TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Released from the Plant

Jesse_Bolt

My ebony black with performance white strips Shelby GT500 has been released from the plant. The release date is the week of 8/24. Upon further investigation, my car is in fact on a rail car. Do not have a rail car number yet; and may not get a rail car number. The destination is Winston-Salem NC. It is my understanding these rail cars go to mixing centers and could get held up.

JB

Guest evilchris

My ebony black with performance white strips Shelby GT500 has been released from the plant. The release date is the week of 8/24. Upon further investigation, my car is in fact on a rail car. Do not have a rail car number yet; and may not get a rail car number. The destination is Winston-Salem NC. It is my understanding these rail cars go to mixing centers and could get held up.

JB

DON'T TRACK THE RAILCAR!!! Don't even find out your number! It was misery! I did on my GT and what happens is you hit refresh every 3.23 minutes, and then the rail car goes back in time a lot, stops indefinitely, sits, moves 1 foot, sits. It's horrible. Mine sat in Pomona CA, like 20 minutes from the railyard, for over 24 hours.

DON'T TRACK THE RAILCAR!!! Don't even find out your number! It was misery! I did on my GT and what happens is you hit refresh every 3.23 minutes, and then the rail car goes back in time a lot, stops indefinitely, sits, moves 1 foot, sits. It's horrible. Mine sat in Pomona CA, like 20 minutes from the railyard, for over 24 hours.

You aren't going to believe this, I was more anxious to get my 2007 Ranger XLT, which I picked up Saturday, than I am about getting the GT500. The difference is, the Ranger is going to be my everyday driver and I've been relying on a beater since June. Additionally, I've offered my dealer Hastings Ford to keep the GT500 on the lot for a month after I pay for it. You know the rest of the story so we don't need to hash it out again.

As for the rail car tracking number, the order guy at Hastings Ford, Pete McClung, said he may or may not get the tracking number. He said sometimes he'll get a rail car number after the car is sitting on the lot. A more reliable indicator is when the car is picked up by the delivery truck in Winston-Salem NC. He said he typically gets a notification when that happens. Again, that may not happen either.

JB

You aren't going to believe this, I was more anxious to get my 2007 Ranger XLT, which I picked up Saturday, than I am about getting the GT500. The difference is, the Ranger is going to be my everyday driver and I've been relying on a beater since June. Additionally, I've offered my dealer Hastings Ford to keep the GT500 on the lot for a month after I pay for it. You know the rest of the story so we don't need to hash it out again.

As for the rail car tracking number, the order guy at Hastings Ford, Pete McClung, said he may or may not get the tracking number. He said sometimes he'll get a rail car number after the car is sitting on the lot. A more reliable indicator is when the car is picked up by the delivery truck in Winston-Salem NC. He said he typically gets a notification when that happens. Again, that may not happen either.

JB

Hey, Jess and Evil, you guys are right on with that info. I was in contact with a guy named Ralph at the Flat Rock Mich plant, my car went to rail on Aug 14, and it would take 10 to 14 days to get to New Brunswick eastern Canada which can be driven by car in 20 hours give or take a few, he also told me that the car would probably be delivered before the dealer got a rail number, and yes he also said it was going to take one heck of a tour of the good old U.S. of A. before entering Canada, just like Evil said it would be frustrating to keep track of.

Jesse, is your XLT a 4x4, auto,4.3L. I purchased a new one in 2003, I loved the looks and the ride, but it was a complete hog on fuel, I avg 15-18 mpg on the highway, for a everyday driver thats not good, but it might have been just that one, anyway good luck with it and the Shelby.

Hey, Jess and Evil, you guys are right on with that info. I was in contact with a guy named Ralph at the Flat Rock Mich plant, my car went to rail on Aug 14, and it would take 10 to 14 days to get to New Brunswick eastern Canada which can be driven by car in 20 hours give or take a few, he also told me that the car would probably be delivered before the dealer got a rail number, and yes he also said it was going to take one heck of a tour of the good old U.S. of A. before entering Canada, just like Evil said it would be frustrating to keep track of.

Jesse, is your XLT a 4x4, auto,4.3L. I purchased a new one in 2003, I loved the looks and the ride, but it was a complete hog on fuel, I avg 15-18 mpg on the highway, for a everyday driver thats not good, but it might have been just that one, anyway good luck with it and the Shelby.

'svtkeith', here is a link to my Ranger thread. Not sure what the gas mileage is yet. Only put 50 miles on the clock thus far. I got the 3.slow with a 5MOD.

I'm going to call my dealer Hastings Ford Wednesday morning for an update on the Shelby if they have an update. If not, so be it. I'm not exactly dying to get it this minute or the next. I am thinking about giving my salesman a camera to take some pictures of it on the truck and unloading it.

Thanks to this forum, I can't remember whom supplied the information, but I called Ralph and asked about the progress of my Shelby GT500 during the build week. He was able to share some general progress, nothing I felt worth posting. Ralph was extremely kind and we discussed some manufacturing methods of the Mustang. No doubt about it, Ralph is a highly dedicated employee.

JB

I stopped by my dealership, Hastings Ford, today to drop off a disposable camera to hopefully get some pictures of my Shelby GT500 being unloaded off the car carrier. I was informed my dealer has 24 hour drop off service, meaning no one will be there if the Shelby arrives after Hastings Ford closes. Ole well, I try.

