TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Barrett-Jackson Auction

KingCobra

Just to let everyone know. To the best of my knowledge. The 1st Shelby GT500 will be going up for auction. It will be televised on Speed Channel on (should be) Saturday January 21. If things keep according to schedule, it should be the 80th car auctioned that day just behind a 1967 Shelby GT500 Fastback. The 2007 Shelby GT500 will be Lot # 1259.1. (the .1 indicating an entry made after the auction catalogue had already been completed) The auctions I've watched have lasted 9 hours/day, and there are 212 cars listed to be auctioned on Saturday 21. So, I assume it should be somewhere just over 3 hours into Saturdays list?????

DON'T HOLD ME TO THAT!!!!!

I'll be watching.

KingCobra.

Just to let everyone know. To the best of my knowledge. The 1st Shelby GT500 will be going up for auction. It will be televised on Speed Channel on (should be) Saturday January 21. If things keep according to schedule, it should be the 80th car auctioned that day just behind a 1967 Shelby GT500 Fastback. The 2007 Shelby GT500 will be Lot # 1259.1. (the .1 indicating an entry made after the auction catalogue had already been completed) The auctions I've watched have lasted 9 hours/day, and there are 212 cars listed to be auctioned on Saturday 21. So, I assume it should be somewhere just over 3 hours into Saturdays list?????

DON'T HOLD ME TO THAT!!!!!

I'll be watching.

KingCobra.

I've got my Tivo all cleaned out and ready to go...

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I will be in Baltimore from Friday till Tuesday (business), and most likely will miss it live......keep me posted!

I'll tape the most important day for you, Saturday. That's when the Shelby goes up for auction.

Did anybody catch yesterday's auction. It was supposed to be for the average person to buy a car, but some cars were still going for more than $70K. This auction has turned into a media circus with people just try to showoff.

I've got my Tivo all cleaned out and ready to go...

Can saved shows be download from Tivo to the web? I.E. Could you upload the 2007 GT500 auction segment to Windows Media or some other media player then put it on the web so we could see it? I don't know about this stuff, I've never had cable much less Tivo.

Can saved shows be download from Tivo to the web? I.E. Could you upload the 2007 GT500 auction segment to Windows Media or some other media player then put it on the web so we could see it? I don't know about this stuff, I've never had cable much less Tivo.

Yeah, I can handle that stuff. I'm not sure if I need permission from Barrett-Jackson to replay stuff like that but if its a problem I'll burn a cd for you..

FYI, the 1967 GT500 (lot # 1259) that is being auctioned off just before the 2007 GT500 belongs to Sammy Hagar (from Montrose, Van Halen, and his own solo career fame). As Sammy is the "red rocker" it's no surprise his 1967 GT500 is red (with black LeMans stripes). It features a 427 side-oiler and will be sold with an autographed guitar and a case of his CaboWabo Tequila. It would be amazing to see one guy buy both cars back to back!

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 19 2006, 11:19 AM) 2578[/snapback]
FYI, the 1967 GT500 (lot # 1259) that is being auctioned off just before the 2007 GT500 belongs to Sammy Hagar (from Montrose, Van Halen, and his own solo career fame). As Sammy is the "red rocker" it's no surprise his 1967 GT500 is red (with black LeMans stripes). It features a 427 side-oiler and will be sold with an autographed guitar and a case of his CaboWabo Tequila. It would be amazing to see one guy buy both cars back to back!

The "Red Rocker" just sold for $250K.

The Shelby GT 500 sold for $600,000.00! Holy Krap.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 19 2006, 11:19 AM) 2578[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--> FYI, the 1967 GT500 (lot # 1259) that is being auctioned off just before the 2007 GT500 belongs to Sammy Hagar (from Montrose, Van Halen, and his own solo career fame). As Sammy is the "red rocker" it's no surprise his 1967 GT500 is red (with black LeMans stripes). It features a 427 side-oiler and will be sold with an autographed guitar and a case of his CaboWabo Tequila. It would be amazing to see one guy buy both cars back to back!

The "Red Rocker" just sold for $250K.

The Shelby GT 500 sold for $600,000.00! Holy Krap.

That damn guy in the Ferrari hat drove the prive up. I know its for charity but this is going to make it hard for the dealers not to salivate all over themselves.

$600 000

HOLY CAMOLY!!!

and did you see that GT500 red and white striped tool chest, oops, I drooled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta get me one of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's my car Torch Red with Performance White stripes red and black interior and the upgrade leather dash, console and upgrade door armrests.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KingCobra.

600K, are you shittin' me? :wacko: Do you realize at 600K, you could buy 15 GT500's at the MSRP (40K) price? But on the flipside, I'm happy the Shelby Children’s Foundation will be receiving such a huge donation, good for them.

BTW, any idea who bought it?

Shelby's charity does awesome work for children with heart problems, so I am happy to hear that someone ponied up big time on the GT500. My 12 year old daughter has gone through 3 heart operations, but I had private insurance that took care of things (the 3rd operation cured her permanently, thank God). Places like Shelbys foundation and Danny/Marlow Thomas' work at St Judes help many who couldn't have helped themselves. Sure wish there were more generous people like them.

