TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 Shelby GT

altopcat

You can search back through the forum. AmyB has told us there will not be a 2009 Shelby GT. Among other things they are in the "throngs" of KR and SS production. :hysterical:

For our exclusitivity I hope they don't have an 09 Shelby GT. Something tells me the Shelby GT will hold its value in the future better than the GT500 just because of the fact there is far fewer made. Just my opinion.

Tee-Hee. Wanna' mess with the search engines? :poke:

In 2009 the Shelby GT is expected to go into normal production with 50,000 units being made as Carroll Shelby makes a huge comeback combining forces with Danica Patrick. The car will be called the Shelby GT Hot Rod and will come with a signed poster of both Danica Patrick and Carroll Shelby. Stock prices for CSBI are expected to hit $100 a share.

So how long before that post makes it to Yahoo news?? :hysterical:

For our exclusitivity I hope they don't have an 09 Shelby GT. Something tells me the Shelby GT will hold its value in the future better than the GT500 just because of the fact there is far fewer made. Just my opinion.

As an SGT owner, it would be nice if that was the case, but I do not see it happening. A higher-performance model will almost always retain value better down the road.

Tee-Hee. Wanna' mess with the search engines? :poke:

In 2009 the Shelby GT is expected to go into normal production with 50,000 units being made as Carroll Shelby makes a huge comeback combining forces with Danica Patrick. The car will be called the Shelby GT Hot Rod and will come with a signed poster of both Danica Patrick and Carroll Shelby. Stock prices for CSBI are expected to hit $100 a share.

So how long before that post makes it to Yahoo news?? :hysterical:

:lol: :o :huh: B)

:fan::hysterical2:

As an SGT owner, it would be nice if that was the case, but I do not see it happening. A higher-performance model will almost always retain value better down the road.

Not really - rarity if usually the overriding factor when it comes to classic car values if the car is already a desirable model. I think the Shelby GT will meet both criteria.

Having a lesser quantity made is also not necessarily indicative of an increased value in the future. Ford sold a zillion more Mustangs than Falcons in 1965, but which is worth more today?

We're nottalking about Mustangs and Falcons, we're talking about Shelby Mustangs period. One is less produced and went through Shelby. Though the only "future value" I see in both of mine is the miles of pleasure that I will put on them, not resale.

You can search back through the forum. AmyB has told us there will not be a 2009 Shelby GT. Among other things they are in the "throngs" of KR and SS production. :hysterical:

Whew! First time I read this I thought you were mentioning "AmyB" and "thong" in the same sentence! :fear:

Posted by Amyb on 2/24/08

"Will there be a Shelby GT in 2009, no there won't. Will there ever be a Shelby GT again.....don't know, anything is possible, but the 07 and 08 buyers are the first ones and the last on this body style. They are special because after 40 years, Ford and Shelby are back stronger then ever."

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...st&p=370463

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Production has finished but last I heard there are still over 1000 07's on dealer lots. Once those numbers dwindle, I think we will see the prices go up (some).

I am certainly no expert with regard to new car sales, but I don't think that cars the prices of which have been dropping significantly (and still going unsold) are going to see a renaissance in prices once they start to run out of them. The prices will just keep dropping until they are finally sold or the dealer decides to keep the car.

There is a Pontiac dealer in my hometown that has had a new 2004 GTO on his lot for all these years. The price has dropped obscenely, and he just cannot get rid of it. The same thing will probably happen to a handful of SGTs, considering the problem some dealers have had moving them.

This still begs the question. Will there be a Shelby product, similar to the SGT, in 2009. CAN SAI exist on only KR and SS conversions for a year or more? What will happen to the stock price? What will Ford release in 2009? Will there be a different engine available? There may not be a 2009 SGT but I bet there will be a similar product from SAI in 2009. We should not expect SAI to try and tread water or go backwards!

The fact that there are so many 07 and 08 SGTs on dealer lots is probably the reason there is not a 09 model. I am sure SAI measures the requests from dealers and there is no interest at this time for a 09 model. Hopefully the 07 and 08 models will be sold by the end of 2009 and there will be a 2010 Shelby, whatever the name will be.

The fact that there are so many 07 and 08 SGTs on dealer lots is probably the reason there is not a 09 model. I am sure SAI measures the requests from dealers and there is no interest at this time for a 09 model. Hopefully the 07 and 08 models will be sold by the end of 2009 and there will be a 2010 Shelby, whatever the name will be.

I believe you are incorrect; I don't believe SAI ever intended to produce Shelby GT's beyond 2008. It was always going to be a limited run, and, lucky for the SGT owners, it was!

Archived