TEAM SHELBY FORUM

29.5 MPG on highway @ 65MPH

slamarre

Hi,

Drove back with my new SGT 07 and the onboard computer was displaying a 29.5 average MPG?

Drove 265 miles from Perry, GA to St Augustine FL with an average speed of 65mph :shift:

Is that a true estimate or we cannot rely on this number?

If this is true, that is amazing espacially with the price of the premium 20 cents shy of 4$...

Thanks.

Hi,

Drove back with my new SGT 07 and the onboard computer was displaying a 29.5 average MPG?

Drove 265 miles from Perry, GA to St Augustine FL with an average speed of 65mph :shift:

If this is true, that is amazing espacially with the price of the premium 20 cents shy of 4$...

Thanks.

Fill your tank up and calculate it manually?

I think that the trick is to stay below 2,000 RPM.

I was always driving around 1,800 RPM.

Anyway, i will calculate it manually.

my SGT isnt equiped with OBC. but i manually calculated a similar length trip and got just under 24 mpg. not all of the trip was on interstate.

Hi,

Thanks.

Premium at #3.80? Try $4.10 here in Norcal!

My car wont do 65mph :hysterical: She has to run at least 80mph

michael morris

MM - that's just sad - but that being said - I bet you're not kidding in the least. Take off from a red light and shift through a few gears, realizing your smiling from ear to ear like a teenager who just lost his virginity. . . . . then look up in rear view to see all the other cars - wait - what cars??? There used to be cars behind you . . . then look down at the speedo to realize you're going 85+ mph. . . . . yeah - I'll buy that!

I'll be one of those kids givin' you a thumbs up at the next light asking for ya to light 'em up!

T-Dogg

I have gotten high 20's regularly if I stay around 70-75. On my recent road trip back from CA to CO across Nevada, I had the assistance of a 50 mph tail wind and set the cruise control at 90 and eased up to 100 on long straights on US 50. Fallon, NV to Ely, NV, average speed 93 mph, 29.5 mpg.

...and we all paid a gas guzzler tax.

Don't remember exactly what my Shelby GT got but it was close to what my Bullitt gets,24 MPG average,That includes some interstate cruising at 95.These cars get pretty good mileage considering.Trip computer is rel atively accurate at calculating average economy,Relatively but not 100%

The OBC is as accurate as any other car's which it seems not very much.

There is already a topic here on this subject and a quick Google search will yield 21,000 hits on this topic mostly from people asking if the crazy high gas milage is right. My favorite was the guy in the Prius that was wondering if his 100 MPG was right.

These things are not calibrated or certified...take it for what it is, but if it's really important calculate manually.

I have not personally checked my OBC on this car. I have only filled it a couple of times (less than 900 miles on it).

However, I can tell you that my truck (Diesel) OBC is way off. It displays 23 mpg; but when I calculate the final milage, I get 18 mpg. (I drive it like a little old lady)

I'm sure that these cars will average in the mid 20's depending on driving conditions.

MM - that's just sad - but that being said - I bet you're not kidding in the least. Take off from a red light and shift through a few gears, realizing your smiling from ear to ear like a teenager who just lost his virginity. . . . . then look up in rear view to see all the other cars - wait - what cars??? There used to be cars behind you . . . then look down at the speedo to realize you're going 85+ mph. . . . . yeah - I'll buy that!

I'll be one of those kids givin' you a thumbs up at the next light asking for ya to light 'em up!

T-Dogg

I was kidding, KINDA. The car has a drone at 65 so its quiter at 80 to 85.

michael morris

my foot is way too heavy to ever see numbers like that!

My Wife's shelby gt Gets 22. something around town, NO BS, I have calculated it both ways. Now my GT 500 get like 14 to 15 around town but the SGT is amazing on gas around town. Still can't believe we paid 1000 gas guzzler tax on the damn thing. Hell the new Z06 Doesn't even have a gas guzzler tax, go figure.

Trip computer said 25.2 average on this tank.I filled it at the same pump,Same time of day and temps to see just how accurate it was.Calculated it manually and my real worl average MPG,Highway and stop and go traffic is 24.1.Not bad and the trip computer was pretty close.

I did close to that on a trip a couple of weekends ago. I was on an increasing MPG trend on the way back from Cheyenne on I25. It was at almost 29 and still increasing when I pulled off to Hwy34 in Loveland.

I had "natural boost". There was something like a 50MPH tailwind and I was going downhill.

Still, I'm absolutely mpressed with the mileage this is getting, still about 23-24 in my area. I'm running Colorado 91 (which is 93 to most of you) so that might help, but it's also 10% ethanol.

Archived