there, might as well use it! I don't drag race; but I'm sure the guys that do will say that shifting with a shift light results in much more consistent times than shifting by ear.

There is yellow arrow on the speedo that tells you when to shift although this has nothing to do with high svt shift point . this is to help you get better mileage. If you watch your tach it lights up at around 1,800 rpm The other shift light is for high rpm & it can be audible or a red Svt light or both . The manual tells you step by step in how to set it. Good Luck

There is yellow arrow on the speedo that tells you when to shift although this has nothing to do with high svt shift point . this is to help you get better mileage. If you watch your tach it lights up at around 1,800 rpm The other shift light is for high rpm & it can be audible or a red Svt light or both . The manual tells you step by step in how to set it. Good Luck

Its working and it is low. Gotta keep the windows closed like BCPD199 said and no radio and you can hear it. I set it at 5700. I was used to my 87GT where it would kind of wind out near redline and you could feel where to shift without going over redline. This engine/gear combo seems to pull right through redline so you gotta keep an eye on it. I like the audible cue so I can keep an eye on the road.

Does anyone know an easy way to sync the fuel saver shift light (yellow arrow on left) with the SVT light and tone? Haven't driven manual much and yes, why not use the toys if you have them. Didn't see a sync option in the manual (could have missed it); guess I would have to set it manually?

Does anyone know an easy way to sync the fuel saver shift light (yellow arrow on left) with the SVT light and tone? Haven't driven manual much and yes, why not use the toys if you have them. Didn't see a sync option in the manual (could have missed it); guess I would have to set it manually?

I don't think that's possible without some rewiring. Why would you want to sync them anyway? One is for getting great fuel economy :rolleyes: and the other is for racing.

This engine/gear combo seems to pull right through redline so you gotta keep an eye on it.

You can say that again. I got carried away in 2nd and hit the rev limiter once.

I just set up my shift tone and light. It's pretty much a joke, you can't hear the shift tone and if you look down at the light you might as well just read the tach.

Agreed, but it sure sounded like a good idea.

Archived