TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any dealer guys know about this?

I was checking out dealer inventories of GT 500 coupes and found something very interesting. Ford of Kirkland in Washington has a Blue Shelby Coupe, VIN 1ZVHT88S885196019. I pulled up the window sticker and it had some options I've never seen:

3.73 gears

Rear spoiler delete

and.........most interesting, "Shelby GT500KR Package"

Also, there's no gas guzzler tax, and on the sticker at the bottom where it lists fuel mileage there's no milage listed and under vehicle information it says "Not Street Legal"? MSRP is $46,520.

Does anyone know anything about a "Shelby GT 500 package" with 3.73 gears? You can pull up the sticker through the Ford website.....find Washington dealerships and then click on "Kirkland" as the dealership. I figure the dealers can learn more about the car from the VIN.

I was checking out dealer inventories of GT 500 coupes and found something very interesting. Ford of Kirkland in Washington has a Blue Shelby Coupe, VIN 1ZVHT88S885196019. I pulled up the window sticker and it had some options I've never seen:

3.73 gears

Rear spoiler delete

Also, there's no gas guzzler tax, and on the sticker at the bottom where it lists fuel mileage there's no milage listed and under vehicle information it says "Not Street Legal"? MSRP is $46,520.

Does anyone know anything about a "Shelby GT 500 package" with 3.73 gears? You can pull up the sticker through the Ford website.....find Washington dealerships and then click on "Kirkland" as the dealership. I figure the dealers can learn more about the car from the VIN.

Maybe it's a dealer who thinks the KR is like the SS (aftermarket upfit) rather than a turnkey Ford offering :shrug: ...or maybe they know better and are just 'trolling?' The KR has 3:73s, maybe they just left off the $79,999 final MSRP (and $50K ADM :hysterical: ).

3.73 gears

Rear spoiler delete

That is the Ford Factory Window Sticker for the GT500KR. When they eventually get the car it will have another window sticker added from SAI and that window sticker will have the GGT on it.

It will be the same way they did the Shelby GT's. Those had the regular GT Mustang window sticker from Ford in addition to the SAI window sticker which had the GGT on those.

I "assume" the reason for the "Not Street Legal" on those is because the car is not complete yet until after SAI finishes with the conversion of the KR upfit.

I have not seen one prior to being shipped to SAI but I'm guessing they are being shipped with some type of temporary hood cover and wheels since those get put on at SAI.

I can't imagine Ford putting the regular GT500 hoods and wheels on these only to have them removed to replace them with the Alcoa wheels and KR Fiber Carbon Hood.

So maybe that has something to do with why they are labeled "Not Street Legal"

As per How to build a KR...

....When the rather plain looking cars arrive they have a unique Ford window sticker that clearly states, "NOT LEGAL FOR SALE". The cars can only be sold once they are finished out by Shelby Automobiles, are programmed with the special GT-500KR calibration, and have the Shelby Automobiles Window sticker installed......

cov-08spt11.jpg

Looks like the hood and wheels are in place...maybe that explains the high prices :hysterical:

cov-08spt12.jpg

Archived