TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Methanol Injection...

What do y'all think about Methanol Injection? Is it for real, or, just another "Snow" job?

Don't know that much about them, it's quite a simple system and it runs off windshield wiper fluid. It lowers temps dramatically, actually its a cheap insurance policy. You can up your boost on the SC cars and still run lower temps according to what I've read. Louie is running it on his GT/SC with a Paxton. Maybe we can get his opinion on it. Here's a link for some info. The system seems almost too simple.

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com/a43...ticle_info.html

Don't know that much about them, it's quite a simple system and it runs off windshield wiper fluid. It lowers temps dramatically, actually its a cheap insurance policy. You can up your boost on the SC cars and still run lower temps according to what I've read. Louie is running it on his GT/SC with a Paxton. Maybe we can get his opinion on it. Here's a link for some info. The system seems almost too simple.

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com/a43...ticle_info.html

I had it installed because I'm way past the safety factor ( helps prevent detonation), it will give you more timing which = HP.

I don't use windshield wiper fluid because it left residue on the bottom of the tank, VP meth 100% 50/50 mix.

My Pax is pumping out 12.5 psi at 93 oct 488 rwhp and 100oct 503 rwhp 448 rwtq.

Like he said insurance policy!!!

Correct me if I am wrong but this will have no effect on a stock 07 SGTs HP. It would only be beneficial if there was additional tuning for the higher octane. Is that correct? And once tuned for the alcohol injection you would have to run the alcohol at all times?

Correct me if I am wrong but this will have no effect on a stock 07 SGTs HP. It would only be beneficial if there was additional tuning for the higher octane. Is that correct? And once tuned for the alcohol injection you would have to run the alcohol at all times?

thats correct it won't do anything for you without a tune.

Archived