TEAM SHELBY FORUM

who is our Status Code expert??????

burnedgt500

Ford C/S just told me that the status code my Shelby is at is "REL-FR-PLT"

I asked him what does that mean and he put me on hold for a minute to find out and then come back to tell me it means." Foreign Plant has released for Imported Vehicle".

I asked what the Hell does that mean and he said he could not tell me he did not know.

PLEASE HELP I know there is someone here on this board that knows.

The car says it due to the dealer tomorrow. 8-24-06 :shrug::rockon::rockon::shrug:

I asked him what does that mean and he put me on hold for a minute to find out and then come back to tell me it means." Foreign Plant has released for Imported Vehicle".

I asked what the Hell does that mean and he said he could not tell me he did not know.

The car says it due to the dealer tomorrow. 8-24-06 :shrug::rockon::rockon::shrug:

This is covered somewhere else I suffer from CRS, so I don't know where... anyway it's

released from plant

T

There are two different things. Released From Plant is exactly that....and it would be Released to Shipper (or the like) but you'll probably never see this one.

I'll betcha a Big Mac that your car is a coupe with "over the top" stripes. Here's why......."Foreign Plant has Released Imported Vehicle" means that the place where they stripe them (Mazda North America Operations, just down the road from AAI, where they built your car) is done with your car and they have released it to go back to AAI for inspection and shipping.

:shift:

bj

Thanks guys I knew someone here would know. Now I just wish I could find out when it will be here. I know the ETA does not really mean a thing. From everything I have read on this forum it about 2 weeks after the ETA week. S I really wasn't expecting it.but I sure do WANT MY DAMN CAR!!!!!

ME TOO !!! :shift::shift:

T

I think until you have a railcar number, don't hold your breath. There have numerous posts on this but a rail car number would be something like EXXA-14145. Once you have that then it should be close to ETA

Anyway, that was my experience

Thanks for the correction...

That makes sense...

T

I have a quick ? so now that I am bucked, with an estimated end production date of 28Aug, and an ETA of 5Sept. or 12Sept. does that sound like a feasible time frame??

Thanks,

T

On a Shelby? No. On any other 2007 Mustang, maybe. If it's a Shelby 'vert or a coupe with stripe delete, maybe. Normally 10-14 days for shipping regardless of method.

bj

I think until you have a railcar number, don't hold your breath. There have numerous posts on this but a rail car number would be something like EXXA-14145. Once you have that then it should be close to ETA

Anyway, that was my experience

That obviously only applies to cars being shipped by rail. Mine was trucked the entire way. 2 days from Flat Rock to Princeton, KY. C/S status never changed from Rel From Plant. Never showed a shipping status.

bj

From looking at previous posts and from experience with my own car count on 2-3 weeks from your initial expected date to the dealer. Released from plant means exactly what was posted above. It's on its way for striping. You will probably get your car the first or second week on Sept. Hang in there!

My car has been REL-FR-PLT(released from plant) For 3 days now and has not changed in status .

I am going to CRACK UP. I WANT MY DAMN CAR !!!!!!! :rant::rant: :wacko: :wacko: :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Most likely you will not see a change for two weeks. Expect 30 days from build until you receive it

i heard in your area they are going to ship them with snow tires with top speed of 107mph after August 24th

yours is most likely one of those cars

Most likely you will not see a change for two weeks. Expect 30 days from build until you receive it

i heard in your area they are going to ship them with snow tires with top speed of 107mph after August 24th

Some places they are installing the snow plow option :poke:

God I hope not! It should had been here yesterday and if I don't get it soon I am going to try and go get it. It would be a lot of fun driving the senic route from Michagan to Atlanta Georgia Has anyone heard if you can go pick one up at the plant?

yesterday I was bucked, today REL FR PLT, so who knows I could be driving in another month?? :hysterical:

T

Gee, ya kinda missed that whole "produced" thing. Taking a shortcut, huh?

bj

Well, I just called my dealer (again), and he says he thinks my Shelby is "in transit". I just called Ford Customer Service (again), and the status changed sometime over the last two days to Released from Foreign Plant. It was built on 8/4, Released from Plant on 8/10, and had a delivery date of 8/17. Maybe next week will be my week. :cry:

Archived