TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR REAR SPOILER

MAYBE IF WE ALL VOICE OUR DISPLEASURE WITH THE V6 SPOILER THEY MAKE CHANGE IT, CAN'T HURT TO TRY.

My vote is to leave it "spoiler delete" please! None, nada, NO SPOILER! The 1968 didn't have one, the 2008 doesn't need one either. Just my02. Might not be what you're looking for V man.

The V-6 spoiler was used to give the car better high speed balance. Ford/SVT put the car in the wind tunnel after the suspenion, hood & front spoiler changes were made & the data showed it had to much rear down force with the GT500 rear spoiler & the only way to get less was to replace it with the stock V-6 one. If you have ever driven high speed before (125+) for any legth of time & the cars front end didn't stay planted or wanted to wonder around when driving in a straight line, then you can appreciate why they had to do this. And IMHO, If it's going to be call "The King of the Road" I don't care what it looks like as long as it handles well & performs they way it should, I'm happy! :happy feet:

I understand that I wont own one anytime soon, but I dont think the spoiler much matters in the look. Your going to have just as many that like the spoiler as dont. If they didnt put one then folks would beg for one. If they used the GT500 spoiler folks would complain that its the same as the GT500. SAI and Ford will never please everyone, but at least they are making the car HANDLE likes its supposed too.

michael morris

For the price these are going for, if the GT500 spoiler didn't work they should have designed one that did. not stick one on from a six cylinder Mustang. Unbelievable!

JR

Yeah, have Ford spend 500k+ on a new injection mold for 1,700 pieces...... that works out to be an extra $294.18 added to the cars price just for the cost of the tool, now add the labor, material, paint, shipping, packaging, engineering time, CAD drawing time, patent cost, more wind tunnel time & then hope it pleases you & add another 5k to 10k per car. Sometimes in the auto industry you make do with what is in house & already is proven to work w/o re-inventing the wheel. If you don't like it don't buy it.

The V-6 spoiler was used to give the car better high speed balance. Ford/SVT put the car in the wind tunnel after the suspenion, hood & front spoiler changes were made & the data showed it had to much rear down force with the GT500 rear spoiler & the only way to get less was to replace it with the stock V-6 one.

So, I guess they never wind tunnel tested the 600 and 725HP Super Snakes, or will they soon be installing six cylinder spoilers on those, too?

JR

:hysterical3:

So, I guess they never wind tunnel tested the 600 and 725HP Super Snakes, or will they soon be installing six cylinder spoilers on those, too?

JR

:hysterical:

"EXACTLY"!!!!!!!!!!!!! :talkhand:

CUT THE BS AND ADMIT SOMEONE SCREWED UP??????????????????? :poke:

The V-6 spoiler was used to give the car better high speed balance. Ford/SVT put the car in the wind tunnel after the suspenion, hood & front spoiler changes were made & the data showed it had to much rear down force with the GT500 rear spoiler & the only way to get less was to replace it with the stock V-6 one. If you have ever driven high speed before (125+) for any legth of time & the cars front end didn't stay planted or wanted to wonder around when driving in a straight line, then you can appreciate why they had to do this. And IMHO, If it's going to be call "The King of the Road" I don't care what it looks like as long as it handles well & performs they way it should, I'm happy! :happy feet:

I looked at a 6-cylinder car with the spoiler for awhile, it looks good.

Yeah, have Ford spend 500k+ on a new injection mold for 1,700 pieces...... that works out to be an extra $294.18 added to the cars price just for the cost of the tool, now add the labor, material, paint, shipping, packaging, engineering time, CAD drawing time, patent cost, more wind tunnel time & then hope it pleases you & add another 5k to 10k per car. Sometimes in the auto industry you make do with what is in house & already is proven to work w/o re-inventing the wheel. If you don't like it don't buy it.

wow I guess you told us

I have molded automotive plastic parts for well over 6 years & have had many molds made, my numbers are a little wide because I don't have access to fords engineering room to know all the details so I can only assume based on my knowledge base. It just amazes me how so many folks will complain about small features & think it's an easy fix when they have never set foot or worked in an automotive plant before or know what kind of time frames are needed to pull something like this off. I suggest you go to ROUSHTV.com & go to the last video & see how they make molds & build bumpers for mustangs & then maybe you'll understand that it's not just as simple as making a homemade mold & slapping some fiberglass into it. Ford has higher standards then that.

yeah, when I saw it I couldn't believe my eyes. I am not going to buy one in nearest future but if I did I would change the spoiler to the regular GT500 one. The second thing I would change would be the seats. I don't understand why Ford/Shelby don't offer real sport buckets as Cobra Milano seats. (BTW maybe somebody here has them in his car?)

