TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Fest was GREAT! PICs? DYNO Sheets, and comments?

Red08Shelby

Yeah, the yellow Corvette was me! I still had a blast! There were so many pure, raw, nasty, REAL muscle, I about pee'd my pants several times! This was, with out a doubt, the best muscle car event I have been to! And, I have been on 7 Hot Rod Power Tours, countless Corvette events, as well as Fbody events, and numerous Mustangs car shows. This was the best group of pure street horsepower ever! I would love to know the average RWHP for the cars in attendence???

That black beauty was fantastic! I got to talk with the so many great Shelby nuts! I am still smiling!!!

Ok, let's see the pictures, the dyno sheets, and the comments!

No, I wasn't about to put my Corvette on the dyno and embarass myself with all that horsepower that was there! Nice try though John!

Honestly now...The weather sucked. However, I met a great group of Shelby enthuiasts and made some new friends. Kyle, John, and Lamont outdid themselves as congenial and charming hosts. The unofficial car count was stated as 96, try moving that caravan down the highway!

This was my first ShelbyFest, but it won't be my last. Members Steve, Steve and Larry, you guys rock! What a drive home!

LuLu jumped on the dyno, and she wasn't embarrased one bit to flash her skirt. 3 pulls, averaged (the way I like to see power numbers posted) and she put down 267.11 RWHP and 291.75 RWTQ under what I would consider very unfavorable conditions. 100% humidity, lots of cold wet air, and a cold engine. She's done better, but these numbers are nothing to be ashamed of from a 100% bone stock SGT. Nice job, LuLu!

I brought my camera but never took it out. Seems there were so many folks taking pics, I'm sure some will float back here. If anyone got a few complimentary pics of LuLu, please post them?

After wondering what direction Team Shelby would take, the future is very bright for us. A season of fun waits, let's go!

This was my 2nd Shelbyfest and both have been great. Kyle does an amazing job with it and all that help him do too. Herman Ford is great for letting us take over their space and run wild. I bought power ball tickets so on Wed. when I win the jackpot I can try to buy the olf fire station on the top of the hill for Black Vert Mafia HQ :)

We'll be back next year and won't forget out camera. My only wish was that i got something to recognize the win on the dyno pull. I don't really care about dyno numbers but would love to put a trophy or plaque on the wall as a result of letting people I don't know under the hood....that's why I went so late in the day - I had to work up the nerve to get up there :)

It was a great addition to the activities and fun to do. I stayed for another day and a half after the show because I like Hermann and my wife wanted to wander the shops etc. It's a great little place and I am already looking forward to next year and planning out where we will stay and how to stretch it out a little longer again.

There was an older vette on the Dyno earlier in the day - Next year bring the Shelby out :)

I have to echo the sentiments. I didn't have my car last year, so this was my first Shelbyfest--definitely not my last I had a great time. I took about 300 pics, so still sorting through and cleaning up the fuzzy ones and dark ones-got several convoy pics. Mac I got some photos of LuLu, both in the lot and on the dyno, will get them posted soon. Iceman, I took video of your beast on the dyno with my camera, but the file is too big to upload on photobucket, so I'm still trying to figure out how to get it on here.

I met a lot of great people at this event and really look forward to crossing paths again. I had a mini-caravan down and back which even made coming and going fun--I'm ready for next year!

I have to echo the sentiments. I didn't have my car last year, so this was my first Shelbyfest--definitely not my last I had a great time. I took about 300 pics, so still sorting through and cleaning up the fuzzy ones and dark ones-got several convoy pics. Mac I got some photos of LuLu, both in the lot and on the dyno, will get them posted soon. Iceman, I took video of your beast on the dyno with my camera, but the file is too big to upload on photobucket, so I'm still trying to figure out how to get it on here.

I met a lot of great people at this event and really look forward to crossing paths again. I had a mini-caravan down and back which even made coming and going fun--I'm ready for next year!

I'd like to see that video - try you tube or even e-mail it to me and I'll put it up there if i can. Kelly and I were both mad we forgot the camera this year but I'm kinda figuring some pics will surface over time as well.

Honestly now...The weather sucked. However, I met a great group of Shelby enthuiasts and made some new friends. Kyle, John, and Lamont outdid themselves as congenial and charming hosts. The unofficial car count was stated as 96, try moving that caravan down the highway!

This was my first ShelbyFest, but it won't be my last. Members Steve, Steve and Larry, you guys rock! What a drive home!

LuLu jumped on the dyno, and she wasn't embarrased one bit to flash her skirt. 3 pulls, averaged (the way I like to see power numbers posted) and she put down 267.11 RWHP and 291.75 RWTQ under what I would consider very unfavorable conditions. 100% humidity, lots of cold wet air, and a cold engine. She's done better, but these numbers are nothing to be ashamed of from a 100% bone stock SGT. Nice job, LuLu!

I brought my camera but never took it out. Seems there were so many folks taking pics, I'm sure some will float back here. If anyone got a few complimentary pics of LuLu, please post them?

After wondering what direction Team Shelby would take, the future is very bright for us. A season of fun waits, let's go!

Mac, I've got some shots of LuLu. If you PM me your email address, I'll shoot them over to you. Great getting to meet and chat for a few minutes and thanks for the loan of the wet wipes! What a great idea for engine bay cleaning!

Wes

Mac, I've got some shots of LuLu. If you PM me your email address, I'll shoot them over to you. Great getting to meet and chat for a few minutes and thanks for the loan of the wet wipes! What a great idea for engine bay cleaning!

Wes

Hey Wes! You're welcome! How was your ride home?

I don't use the PM system, because it's not private. But, you can e-mail me at SergntMac@AOL.COM.

Thanks, and be safe.

Mac.

Archived