TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Eagle has landed- central OH

akcahill

Hey AKCahill!!! Congratulations on the new GT500!!! I still can't believe that I just happened to be at the Wendy's in Upper Sandusky when you hit the drive-through!!! I was shocked when my son exclaimed"Hey Dad, there's a Shelby!!!!!" Anyway, it was nice to meet you and your wife in person. I hope you enjoy your new toy. And hopefully mine gets here soon!!! I'll let you know when mine arrives.

Hey AKCahill!!! Congratulations on the new GT500!!! I still can't believe that I just happened to be at the Wendy's in Upper Sandusky when you hit the drive-through!!! I was shocked when my son exclaimed"Hey Dad, there's a Shelby!!!!!" Anyway, it was nice to meet you and your wife in person. I hope you enjoy your new toy. And hopefully mine gets here soon!!! I'll let you know when mine arrives.

It was nice to meet you and your boy as well! Give me a ring when you want to go for a ride. We are pleased with everything about the car. It is actually better than I have been day dreaming about for the last 13 months. The red inserts really set off the interior and I am glad that my wife was so adamant about that option. The shaker 1000 is worth every penny. I have heard the comment from both my father and my father-in-law that they haven't been in a car like that since the big Hemi's back in the day. The car is a blast to drive and I will be starting a tire fund very soon.

Chris

It was nice to meet you and your boy as well! Give me a ring when you want to go for a ride. We are pleased with everything about the car. It is actually better than I have been day dreaming about for the last 13 months. The red inserts really set off the interior and I am glad that my wife was so adamant about that option. The shaker 1000 is worth every penny. I have heard the comment from both my father and my father-in-law that they haven't been in a car like that since the big Hemi's back in the day. The car is a blast to drive and I will be starting a tire fund very soon.

Chris

I read this forum dear....No new tires yet!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

Your loving wife.

I read this forum dear....No new tires yet!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

Your loving wife.

That's a classic! :hysterical: First husband/wife exchange on the forum that I can remember.

At least it was over a cool subject like tires instead of something like this... "if you don't quite driving that d :censored: mn car every minute of the day and start helping around the house... " :fan:

The new baby was delivered yesterday afternoon at 2:15pm. :baby: 3920lbs and 187.6" long; she is beautiful! :cheerleader: We took it to our hometown last night and added 200 miles to the odometer. It's great on the highway, quiet cruiser, but a beast when you want.

Congrats akcahill. sweet. awaiting my vista blue coupe. due to arrive monday. not very sleepy lately.

The new baby was delivered yesterday afternoon at 2:15pm. :baby: 3920lbs and 187.6" long; she is beautiful! :cheerleader: We took it to our hometown last night and added 200 miles to the odometer. It's great on the highway, quiet cruiser, but a beast when you want.

Congrats on new delivery, she's beautiful :roses: Where in Ohio are you, I am in Dayton but my ebony vert is being delivered to Westlake Sept. 7th :rockon:

We live a NW suburb of Columbus...bought it here, too; nobody in Dayton would work with you?

Actually I bought it in Dayton, Eastgate Ford, but they sold the dealership and the transfer is Sept.1st. According to them, the new owner does not have to abide by the contract I have, which I think is bull :censored: , but whatever. So they are delivering the car to their affiliated dealer in Westlake. The nice guys they are said they would drive the car to me :hysterical: to which my response was :rant::rant::rant: So they agreed to ship the car on a private truck to my house. I found that acceptable.

:burnout:

Actually I bought it in Dayton, Eastgate Ford, but they sold the dealership and the transfer is Sept.1st. According to them, the new owner does not have to abide by the contract I have, which I think is bull :censored: , but whatever. So they are delivering the car to their affiliated dealer in Westlake. The nice guys they are said they would drive the car to me :hysterical: to which my response was :rant::rant::rant: So they agreed to ship the car on a private truck to my house. I found that acceptable.

The truck option is the way to go for sure, but just make sure you can examine the car thoroughly. Like many on these boards, we had a damaged rim that is being replaced. Many have had air dam damage, but the wheel was our only problem. Make sure can crawl underneath before they leave with your signature! Best of luck!

The truck option is the way to go for sure, but just make sure you can examine the car thoroughly. Like many on these boards, we had a damaged rim that is being replaced. Many have had air dam damage, but the wheel was our only problem. Make sure can crawl underneath before they leave with your signature! Best of luck!

Thanks for the good info akcahill, I will already talked to the GM at the dealer and told told him what my expectations were as far as PDI, mileage on the car, before I give a check to them. Is the car everything you expected? More pics More pics :party: BTW, is that the hubby in the car holding a beer :finger: lol

Thanks for the good info akcahill, I will already talked to the GM at the dealer and told told him what my expectations were as far as PDI, mileage on the car, before I give a check to them. Is the car everything you expected? More pics More pics :party: BTW, is that the hubby in the car holding a beer :finger: lol

Yes, that's him. The beer in hand (it's on tap! :party: ) helped him get through the last few weeks as Ford kept changing the ETA. He had to pout through his birthday last week before it showed up :cry: ... We have not had a Mustang in the household since a '93 convertible that we sold to buy our first house, so it's overdue.

Yes, that's him. The beer in hand (it's on tap! :party: ) helped him get through the last few weeks as Ford kept changing the ETA. He had to pout through his birthday last week before it showed up :cry: ... We have not had a Mustang in the household since a '93 convertible that we sold to buy our first house, so it's overdue.

Wow that's a nice b-day present :cheerleader: So what is he getting you for your b-day? That's to funny, my b-day is Sept.9th and the car is supposed to get to the dealer Sept.7th, so we'll see how that works out. Congrats again to you and the beer drinker :party:

Damaged rim here too! Right front. Two gouges 180 degrees apart. Looks like from a clamp of some type. The shipper is replacing mine also! Missed it when I picked it up but found it the same day. If you ship, check the rims carefully!

Damaged rim here too! Right front. Two gouges 180 degrees apart. Looks like from a clamp of some type. The shipper is replacing mine also! Missed it when I picked it up but found it the same day. If you ship, check the rims carefully!

I will, thanks for the heads up from everyone.

post-4504-1156535764_thumb.jpgpost-4504-1156535783_thumb.jpgpost-4504-1156535803_thumb.jpgpost-4504-1156535726_thumb.jpg

More pics...

post-4504-1156535726_thumb.jpg

post-4504-1156535764_thumb.jpg

post-4504-1156535783_thumb.jpg

post-4504-1156535803_thumb.jpg

Archived