TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TERLINGUA: Save the Date!

Staff

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will post info as it comes to me I will let you know. I promise you will have more time than the Birthday bash.

The entire weekend will be included in the cost. I can tell you now that the dates are 2-5th. The banner is just a hold the date info. It is just so that people can hold the date and get excited about it.

I will try to find out for sure what the hotel is and let you know.

I am hoping to now more in the next week or two.

I will have more details as they come to me.

Sorry I know that this is not what you want but I will try.

Sharon

Happy Mothers Day

Will there be camping at the track?

DJ

I will post info as it comes to me I will let you know. I promise you will have more time than the Birthday bash.

The entire weekend will be included in the cost. I can tell you now that the dates are 2-5th. The banner is just a hold the date info. It is just so that people can hold the date and get excited about it.

I will try to find out for sure what the hotel is and let you know.

I am hoping to now more in the next week or two.

I will have more details as they come to me.

Sorry I know that this is not what you want but I will try.

Sharon

Sharon,

Here is my concern about how this is playing out. You state that the announcement is to "get [people] excited" and for us to "save the date". But what that means for some of us is that we have altered our family vacation plans, canceled one trip in favor of this one and "gambled" financial resources on the hopes that, when the "package" is officially announced, we will be sitting at our computers ready to be the lucky few to reserve our spot at the "party".

If this is to be limited to .....say....100 people and Team Shelby currently has over 2000 members, HOW MUCH excitement really NEEDS to be generated?!

What happens to me when, on the day ticket sales are announced, I have back-to-back-to-back client meetings and job-site visits; only to get home and find out that ALL of the available tickets have already been sold?

The first day you posted the banner I changed our family's travel plans and made reservations at a hotel nearby. Will I be so lucky to catch the ticket announcement that soon?

Maybe tickets should be made available based on our Team Shelby member numbers.......Or maybe you could start taking names for reservations NOW and when the package is complete you start with that list for "paid" or "confirmed" attendees...................

How many "gate crashers" do you want at this event? I'll be one if the tickets are gone before I get one......... I'ld rather have other members mad at me than to tell my wife "well, we didn't get a tickets in time...so our other trip was cancelled for nothing."

edit: spelling

[ ... ]

Maybe tickets should be made available based on our Team Shelby member numbers.......Or maybe you could start taking names for reservations NOW and when the package is complete you start with that list for "paid" or "confirmed" attendees...................

[ ... ]

I'm going for Terlingua Racing Team membership date: mine began in 1966. That get me a good place in line?

:dance:

2099115290_54c138a97d.jpg

Resp'y

Sharon,

Here is my concern about how this is playing out. You state that the announcement is to "get [people] excited" and for us to "save the date". But what that means for some of us is that we have altered our family vacation plans, canceled one trip in favor of this one and "gambled" financial resources on the hopes that, when the "package" is officially announced, we will be sitting at our computers ready to be the lucky few to reserve our spot at the "party".

If this is to be limited to .....say....100 people and Team Shelby currently has over 2000 members, HOW MUCH excitement really NEEDS to be generated?!

What happens to me when, on the day ticket sales are announced, I have back-to-back-to-back client meetings and job-site visits; only to get home and find out that ALL of the available tickets have already been sold?

The first day you posted the banner I changed our family's travel plans and made reservations at a hotel nearby. Will I be so lucky to catch the ticket announcement that soon?

How many "gate crashers" do you want at this event? I'll be one if the tickets are gone before I get one......... I'ld rather have other members mad at me than to tell my wife "well, we didn't get a tickets in time...so our other trip was cancelled for nothing."

I think Sprint200 summed it up pretty well. The lodging in the area is VERY limited and many other plans and resources needed to be commited to 'save the date' Therefore I'll hold my reservation in Lajitas as my backup plan. I plan to buy a ticket to this event when available but if, due to less than favorable to me timing, the tickets dissappear before I get a chance to buy in, I'll be there anyway and participate as best I am able. With the very limited number of tickets, this needs to be handled carefully and not just posted on the net without notice and let it fill in first come first taken.

I think Sprint200 summed it up pretty well. The lodging in the area is VERY limited and many other plans and resources needed to be commited to 'save the date' Therefore I'll hold my reservation in Lajitas as my backup plan. I plan to buy a ticket to this event when available but if, due to less than favorable to me timing, the tickets dissappear before I get a chance to buy in, I'll be there anyway and participate as best I am able. With the very limited number of tickets, this needs to be handled carefully and not just posted on the net without notice and let it fill in first come first taken.

Just start on page one on this link!!!!!! and I dont have a problem, Ken

Guess I won't be able to make it. Hawaii is too far...

Well , maybe I will... could maybe rent a GT-H ???

Would hate to pull up in a stylin rental-like a FLEET FOCUS?

We will announce the date and time tickets will go on sale well in advance so that it will not be a surprise to anyone.

Robert - Any idea when this announcement will be? I had cancelled my plans/reservations for Tulsa as no one wanted to come with and this opened up the possibilities for Terlingua, so I would really hate to miss out. I appreciate the advance notice as some places the Army sends me do not have internet access.

Greg

Robert - Any idea when this announcement will be? I had cancelled my plans/reservations for Tulsa as no one wanted to come with and this opened up the possibilities for Terlingua, so I would really hate to miss out. I appreciate the advance notice as some places the Army sends me do not have internet access.

Greg

Should be soon as soon as we know anything final we will let you know.

