TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Removal of dash board

I would like to remove the dash board part to send it in to have it autographed by Mr.Shelby- Any word on how to do this safely without deploying it or damaging it? or maybe I should just buy a plaque and place it on the dashboard-that might just look tachy though.

I would like to remove the dash board part to send it in to have it autographed by Mr.Shelby- Any word on how to do this safely without deploying it or damaging it? or maybe I should just buy a plaque and place it on the dashboard-that might just look tachy though.

Welcome to Team Shelby FordRocks1

I'm not sure if by dash you mean the airbag cover that a lot of us have autographed by Carroll but if so heres some help in removing the airbag cover:

Airbag Cover Tips

Steve

I think this is old news but an airbag cover is now available as a separate part.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=466576

Thanks for the info-however,I think that I am just going to buy that piece and send it off because i do not want to mess something up knowing my luck. I wonder what piece number is the board-

Welcome to Team Shelby FordRocks1

I'm not sure if by dash you mean the airbag cover that a lot of us have autographed by Carroll but if so heres some help in removing the airbag cover:

Airbag Cover Tips

Steve

Thanks for the info-however,I think that I am just going to buy that piece and send it off because i do not want to mess something up knowing my luck. I wonder what piece number is the board-

You still have to follow all of those instructions to remove the old one and replace it with the new one. The only difference is you won't have a hole in your dash for a couple of weeks.

You could also have your dealer R&R it for you.

I bought an extra one to be sent off and signed. I'll sell you my extra one if you have the ribbed aluminum dash cover. PM me interested.

Archived