TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Decisions Decsions and waiting for answers and casual notes about stuff(I'm not going to get any until next week...just posting)

SPRSNK

I find out next week if I am buying the Shelby Terlingua or getting a nice GT500 Vert. We'll be going with the Black with Red Striping/Interior package if we get the vert. I'm having the interior changed on my Vista Blue Coupe to match the red interior package but in BLUE! Going to be getting rid of the red threading on the shift boot and steering wheel as well. I'm really hoping to be able to pickup a V6 in Vegas at a local dealership and drop it off at SAI while I am there to have it converted to a Terlingua, but I have my doubts on that happening, we'll see next week! I'm also half hoping that I can't, so that I can buy the vert to use as my driver and convert my Super Snake (yea..wait listed) into a serious road racer. I ran the Big Bend Open Road Race last week and fell in love with road racing. Driving past the police with the cruise control set at 135mph while blaring Rob Zombies "Demon Speeding" and waving at the spectators was a thrilling experience!

Michael Morris: If I end up going with the Vert, I'll be contacting you to find one/Order one for me!

I find out next week if I am buying the Shelby Terlingua or getting a nice GT500 Vert. We'll be going with the Black with Red Striping/Interior package if we get the vert. I'm having the interior changed on my Vista Blue Coupe to match the red interior package but in BLUE! Going to be getting rid of the red threading on the shift boot and steering wheel as well. I'm really hoping to be able to pickup a V6 in Vegas at a local dealership and drop it off at SAI while I am there to have it converted to a Terlingua, but I have my doubts on that happening, we'll see next week! I'm also half hoping that I can't, so that I can buy the vert to use as my driver and convert my Super Snake (yea..wait listed) into a serious road racer. I ran the Big Bend Open Road Race last week and fell in love with road racing. Driving past the police with the cruise control set at 135mph while blaring Rob Zombies "Demon Speeding" and waving at the spectators was a thrilling experience!

Michael Morris: If I end up going with the Vert, I'll be contacting you to find one/Order one for me!

Michael is a good choice, and his shipper is a really nice guy too!

Now what is this about a Big Bend road race? I want in!!! We need better communication here so we can have some fun together! My car is dying for a plus 110 drive!!! :happy feet:

Michael is a good choice, and his shipper is a really nice guy too!

Now what is this about a Big Bend road race? I want in!!! We need better communication here so we can have some fun together! My car is dying for a plus 110 drive!!! :happy feet:

Big Bend Open Road Race info:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27627

Dates have already been posted for next year! By far, the Best Western is the best place to stay. We're back in Fort Stockton right now on our way to Vegas and spending the night here. It's a decent hotel and kicks the crap out of La Quinta. It's also the hotel of choice for everyone. I'm going back up to the front desk later and going to try and make reservations for next year. I highly suggest making the reservations as soon as possible since everything fills up around here with 160 cars participating plus family/friends.

As for shipper...I'm picking up my cars from now on. Just bought a Toterhome a few days ago with a double stacker trailer.

Let me know on one or BOTH cars. If you go with the Terlingua I can get one at the local dealer in Vegas and save you some money there too.

Let me know how I can help you

michael morris

Excellent and thanks! I already checked the local inventory there and there are a couple of black V6's in stock. We're on the road now and will be arriving Sunday. I'll be at SAI Monday morning and will know what's going on then.

Excellent and thanks! I already checked the local inventory there and there are a couple of black V6's in stock. We're on the road now and will be arriving Sunday. I'll be at SAI Monday morning and will know what's going on then.

Update time! Looks like we're getting the GT500 Vert. Red with the red interior package. The Terlingua's won't be available until this fall. On the bright side of the Terlingua news: Shelby will be offering the 08 Terlingua package along with a 1967 restored Mustang turned into a Terlingua!

Archived