TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 vs Shelby GT Production Numbers

emailcm

We've been told that the Shelby GT production will be 10,000 total for all years producted. We all guess that GT500 production is 8k to 10k per year.

Question is: Why would Ford build more GT500's then the lower model Shelby GT? Or do we have it all wrong. There will only be 8,000 GT500's total for '07 & '08.

Your thoughts..

#1 Who told you 10,000 Shelby`s

#2 Do the math At 20 day they can`t do a production run in 12 month`s

#3 Unless Ford finds some other company to supply transmissions they will be lucky to make the 7,000 for `07.

Maybe they mean`t Shelby G.t `s & G.T 500`s

#3 Unless Ford finds some other company to supply transmissions they will be lucky to make the 7,000 for `07.

Slow down Cowboy....which Shelby are you referring???? GT or GT500. Remember there are two "Shelby's" now.

I said 10,000 Shelby GT's not GT500. It's a well know post on many places on this board from Ford directly that they will make 10,000 Shelby GT's.

Soooooooo......my question is why would they make more GT500's then the Shelby GT?

Slow down Cowboy....which Shelby are you referring???? GT or GT500. Remember there are two "Shelby's" now.

I said 10,000 Shelby GT's not GT500. It's a well know post on many places on this board from Ford directly that they will make 10,000 Shelby GT's.

Soooooooo......my question is why would they make more GT500's then the Shelby GT?

I thought I was pretty good at math until I read this post. Last time I looked, 10,000 Shelby GTs is as high as or higher than 8-10,000 GT500s.

Dave

It is very common for SVT product to run continiously through the model year just changing VIN MY numbers. I would guess that the Shelby GT would come from standard GT numbers as well. I think the tranny thing is a problem, however, and I still have an uncomfortable feeling re CAFE numbers and the Mustang builds. I guess were going to have to shill some Foci on some folks to protect our interests. :cheerleader:

I thought I was pretty good at math until I read this post. Last time I looked, 10,000 Shelby GTs is as high as or higher than 8-10,000 GT500s.

Dave

Dave,

The current press release says 10,000 total Shelby GT's....not per year...but total then it's over.

Folk on this board think there will be 8k to 10k GT500's built each model year for 07, 08 and possibly 09. That means 8k+8k=16,000 cars at a minimum thus more than the 10,000 Shelby GTs. If I need to break it down more for you, let me know...

Dave,

The current press release says 10,000 total Shelby GT's....not per year...but total then it's over.

Folk on this board think there will be 8k to 10k GT500's built each model year for 07, 08 and possibly 09. That means 8k+8k=16,000 cars at a minimum thus more than the 10,000 Shelby GTs. If I need to break it down more for you, let me know...

Now I see what you are saying. You asked the reason they'd make more of the GT500s? How about...more people want them?

Dave

Guest evilchris

Don't buy the "transmission shortage" BS. Tremec can build them just like they built 10s of thousands of t56's for terms, vipers, and vettes.

The TR6060 is superior to the t56 but that has nothing to do with how difficult it is to build.

Guest evilchris

I was thinking more in terms of CAFE numbers myself. But the manuals are backordered and I caught a rumour on another board that other manufacturers are in the same boat. Looking now.

Which manuals? Are you referring to TR6060's or TR3650's on regular GT's?

Here is what I don't get:

My dealer told me that they have to order 4 autos for every 1 manual. Seeing as how manuals get better MPG, why would this be if CAFE were the issue?

I would suggest that most manual GT's are ordered with the 3.55 and I still feel there is a tremec supply issue. Maybe they shorted themselves with aluminium. Its an expensive commodity right now. ( Our A/C skin materials costs have shot up almost 20% since Jan.)

...and can afford them.

Are you saying that the Shelby GT is more expensive than the GT500?

Doesn't seem more plausable that there won't be 8,000 GT500's per year.....but rather 8,000 total for all years combined. As in 4,000 per year (07 and 08).

Archived