TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Have I been promoted maybe?

07 GT500

Congrats to both of you. It's good to see some folks being lifted out of Material Hold Hell.

07 GT500: Yes, serialized is a good sign. That is the step where a VIN is assigned. Call your dealer. He should be able to give you your VIN. Since you have a build date, it seems you jumped all the way to step 4.

10 Steps:

1-Receipt Date-The date that MS&S (Marketing Sales and Service) recorded the order.

2-Serialize Date-The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L (Material Planning and Logistics) and the VIN is created.You have to get the VIN from your dealer.

3-Segment Date-The date that MP&L determines which week the order will be built.

4-Sequence Date-The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built.

5-Blend Date-The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day.

6-Produced Date- The date that VO (Vehicle Operations) finished assembling the vehicle.

7-Gate Release Date-The day that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping.

8-Ship Date-The date the vehicle left the Assembly Plant.

9-Arrival Date-The date the dealership received the vehicle.

10-Sold Date-The Date the customer buys the vehicle.

Congrats to both of you. It's good to see some folks being lifted out of Material Hold Hell.

07 GT500: Yes, serialized is a good sign. That is the step where a VIN is assigned. Call your dealer. He should be able to give you your VIN. Since you have a build date, it seems you jumped all the way to step 4.

10 Steps:

1-Receipt Date-The date that MS&S (Marketing Sales and Service) recorded the order.

2-Serialize Date-The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L (Material Planning and Logistics) and the VIN is created.You have to get the VIN from your dealer.

3-Segment Date-The date that MP&L determines which week the order will be built.

4-Sequence Date-The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built.

5-Blend Date-The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day.

6-Produced Date- The date that VO (Vehicle Operations) finished assembling the vehicle.

7-Gate Release Date-The day that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping.

8-Ship Date-The date the vehicle left the Assembly Plant.

9-Arrival Date-The date the dealership received the vehicle.

10-Sold Date-The Date the customer buys the vehicle.

Thanks!!

I received a call this morning also from my dealer. Car #1 (the convertible) is being scheduled for build, will have the VIN by Friday! :happy feet: :bandance:

:shift: <--- soon, I hope...

Mike.

OK---Phantomace and 07 GT500 ----

are either one of you ordered from a NON PA or NON SVT Dealer?????

Are we to the JUST certified dealers yet???

Thank you!!!

Judy

PhantomAce and 07 GT500, one more question from someone in the material hold abyss- were your cars ordered with the Shaker 1000?

Thanks,

Marc

Mine is a PA dealer, and mine was ordered with the Shaker 1000

I do have a VIN now , with a build date of either 9/9 or 9/11

Ford told me 9/11, and the GSM at the dealership told me today it was 9/9, so who knows. I do know that 9/9 is on a Saturday, and for all I know, they don't work Saturdays.

My car being built on 9/11 is scary too, maybe it won't blow up! :wacko:

PhantomAce and 07 GT500, one more question from someone in the material hold abyss- were your cars ordered with the Shaker 1000?

Thanks,

Marc

Nope, I originally ordered both cars with the Premium Interior, but only the Shaker 500 w/Sirius Satellite.

Then, after I SAW that Sirius antenna turd on the trunk of one, I had the orders for both changed to drop the Sirius.

So, only option on both is the premium interior.

More trunk space and less weight.

Mike.

Then, after I SAW that Sirius antenna turd on the trunk of one, I had the orders for both changed to drop the Sirius.

So, only option on both is the premium interior.

More trunk space and less weight.

Mike.

I don't mind the smaller trunk space, but I agree with you Mike about the fugly Sirius antenna. Secondarily, I would not use it that much anyway, as I don't plan on taking long road trips in this car.

When I first ordered this car, I ordered the Shaker 500, but was told that it'd take longer to get the car than if we ordered the 1000, so I had the order changed. This was the end of last March, so I'll never know if that is the truth or not, but it doesn't matter now. I just want to get the car here in my garage, like a bunch of the rest of you.

Chris

I don't mind the smaller trunk space, but I agree with you Mike about the fugly Sirius antenna. Secondarily, I would not use it that much anyway, as I don't plan on taking long road trips in this car.

When I first ordered this car, I ordered the Shaker 500, but was told that it'd take longer to get the car than if we ordered the 1000, so I had the order changed. This was the end of last March, so I'll never know if that is the truth or not, but it doesn't matter now. I just want to get the car here in my garage, like a bunch of the rest of you.

Chris

Is that thing ugly or what?...

I need the trunk space, golf clubs and possible room for an occasional sample to take to a client, so I opted out on the 1000.

Besides, I was in the Auto Stereo business in a previous life. If I wanted a "Thumper" system, I can do a whole lot better than the 1000 on one side of the trunk.

Personally, I'm a lot older now, don't need the stereo that loud anymore, and am trying to be a bit more practical.

Now...

Where the HELL are my cars Ford?!!!! :rant:

Archived