The buyer will get a big income tax deduction for the charity donation and will only pay sales tax on MSRP when he takes delivery.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 21 2006, 07:36 PM) 2720[/snapback]

Shelby's charity does awesome work for children with heart problems, so I am happy to hear that someone ponied up big time on the GT500. My 12 year old daughter has gone through 3 heart operations, but I had private insurance that took care of things (the 3rd operation cured her permanently, thank God). Places like Shelbys foundation and Danny/Marlow Thomas' work at St Judes help many who couldn't have helped themselves. Sure wish there were more generous people like them.

The buyer will get a big income tax deduction for the charity donation and will only pay sales tax on MSRP when he takes delivery.

Small world...my 7 yr old son also had three before three months old up at Rainbow(TAPVR/ASD)...its simply amazing what they can do these days. We had fun with insurance but really lucked out as he qualified for 90 days medicaid due to 'terminal' lung disease that he somehow outgrew...he was born Easter sunday with a zero chance of survival...miracles happen everyday, and we got a doozy. we know of about 8 other survivors now too.

Mr. Shelby's charity (as I understand it) is helping with organ donors, and it really is badly needed- while up at Rainbow, I saw 2 kids on ECMO hoping for a donor that never arrived...one was there almost 6 weeks- I felt so bad for that family. The first night I was there in NICU 2 kids didnt make it, and I'll tell you what- that really changes your perspective on whats important...If I fell over dead tonight I'd have no reason to feel cheated for sure. The Organ donor situation is pretty bad, especially with the kids- too few parents would ever consider donating in event of horrible accident or such, and its really sad- but with ANY media exposure, it helps open eyes, and with any luck if it convinces even one donation its all worth it. When I read about Shelby driving that Viper around Indy with someone elses heart beating in his chest, I was floored. Simply amazing. Then reading about his finishing the cobras and donating proceeds...what can you even say. That guys a hero to many folks that have no idea what hes triumphed over in his lifetime.

600k is pretty steep for sure, but I really doubt it was all for the car- God bless the guy that bought it too.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 21 2006, 07:36 PM) 2720[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Small world...my 7 yr old son also had three before three months old up at Rainbow(TAPVR/ASD)...its simply amazing what they can do these days. We had fun with insurance but really lucked out as he qualified for 90 days medicaid due to 'terminal' lung disease that he somehow outgrew...he was born Easter sunday with a zero chance of survival...miracles happen everyday, and we got a doozy. we know of about 8 other survivors now too.

Mr. Shelby's charity (as I understand it) is helping with organ donors, and it really is badly needed- while up at Rainbow, I saw 2 kids on ECMO hoping for a donor that never arrived...one was there almost 6 weeks- I felt so bad for that family. The first night I was there in NICU 2 kids didnt make it, and I'll tell you what- that really changes your perspective on whats important...If I fell over dead tonight I'd have no reason to feel cheated for sure. The Organ donor situation is pretty bad, especially with the kids- too few parents would ever consider donating in event of horrible accident or such, and its really sad- but with ANY media exposure, it helps open eyes, and with any luck if it convinces even one donation its all worth it. When I read about Shelby driving that Viper around Indy with someone elses heart beating in his chest, I was floored. Simply amazing. Then reading about his finishing the cobras and donating proceeds...what can you even say. That guys a hero to many folks that have no idea what hes triumphed over in his lifetime.

600k is pretty steep for sure, but I really doubt it was all for the car- God bless the guy that bought it too.

$600,000 is a lot and you can bet the dealers are salivating over it! However, I am glad it went to such a worthy charity!!

Wow. I'm sorry and happy for you and your family at the same time. To read what you just posted about your children absolutely crushed me. I would set everything I own on fire for my little girl and couldn't begin to grip what it is like to contend w/ things like that.

Speechless.....

I have a physically handicapped daughter, Cheyenne Shelby (8) and Carroll was so thrilled when we met him at the 40th in Nashville. She showed him her Shelby Mustang book and he wrote on it

To my sweet Shelby, Love Caroll Shelby and he autographed it.

I said to her. Ok, give me the book. Now it's mine. :lol: No, she guards it with her live. I am glad that the car brought so much money for the good cause.

That's great your daughter shares the same enthusiasm you have for cars (Particularly Shelby's?). Does she like to read/understand all the history behind cars? I would love for my daughter to be into it as much as I am when she's older. Funny about the personalized book, I would be eyeing it up myself! My daughter is two and when she sees a car she yells "go daddy, we go!"

That's great your daughter shares the same enthusiasm you have for cars (Particularly Shelby's?). Does she like to read/understand all the history behind cars? I would love for my daughter to be into it as much as I am when she's older. Funny about the personalized book, I would be eyeing it up myself! My daughter is two and when she sees a car she yells "go daddy, we go!"

She likes Mustangs very much and the 97 Cobra is her year of birth, so her car she says. When we go on vacation to the USA (every year) we always plan an event in that vacation. Next August we visit FFW in Bristol and then go down to the villa in Cape Coral.

My son, Rick Ford 2 yrs (yes his middle name is Ford) is even more crazy about cars. When I am working in the garage he comes in and before I know it he sneaks around my back and is turning the bolts on the new Brembos and brake ducts that I am working on on the 97 Cobra.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived