TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TERLINGUA: Save the Date!

Staff

If you thought Carroll Shelby's 85th birthday bash was incredible, then we've got something awesome in store for Team Shelby members. The same people who brought you the birthday bash will be holding an exclusive Shelby Terlingua event.

Terlingua 2008 will be a Carroll Shelby style party that will feature road racing, drag racing, to be announced special events and yes, even Carroll Shelby. :drop:

PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION ON TERLINGUA 2008.

LAST UPDATED 12 June. 10:36pm, est.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

October, 2008, Terlingua, TX. Shortly after the BBQ and Chili cookoff has ended.....

:hysterical::hysterical:

I just read this announcement to my wife and she said "cool. it's back out here."

We're currently in Fort Stockton. Now to see if I can get myself a Shelby Terlingua before this event!

Can I bring my tent?

Do I have to make the chili there or can I cook it before and bring it with me?

I can only make my private version of the Roto Rooter chili under carefully controlled environments. Only gas stoves, not electric. And gas camp stoves do not cook slow enough. It has to cook for 5-6 hours on very low heat.

Plus, I'm not sure I could get all of the raw material stuff in the teeny trunk of the GT.

The time is right though. The Hatches will be coming in or almost done. Colorado, Texas, Vegas, Colorado. Might work. Noodling.

Sounds like a blast but (again) to far away for me...whine, whine, whine...I will just lay back and dream of Tasca or Lime Rock event....

What are the hotels like down there? I looked at a map and it looks like Alpine about 80 miles away has some decent accomodations.

The only place We've stayed is the Chisos Mountain Lodge in the Big Bend National Park and we enjoyed it a lot.

There are a few very nice B&B's but most involve gravel roads....... :banghead: So I've already made my reservations at the Chisos! :banvictory:

Remember this is what astronomers call the "darkest sky on the North American continent" and there's a few things that go along with that; No TV, no phones in the rooms, very littlte cell phone coverage........................and a sky so dark you can see the planetary dust ring!

Oh yeah and there'll be lots of Shelby's there, including the original.....Happy 85th........again........ :superhero:

edit: I say "only place".....we have stayed in an historic hotel in Alpine and one in Fort Davis that used to be the home for professors from Harvard when they were assisting UT with the McDonald Observatory. But I think those are a fair distance to drive every day depending on the line up of activities........?

Say how about a cruise to the observatory...........?

I could almost promise it.

I was "expecting" there would be something to do with CHILI... However, if you want a Pancake Breakfast or two, please let me know... I'm sure we could work "something" out :happy feet:

And if you want other options (Biscuits & Gravy, French Toast, Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Hash Browns, OJ & Coffee, etc) or several meals, we can do that too...

And if that's not enough, what about lunch/dinner options (Burgers, Brats, Hot Dogs with all the fixin's)...

But seriously, just let me know so that I can make the initial arrangements for my "work" schedule... THANKS!

Gregg

07SGT0547

Sounds like a blast but (again) to far away for me...whine, whine, whine...I will just lay back and dream of Tasca or Lime Rock event....

What about coming without your car? Maybe team up with someone who is bringing one, like Michael and Tony did at the Las Vegas B-Day Bash. Jim

Right on!

BRING THE PANCAKE WAGON :dance:

I can do that...

post-8727-1209316401_thumb.jpg

post-8727-1209316353_thumb.jpg

post-8727-1209316322_thumb.jpg

This was in KEY WEST last November... And YES! We are going back again this year, too :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Drive Safe!

07SGT0547

post-8727-1209316322_thumb.jpg

post-8727-1209316353_thumb.jpg

post-8727-1209316401_thumb.jpg

Archived