Yes, "ON A v/6 mustang"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

SAI, please let it off! Spoiler Delete! just the way AAI sends them to you. I don't hear any, not one, of our Shelby GT brothers clamoring for a spoiler. How'd they get so lucky? Ask them if they want a V6 spoiler on there car. We couldn't post there replies :hysterical3:

I see the logic to what you are saying. My question is can you point all the skeptics to the data/articles that you are referencing? :reading:

I see the logic to what you are saying. My question is can you point all the skeptics to the data/articles that you are referencing? :reading:

If he doesn't, IM CALLING BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked the spoiler on the KR I saw in person! I saw it side by side with a GT500 and I thought it looked great! I'm usually a spoiler delete kind-a-guy and to me this was a nice subtle compromise! It added something to the back that worked yet didn't overwhelm the car and take over the rear rear end like I think the GT500 spoiler does. JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION!

In fact I liked it so much I bought one and put it on!

Now I get to call it the "KR Spoiler" ;)

DSCN1705.JPG

DSCN1706.JPG

DSCN1707.JPG

DSCN1705.JPG

DSCN1706.JPG

DSCN1707.JPG

I liked the spoiler on the KR I saw in person! I saw it side by side with a GT500 and I thought it looked great! I'm usually a spoiler delete kind-a-guy and to me this was a nice subtle compromise! It added something to the back that worked yet didn't overwhelm the car and take over the rear rear end like I think the GT500 spoiler does. JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION!

In fact I liked it so much I bought one and put it on!

Now I get to call it the "KR Spoiler" ;)

Very nice looking

Motor Trend says it's a new wing...

From their on-line review...

The rear wing is new, too, producing less drag and helping move the center of aerodynamic pressure forward for better stability. Combined with the lowered ride height, the result is a car that's trimmed out flatter and more neutral from an aero standpoint.

What'd I miss??

Motor Trend says it's a new wing...

From their on-line review...

What'd I miss??

I really think no one really paid much attention to the V6 and not all that many have this spoiler. Enthusiasts like us are the the only ones that know based on the "man of the street" comments I've had. I see a lot of V6's running around with a standard GT spoiler these days. It might be an option now I'm too lazy to look at the 07/08 My.

Again this is all subjective and personal preference as has been said, you can directly bolt on any Ford spoiler you want and save the old one.

First of all, who is going to drive the car in excess of 125 MPH for any lenght of time?

Is this a trick question?

Fact is, you can't really, because you get where you're going very quickly. On the other hand, for the short period of time we're in that particular zone, it is nice that the wheels pretty much stay planted.

Some people (and magazines) think the KR's spoiler is unique and new. Either way, the most efficient spoiler for the intended purpose was chosen

That's what I was saying. It's really surprised me how few people, again outside of us, know this spoiler even existed! I've had a lot of positive comments on mine of course I wish it was on a KR, but heh! :)

I really think no one really paid much attention to the V6 and not all that many have this spoiler. Enthusiasts like us are the the only ones that know based on the "man of the street" comments I've had. I see a lot of V6's running around with a standard GT spoiler these days. It might be an option now I'm too lazy to look at the 07/08 My.

Again this is all subjective and personal preference as has been said, you can directly bolt on any Ford spoiler you want and save the old one.

I was able to visit the AUTO ALLIANCE PLANT in Flat Rock this past Thursday; saw a load of GT and

v/6 new Mustangs in the Shipping Lot and all the v/6 stangs I saw had the "KR spoiler" on them or

"v/6 spoiler" depending on what you want to call it??????????????????????????

Did not see any GT500s though.............

I hate the look of the KR spoiler, but if there was a legit need to do it that way its understandable. Personally I think they just had a bunch of v6 spoilers and were looking for a way to save money. The small ducktail on the new premium coupe would have looked better IMHO. That said, its still a helluva nice car, were living in some good times. Well, except for we got 4.00+ dollar gallons of premium...:hysterical:

KC666

Archived