TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Short Throw Shifter Option on the 40th Pkg

For those of you that opted for this, can you tell me if it is just a shifter that retains the original boot and knob or if it is the hurst with white knob look?

Yep, it is the same old boring knob and boot!

HOWEVER, the catalog that shelby gives you when you pick up your car shows the NEW shifter that shelby is ALLEGEDLY supposed to start selling....IT shows a nice chrome stick like the HURST and a new knob as well.....

We shall see.....

JW

Yep, it is the same old boring knob and boot!

HOWEVER, the catalog that shelby gives you when you pick up your car shows the NEW shifter that shelby is ALLEGEDLY supposed to start selling....IT shows a nice chrome stick like the HURST and a new knob as well.....

We shall see.....

JW

I spoke with Kenny at SPP last week and he confirmed that these will be on sale shortly. I couldn't wait any longer and I got the FRPP. Very Cool!

I spoke with Kenny at SPP last week and he confirmed that these will be on sale shortly. I couldn't wait any longer and I got the FRPP. Very Cool!

I was driving mine with the old boring short throw shifter today, and outside of having to deal with just 605 hp, the stock shift knob, and counter steering to compensate for rear end slide because the tires wouldn't hook up in first or second, I guess it was OK.

Some of us just have to eek by with sub standard power and stock shift knobs (when I grow up I want to be like cobra fan!).

Don you are the Man!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of us just have to eek by with sub standard power and stock shift knobs (when I grow up I want to be like cobra fan!).

Ah, is this the same old boring 40th Vert that is the 1st 605 40th in the world? There ain't no flies on that #2 of 15 car the last time I checked. :-)

I was driving mine with the old boring short throw shifter today, and outside of having to deal with just 605 hp, the stock shift knob, and counter steering to compensate for rear end slide because the tires wouldn't hook up in first or second, I guess it was OK.

Don you are the Man!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL,

Point taken, However, for as long as SAI was planning this, you think they could have started including the new shifter as part of the package........I am wondering if SAI is going to make a change to the 40th and SS mid production and include the new shifter, and leave us with nothing?

Thoughts?

JW

LOL,

Point taken, However, for as long as SAI was planning this, you think they could have started including the new shifter as part of the package........I am wondering if SAI is going to make a change to the 40th and SS mid production and include the new shifter, and leave us with nothing?

Thoughts?

JW

I doubt it. It is an option that cost extra. To include it they would either lose money or need to raise the package cost.

Archived