TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Released from the Plant

Jesse_Bolt

Mine went from released from plant to "AT RAMP" Ford c/s told me that it meant it at the ramp to be loaded.It was not the case they gave me that status on Tuesday and it delivered in Atlanta on Wednesday.So from what I can tell when it goes to the at RAMP status it has more than likly already shipped and is very close to delivery. I know each destination will be different but I think you can count on it being close when the status changes.

Mine never got a railcar number assigned to it according to what Ford C/S was telling me and I would call 2 times a day.

Thanks 'burnedgt500' for the information. "AT RAMP" is the next status I need to look (and hope) for. I was told up front my Shelby GT500 could arrive on the lot before a status update and/or rail car number. The order guy at Hastings Ford also checks the distribution center in Winston-Salem where my Shelby GT500 will go. He said if Ford doesn't update the status quickly enough, the distribution center will post information on the Shelby GT500 when it arrives at the distribution center. Checking late Friday afternoon, my status was still "Released from the Plant" and the distribution center didn't have any information. With all that, my Shelby GT500 could show up this weekend. Hastings Ford has 24/7 drop shipping.

I am happy for your successful delivery 'burnedgt500'.

JB

If you really want accurate information on the status of your car I highly recommend trying to get in touch with Ralph. My nerves have calmed since talking with him Friday. I've got <14 days until I'll be pounding the pavement!

I took your advice 'yenrod' and called Ralph this morning. I really didn't want to bother him as I'm certain he has more to do than field customer service calls. Given my dilemma of being past my estimated delivery date and not knowing where my Shelby GT500 is, I gave him a call. Ralph told me my Shelby GT500 status had been updated within the last hour and it was turned over to the shipper. He gave me the standard 10 to 14 days before it arrives at my local dealer Hastings Ford in Greenville, NC.

The explanation to the delays were the stripes with the outside vendor being overwhelmed by too many Shelbys and the clutch inspection. Ralph told me I was talking to one of four people whom actually performed the clutch inspection on almost 900 Shelbys. I told him I appreciated his effort. Ralph when on to explain what is called a twin disk clutch. Manufactured in Italy, it is smaller in diameter and the two disks give it the surface area of a larger diameter clutch.

I guess it want be long now. I'm starting to feel just like I did when I started this thread way back on Aug 21st.

JB

Hi

I am in delivery limbo as well...was built Aug 4th, no real info on delivery date since all the delays. Like you, I hate to bother Ralph but it seams he is the only person that actually has information and will share it. Can you advise the phone number or how to contact him? I would really like to follow up on my car and see where it is...

Thanks, Bert.

I took your advice 'yenrod' and called Ralph this morning. I really didn't want to bother him as I'm certain he has more to do than field customer service calls. Given my dilemma of being past my estimated delivery date and not knowing where my Shelby GT500 is, I gave him a call. Ralph told me my Shelby GT500 status had been updated within the last hour and it was turned over to the shipper. He gave me the standard 10 to 14 days before it arrives at my local dealer Hastings Ford in Greenville, NC.

The explanation to the delays were the stripes with the outside vendor being overwhelmed by too many Shelbys and the clutch inspection. Ralph told me I was talking to one of four people whom actually performed the clutch inspection on almost 900 Shelbys. I told him I appreciated his effort. Ralph when on to explain what is called a twin disk clutch. Manufactured in Italy, it is smaller in diameter and the two disks give it the surface area of a larger diameter clutch.

I guess it want be long now. I'm starting to feel just like I did when I started this thread way back on Aug 21st.

JB

That is exactly what he told me (delivery time too). A very nice guy, he even asked that I call him back after I have had the car for a while to let him know what I think of it. I would normally not of bothered him either, but I was getting a little paranoid from descrepencies of what Ford c/s and my dealer were telling me. (maybe my dealer was bidding my car out??) Anyway, Ralph has calmed my nerves considerably, for now anyway.

Hi

I am in delivery limbo as well...was built Aug 4th, no real info on delivery date since all the delays. Like you, I hate to bother Ralph but it seams he is the only person that actually has information and will share it. Can you advise the phone number or how to contact him? I would really like to follow up on my car and see where it is...

Thanks, Bert.

