TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rate your Dealer

carnut

This one ought to really get you fired up :extinguish:

Rate the dealer you are dealing or dealt with on your new Shelby. The system is 1 to 10. 10 is the highest unlike some of you guys who think "You number one, GI" is the best. Well, maybe it was the best.

There has been a lot of criticism for many of them, but I think there are some good ones too. Maybe I am the only one who has had a good experience. Maybe when it comes to future purchase, we would know who to go to and who not to.

I will start it off with Sanderson Ford, Arizona. Gets a 10 for honesty, integrity and delivery of everything they said they would. :roses: And no I am not a schill or an employee, I just was treated really well.

Rate the dealer you are dealing or dealt with on your new Shelby. The system is 1 to 10. 10 is the highest unlike some of you guys who think "You number one, GI" is the best. Well, maybe it was the best.

Too early to tell on mine...and I won't post their name until I take delivery. But later I will join in the fun.

Dave

There has been a lot of criticism for many of them, but I think there are some good ones too. Maybe I am the only one who has had a good experience. Maybe when it comes to future purchase, we would know who to go to and who not to.

I will start it off with Sanderson Ford, Arizona. Gets a 10 for honesty, integrity and delivery of everything they said they would. :roses: And no I am not a schill or an employee, I just was treated really well.

Quality Ford, Princeton KY gets a 10. Outstanding people to deal with. Everyone there made this process an event for me. If my next car is a Ford, I'll do the 500 miles just to let them have my business again.

:shift:

bj

So far, mine is a 10, but I will hold final rating once delivery occurs.

Boston area dealer. Took my deposit last Sept, delivered on promised pricing (yes ADM but reasonable), placed my exact order and gave me DORA on June 1st. Called to tell me my order is next to be pulled :cheerleader:

Straight & professional; and absolutely shocking given the horror stories. It should be noted that I am a nobody too.

My grandmother told me if I don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

That being said my best experience with many dealers has been the ones that are up front and honest with me about numbers, but I am one of the few that has no issue with them selling cars over MSRP if they can get it....I just have an issue with paying over MSRP so i have to wait.

Quality Ford, Princeton KY gets a 10. Outstanding people to deal with. Everyone there made this process an event for me. If my next car is a Ford, I'll do the 500 miles just to let them have my business again.

:shift:

bj

hey bj fellow kentuckian here, where is princeton ky and can you reccommend a good salesman? i will be looking for a mustang gt later in the fall and want to start soon.

i'm in northern ky close to cincy and still have yet to find a dealer that has a clue about anything . any imput would be helpful. send me a pm if you would like .

thanks !

phil C.

Carnut - great idea for a thread!

When i'm finished with the process - most likely a long time from now - I'll post.

And, as several women have told me - I'm a nobody too!

Here's my latest reward for asking about an MSRP 2007:

I'm Sorry we have all ready sold our only allocation for the GT500 for $50,000. You will be hard pressed to find a dealer willing to sell one at MSRP considering Dealers are buying the allocations for over MSRP. You may be able to get a 2008 or 2009 for MSRP but not a 2007

Mark McCrocklin

Sales Manager

McCrocklin Ford & Mobility

800-354-2261

765-354-2261

mark@mccrocklinford.com

www.mccrocklinford.com

I found it interesting - If Dealers are buying these things for over MSRP just to sell them at more over MSRP that would be really funny if they were the only ones buying - I'm it's not the case but at least it makes me feel better.

OK.......Don Reid Ford in Maitland, Florida. Mark Jackson is the man to see. EXCELLENT throughout the entire process!! 10+ I was kept informed through the entire process, paid only $1,000 over invoice (Powerlease Holder) and was treated as well as if I had paid way over sticker. Not only an excellent dealership, but excellent people!

A big 10 for Darrel Owens at Riverview Ford in Columbia, IL

Gave me a MSRP deal. I haven't recieved the car yet but have a vin. and a build date and a new sihned purchase order with the new dealer thanks to Mr. Owens.

Ford has bought him out due to geographical area. Riverview Ford came up on the closure list due to having new dealers 7 miles north, south, east, and west of them.

There was a mix up at first with the other dealer that was suppose to accept delivery, but all cleared up thanks to Mr. owens.

Mr. Owens kept his word and sold me the car at MSRP after being offered thousands over MSRP.

It is a shame his store was closed. A true honest dealership.

hey bj fellow kentuckian here, where is princeton ky and can you reccommend a good salesman? i will be looking for a mustang gt later in the fall and want to start soon.

i'm in northern ky close to cincy and still have yet to find a dealer that has a clue about anything . any imput would be helpful. send me a pm if you would like .

thanks !

phil C.

Phil,

That's the thing...I'm not in KY, but this guy and his owner were awesome. Princeton is 50 miles east of Paducah. A couple of hours from you. The sales managers name is Todd. Call him and tell him BJ recommended them.

bj

Don't get me started about dealers around here (Michigan), could get ugly...... :censored::poke::banghead::doh:

Hey, Yamahar: Where in Michigan are you? I'm in North Muskegon on the west side of the state, and I'm buying from a dealer in GR.

I'll post my experience in this thread when it's all a done deal. Car should be here any day now - released from the plant on 8/10. I just hope they don't have to put me in a phenobarbital coma until then to keep me from eating my heart out. I hate waiting! :wacko:

I give my dealer a 10+. Harris Ford in Newport, Arkansas. The owner of this small town dealer (Benjy Harris) was straight forward, did not mind me bugging him and was not out of his mind on ADM in the middle of the $30K hype. I paid $10K over but bought another vehicle (F350 4X4 Lariat CC) from him at $5000 below invoice with rebates he brought to my attention. It was a dealer transfer where he did not make a dime even holdback. Before the flames start, I am driving the GT500 now, did not have my arm twisted, and offered $10K over to get one before the crap dealer in my hometown got one. I clearly see why he is one of only 3 President's Award winners in the whole state. I highly reccomend anyone in Arkansas giving him your business. Great family business with loads of integrity!

Ok the local one Midwest Ford Lincon-Mercury I would give them a -10. In Kansas a hand shake or verbal conversation is still a deal. "First one in after priceing is anounced, with a depoist and agree to pay 5k over gets it." MULE MUFFINS the price was announced went in with check for deposit then the price was 25K over. They called me yesterday said the car on E-Bay did not sell and that first one with 20K over gets it. I said I would pay MSRP and that was it.

When I get my car (08 damm) They will not service it.

The dealer in MI who has my deposit ++++10 Roy O'Brien open, honest, and very helpful. Should I change my mind and go the way as RUF with the GT or Shelby GT. I am still driving the 500+ miles to do biz with them.

Thanks for letting me vent.

MCLE

My grandmother told me if I don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

That being said my best experience with many dealers has been the ones that are up front and honest with me about numbers, but I am one of the few that has no issue with them selling cars over MSRP if they can get it....I just have an issue with paying over MSRP so i have to wait.

+1 iceman :yup:

Archived