Sharon

Sharon / Robert

Any idea when the details for the Terlingua event will be announced? I am leaving on a temporary duty trip at the end of the month and I will be gone for about two weeks. I don't know if I will have internet access where I am headed and I don't want to miss out on the tickets.

I just need to know if I need to tell the wife monitor the board for the announcement or not while I am gone.

Greg

looks like i might have to go to this, being the closest event to where I live, and probably the only time i would have the chance to meet Mr. Shelby. Being a little over 600 miles one way (Houston), should I drive my SGT to the event?

looks like i might have to go to this, being the closest event to where I live, and probably the only time i would have the chance to meet Mr. Shelby. Being a little over 600 miles one way (Houston), should I drive my SGT to the event?

I'm towing mine down from Austin. I never want to be in the situation where I blow my engine at an event and have to figure out how to tow it home.

I'm towing mine down from Austin. I never want to be in the situation where I blow my engine at an event and have to figure out how to tow it home.

i don't have the luxury of hauling mine. its either drive the SGT or my "danger ranger"

i don't have the luxury of hauling mine. its either drive the SGT or my "danger ranger"

Guys, we are finalizing the contract right now, I am assured by the bullrun guys that it will be this week. We will post immediately

Amy

Guys, we are finalizing the contract right now, I am assured by the bullrun guys that it will be this week. We will post immediately

Amy

Amy,

Quick question for ya - if I win the Win A Shelby raffle in September, can I take delivery of the car there at Terlingua? :shift:

Matt

Amy,

Quick question for ya - if I win the Win A Shelby raffle in September, can I take delivery of the car there at Terlingua? :shift:

Matt

Hm. I was going to ask that same question, only " - when I ... "

Hm. I was going to ask that same question, only " - when I ... "

That, sir, I find hard to believe. When I purchased my tickets I specifically requested a winning one, so one of us has been grossly misinformed as to the out come of the drawing. :)

That, sir, I find hard to believe. When I purchased my tickets I specifically requested a winning one, so one of us has been grossly misinformed as to the out come of the drawing. :)

Well, I'm pretty certain mine is the good one: it has my name printed right on it! Plus which, the digits in the number add up to my astrological magic number ...

Well, I'm pretty certain mine is the good one: it has my name printed right on it! Plus which, the digits in the number add up to my astrological magic number ...

Damn, I can't argue with logic like that! [sound of tickets being torn into pieces and tossed in the air] I'm going to have to have a rather stern talk with the guy on the street corner that I bought mine from!

Matt

Hi y'all. I just stumbled upon this site while surfing about info on the Terlingua Mustang. There were a couple of guys here in Terlingua this week from Road & Track driving one for an upcoming article.

There has been a lot of speculation about hotels in the area, and I'll offer what I know as well as my own biased opinions. Terlingua proper is what we call the ghost town. It has one motel, a B&B, three bar/ restaurants, one non-bar restaurant, a gift store, and a letterpress print shop. The town of Study Butte is 5 miles away. Study Butte has two more motels, a bar/restaurant, a couple more restaurants, two small grocery stores, etc. The two towns together are generally referred to as Terlingua. There are several river outfitters here, as river rafting is one of the big tourist draws. Big Bend National Park and Big Bend Ranch State Park are nearby. The Lajitas resort is 12 miles west of the ghost town. There is no drag strip or track here.

Motels:

Big Bend Motor Inn, Study Butte 432-371-2218 motel, restaurant, store, golf, RV park

El Dorado Hotel, Terlingua 432-371-2111 motel, bar & restaurant

Chisos Mining Co. Motel, Study Butte 432-371-2254 motel

Wildhorse Station 432-371-2526 cabin rentals (actually mobile homes) 5 miles north of Study Butte

Terlingua Ranch Lodge 432-371-2416 cabin rentals, restaurant. 16 miles north of Study Butte, then 16 miles on the Terlingua Ranch road which is all paved except for the last three miles

La Posada Milagro 432-371-3044 B&B

Lajitas Resort 432-424-5000 motel, restaurant, bar, spa, golf way overpriced and way pretentious

I've never stayed at any of these motels. They are all overpriced in my opinion, but anything over $40 is overpriced as far as I'm concerned. As far as I know all are under $100 at this time, except for Lajitas. They are all accessible by paved road, and all have gravel parking lots.

Alpine is 80 miles north. It is a bigger town, having grocery stores, more motels, etc. My favoriite motel there is the Antelope Lodge 432-837-2451. The rooms are little duplex cabins with kitchenettes. $35/night with my local discount. I think the regular rate is around $40. There are several other motels, too.

The temp here yesterday afternoon was 109. It might be cooler in October.

Hope this helps. See ya'll at the event. I'll be snooping around looking at the machinery.

Hi y'all. I just stumbled upon this site while surfing about info on the Terlingua Mustang. There were a couple of guys here in Terlingua this week from Road & Track driving one for an upcoming article.

There has been a lot of speculation about hotels in the area, and I'll offer what I know as well as my own biased opinions.

[ ... ]

Hope this helps. See ya'll at the event. I'll be snooping around looking at the machinery.

Thank you! Very useful, and very generous of you.

I guess we'll recognize you by your dessicated appearance?

Thanks again,

There is no drag strip or track here.

Well, that is not encouraging. Having said that, what are the odds that Mr. Shelby can gain possession of the public roads (with complete LE knowledge and consent) to allow for the racing we are hoping to do? Or will we be in El Paso or San Antonio and told to pretend it is Terlingua? Jim

Archived