Ralph Arning, 734-782-7800

JB

Jesse, Here is a pic of the twin disc clutch

That is exactly what he told me (delivery time too). A very nice guy, he even asked that I call him back after I have had the car for a while to let him know what I think of it. I would normally not of bothered him either, but I was getting a little paranoid from descrepencies of what Ford c/s and my dealer were telling me. (maybe my dealer was bidding my car out??) Anyway, Ralph has calmed my nerves considerably, for now anyway.

Ralph Arning, 734-782-7800

Thanks for the help...I hope to get good news...

Bert

I got a railcar number today: ETTX908693 with an estimated delivery date of 9/17 in Winston-Salem, NC

I went to the Norfolk Southern web site to track it. Found out they call it trace. I guess tracks are the railroad track. Anyway, I stumbled across the registration process so I called their 1-800 number. The voice activation system didn't like the static in the phone line. Eventually I got a live voice and gave her my rail car number. She told me it was "AT RAMP". My first thought was Dearborn, MI. Then she said it was at Winston-Salem, NC. I told her I had an estimated delivery date of 9/17 and she confirmed that was correct. She went on to say the rail car was dropped off at 2:00am on 9/11. Now I having the duel emotions of excitement and doubt at the same time so I question her ¿Are you sure? She asks me if I have my VIN. I gave it to her and she verified my Shelby GT500 was in fact on that rail car in Winston-Salem, NC.

Next I called the order guy, Pete McClung at Hastings Ford to tell him what I've found. He immediately checked his information at the Winston-Salem rail yard and as of right now, nothing has been loaded into the system. I'll keep checking, or should I say worrying the crap outta Pete.

It won't be long now.

JB

I got a railcar number today: ETTX908693 with an estimated delivery date of 9/17 in Winston-Salem, NC

I went to the Norfolk Southern web site to track it. Found out they call it trace. I guess tracks are the railroad track. Anyway, I stumbled across the registration process so I called their 1-800 number. The voice activation system didn't like the static in the phone line. Eventually I got a live voice and gave her my rail car number. She told me it was "AT RAMP". My first thought was Dearborn, MI. Then she said it was at Winston-Salem, NC. I told her I had an estimated delivery date of 9/17 and she confirmed that was correct. She went on to say the rail car was dropped off at 2:00am on 9/11. Now I having the duel emotions of excitement and doubt at the same time so I question her ¿Are you sure? She asks me if I have my VIN. I gave it to her and she verified my Shelby GT500 was in fact on that rail car in Winston-Salem, NC.

Next I called the order guy, Pete McClung at Hastings Ford to tell him what I've found. He immediately checked his information at the Winston-Salem rail yard and as of right now, nothing has been loaded into the system. I'll keep checking, or should I say worrying the crap outta Pete.

It won't be long now.

JB

Cool JB. The last week is HELL!! You are almost there.

Who did you get the rail car # from, the dealer?

Yes. Pete, the order guy at Hastings Ford gets a computer print-out, usually every other day giving the status of their cars & trucks on order. Given my situation had some activity, I guess Pete had another report run Tuesday and my rail car number was on it. I dunno what time these reports are run, but it wouldn't surprise me that Mondays report got run just before my information got updated.

I'm working second shift this week. On the way to work I stopped by Hastings Ford, looking to see if my Shelby GT500 got delivered. Checked at lunchtime, 7:00pm and on the way home from work. Between lunch and after work, four new vehicles were dropped off. No Shelby GT500.

JB

Update: From the last information I received, I believe my Shelby GT500 was dispatched from the rail yard in Winston-Salem, NC just before noon on Wednesday September 13th. I had to work 2nd shift (2:30pm to 11:30pm) and stopped by Hastings Ford on the way to work. Obviously I was there before it could have arrived. I wanted to stop by again before they closed; unfortunately I went to lunch around 8:00pm, after they closed. If my Shelby GT500 arrived before they closed, I'm certain it's locked up inside. I checked again when I got off work after 11:30pm and it wasn't in their drop-off lot; as being delivered between 8:00pm and 11:45pm.

I plan on stopping by Hastings Ford early Thursday morning.

JB

FINALLY ARRIVED ! ! !

9-14-06.jpg

I worked 2nd shift today 2:30pm to 11:30pm and I have to work 6:30am to 3:30pm; not much time to elaborate. However, the arrival of this Shelby GT500 at Hastings Ford was a big event; about 35 people showed up. Will supply more details Friday night. I'll go back to Hastings Ford at 4:00pm on Friday to write the BIG check and some more photo ops. Not sure if it will become a media frenzy.

JB

Archived