TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Dealer Service gripe.........

DreamRide

Had the airbag recall done, Had them check my seat cushion drivers side, stitching was coming apart, Had them check for rattle in drivers mirror assy., Check shifter "ALL" shifter bolts because it felt like something was loose. When i would shift into a gear and apply a little more pressure on the shifter, i would hear a little "Creak" sound, but only after a shift and add just a hair more pressure and a Sharp, fast "Creak" sound. Anyways,

Recall done, no problem.

Seat cushings driverside top and bottom replacing under warrenty.

Drivers side mirror, replacing under warrenty.

Was told "ALL" the shifter bolts were tight. I say, your sure? Explain the creak sound, Nope, all the nuts and bolts were tight. No other explanation. Ok, i figured he's deaf or somethin so, I say, ok, no problem, away i go.

Tonight just a few minutes ago, I say, "Somethings not tight!" Check all the nuts and bolts and guess what i find................

:superhero:

The dog gone shifter nuts that hold the "Hurst Shifter" to the shifter assy..................

LOOSE!!!!!!!!:blink:

Took me a whole 10 minutes to find and re tighten myself. So that means , he did not check them "ALL" :banghead:

Maybe to much trouble to remove the shifter boot and rubber shifter base boot to check. Took me 3 minutes to remove it to check the nuts and bolts. :headscratch:

Maybe he was lazy that day. :boring:

Maybe he doesn't know about Hurst shifters? :finger:

i guess i should have gave him a print out of the location of "ALL" the fasteners.......... :redcard:

Had the airbag recall done, Had them check my seat cushion drivers side, stitching was coming apart, Had them check for rattle in drivers mirror assy., Check shifter "ALL" shifter bolts because it felt like something was loose. When i would shift into a gear and apply a little more pressure on the shifter, i would hear a little "Creak" sound, but only after a shift and add just a hair more pressure and a Sharp, fast "Creak" sound. Anyways,

Recall done, no problem.

Seat cushings driverside top and bottom replacing under warrenty.

Drivers side mirror, replacing under warrenty.

Was told "ALL" the shifter bolts were tight. I say, your sure? Explain the creak sound, Nope, all the nuts and bolts were tight. No other explanation. Ok, i figured he's deaf or somethin so, I say, ok, no problem, away i go.

Tonight just a few minutes ago, I say, "Somethings not tight!" Check all the nuts and bolts and guess what i find................

:superhero:

The dog gone shifter nuts that hold the "Hurst Shifter" to the shifter assy..................

LOOSE!!!!!!!!:blink:

Took me a whole 10 minutes to find and re tighten myself. So that means , he did not check them "ALL" :banghead:

Maybe to much trouble to remove the shifter boot and rubber shifter base boot to check. Took me 3 minutes to remove it to check the nuts and bolts. :headscratch:

Maybe he was lazy that day. :boring:

Maybe he doesn't know about Hurst shifters? :finger:

i guess i should have gave him a print out of the location of "ALL" the fasteners.......... :redcard:

I have a stinkin suspicion that they elected to not even bother looking....wouldn't be the first time... When you get the survey that asks how satisfied you were, you'll have to give them a few bad marks.

Probably no book time listing on finding creeking noise in shifter so it was a no go!Anybody ever read the supplemental package that come with the Shelby GT saying something to the effect that odd noises caused by the Shelby mods would not be covered,Wonder if that's got something to do with it.Trying to stick up for the tech as much as possible but it's not working is it? :hysterical:

Probably no book time listing on finding creeking noise in shifter so it was a no go!Anybody ever read the supplemental package that come with the Shelby GT saying something to the effect that odd noises caused by the Shelby mods would not be covered,Wonder if that's got something to do with it.Trying to stick up for the tech as much as possible but it's not working is it? :hysterical:

I firmly believe that if a procedure is not in the Ford Shop Manual, then it's not possible for today's average service tech to fix it!

I firmly believe that if a procedure is not in the Ford Shop Manual, then it's not possible for today's average service tech to fix it!

No procedure so to say. I work at Chevrolet ( :hysterical3: ) across the street and we/I do verify a noise and at least find where its coming from and we have a labor Op for "No Problem Found" scenario's, Don't know about Ford's warrenty dept. But if he words it right, he will get payed labor for his time. I do it every day.

The problem i have is, even though it may have been a hassle or all the Shelbys make little noises, He did not want bother with it?

I was told, "Yes, He checked ALL the nuts and bolts!" when he did not.

Maybe he did not know about the shifter and was thinking a stock one and tthose bolts did not register as being there? Don't know? Today i will give him the benifit of the doubt.

So im going to walk across the street this morning and talk to the tech. and ask him point blank about checking "ALL" the nuts and bolts on my Shelby's shifter. If he tell's me again, Yes! He did. Then, im going to show him where he did not look so the next time he will maybe look a little harder for his customers.

Maybe he doesn't know about Hurst shifters?

You would think the service tech would have noticed it being loose when he was doing all those speed runs on the street behind the dealership :P

But seriously my guess is that he never worked on a Hurst Shifter car before and didn't think of looking there for the problem.

Steve

Some of todays techs couldn't find their azz with a search warrant!I have had to show more than one how to fix a problem.I'm not sure if they are dumb,Or just playing dumb.Hard call sometimes.

You would think the service tech would have noticed it being loose when he was doing all those speed runs on the street behind the dealership :P

But seriously my guess is that he never worked on a Hurst Shifter car before and didn't think of looking there for the problem.

Steve

No wonder the cats were red hot!

:banghead:

:P

Ok,

Im not a happy camper.

I go over thier this morning and talk to the service writer (Whom i know well) and talk to him about the situation and what i found. He said to me that the tech acted like he did not want to put it up in the air because it was lowered and a bitch to rack, WTF? but, he did tell him to check it because i was an employee. So now im convinced that he did not check any of it. Probably sat in the car and moved the shifter around and said, Nope! I dont see anything wrong!. Im going to go talk to service manager tomorrow and see if theres a problem with any of his tech's sevicing my Shelby there.......... I'm pretty confident that he will look into it and make sure the out come is differnt next visit. If not, Then we Have another Ford dealer in the auto group that is 15-20 minutes from me. I would rather drive for go service then to settle for bad service just because they are across the street.

I'll keep ya posted on this meet..........

Yeah sorry about your poor dealer service experience..It really is a shame the attitude some dealers have at the service level trying to address problems ..Especially when the manufacter's warranty covers these cars,but some techs and service depts could care less...

:nonono:

I hear such a difference in service being offered by these dealers. Tru, most dont have a clue about our cars, but cmon?

The President of my mustang club had to wait 2 days for the dealership that hosts our annual club show to do his airbag recall!

Upon hearing this, I decided to skip the whole deal.

my friend Roger heard me say that and made an appt for me to go to Flood Ford in Rhode Island on Saturday to get my recall done.

Beautiful dealership, staff was great, in and out of there in 20 minutes......and free popcorn to boot.

GREAT EXPERIENCE!

Maybe the population in Jersey is so big that these dealers can get away with being morons due to the high volume of people that come to them by accident.....but I sure cant find that small town feel I got at Flood.

THANKS ROGER!

Archived