Update, same as usual, still on a rail car between Dearborn MI and Winston-Salem NC. No rail car number.

JB

Guest evilchris

I stopped by my dealership, Hastings Ford, today to drop off a disposable camera to hopefully get some pictures of my Shelby GT500 being unloaded off the car carrier. I was informed my dealer has 24 hour drop off service, meaning no one will be there if the Shelby arrives after Hastings Ford closes. Ole well, I try.

Update, same as usual, still on a rail car between Dearborn MI and Winston-Salem NC. No rail car number.

JB

If you really want the railcar # try this. Call 800-392-ford, give them your VIN, and ask for the "status code". It should be the railcar. Was for my GT, and they aren't shipping these any differently.

If you really want the railcar # try this. Call 800-392-ford, give them your VIN, and ask for the "status code". It should be the railcar. Was for my GT, and they aren't shipping these any differently.

I just got home from work and tried the number. The offices are closed. I'll try in the morning. I want to give the rail car number to the order guy, Pete. He'll be amazed if I get it before him. Thanks 'evilchris'.

JB

The week of 08/07/06.

JB

Hey JB,

Exact date 08/07/06 of my Shelby also, I was told by my dealer that the car was sent to rail on Aug 14 and the ETA from the dealership was Aug 8 to Aug 25, then I called Ford customer service and was told ETA date was Aug 8 to Aug 31. I called the dealership once more and I was told the ETA would be from Aug8 to Aug 21. In an attempt to get the right information I called the Flat Rock, Michigan plant and spoke to some guy named Ralph (734-782-7800), he confirmed that the car went to rail on August 14, and that it will be a 10-14 day wait until it reached the dealership, but I am going to try the same number Evil gave us to see what they say.

Good Luck and keep me posted. I will let you know if I hear anything from this end, maybe the cars will show up at both dealerships at the same time...........who knows.

svtkeith

Hey JB,

Exact date 08/07/06 of my Shelby also, I was told by my dealer that the car was sent to rail on Aug 14 and the ETA from the dealership was Aug 8 to Aug 25, then I called Ford customer service and was told ETA date was Aug 8 to Aug 31. I called the dealership once more and I was told the ETA would be from Aug8 to Aug 21. In an attempt to get the right information I called the Flat Rock, Michigan plant and spoke to some guy named Ralph (734-782-7800), he confirmed that the car went to rail on August 14, and that it will be a 10-14 day wait until it reached the dealership, but I am going to try the same number Evil gave us to see what they say.

Good Luck and keep me posted. I will let you know if I hear anything from this end, maybe the cars will show up at both dealerships at the same time...........who knows.

svtkeith

Good luck man. The uncertainty is an absolute gut bomb :doh:

Hey JB,

'svtkeith', I believe your Shelby was built before mine. I have a completion date of August 14th. My release date is August 16th or 17th. I didn't write it down because I was told the fact it was released was significant; meaning it had passed all the quality inspections. As for the absence of a rail car number, one explanation is the Shelby could be sitting on a dock at the rail yard waiting to be loaded on a rail car. Also told when the car is turned over to the shipper, it's out of Fords' hands as to exactly when and what happens.

Good luck to you too 'svtkeith'. This whole adventure is exciting to me. I'm also appreciative of the information this forum has provided.

JB

'svtkeith', I believe your Shelby was built before mine. I have a completion date of August 14th. My release date is August 16th or 17th. I didn't write it down because I was told the fact it was released was significant; meaning it had passed all the quality inspections. As for the absence of a rail car number, one explanation is the Shelby could be sitting on a dock at the rail yard waiting to be loaded on a rail car. Also told when the car is turned over to the shipper, it's out of Fords' hands as to exactly when and what happens.

Good luck to you too 'svtkeith'. This whole adventure is exciting to me. I'm also appreciative of the information this forum has provided.

JB

Hey JB,

I think I got good news for you. If your information is correct that our vehicles have build dates one week apart, you should be receiving your car between the 1st and 7th of September. I finally got my rail # yesterday and the car will be at the dealership on the 28th or 29th. So judging by the dates so far, your car should be in one week later than mine. Hope So, Good Luck JB. Keep me informed.

Damn, am I ever excited now!

svtkeith

Hey JB,

I think I got good news for you. If your information is correct that our vehicles have build dates one week apart, you should be receiving your car between the 1st and 7th of September. I finally got my rail # yesterday and the car will be at the dealership on the 28th or 29th. So judging by the dates so far, your car should be in one week later than mine. Hope So, Good Luck JB. Keep me informed.

You might be correct 'svtkeith'. I haven't got a rail car number yet. I called the 1-800 number twice last week. The first time, a guy answered the phone and made some calls trying to get more information than just the release date. The second time, a girl answered and she told me they do not give out rail car numbers; I'd have to get that from my dealership.

Friday, I was going to my dealer, Hastings Ford, and ask Pete for the latest update. Well work got in the way and it was around 6:00pm and Pete had left for the weekend. I stopped by Hastings Ford this morning and their information is the same, just a release date to the rail company. Analyzing the information we have, my Shelby GT500 was actually released before the scheduled release date of 8/24. Pete said he usually gets a computer print out listing the status of vehicles on order and that hasn't been updated since my Shelby GT500 was released. He said he could request Ford to find my Shelby GT500 five business days past the scheduled release date of 8/24. I'm thinking the next information will come when the Shelby GT500 gets to Winston-Salem, NC.

Good luck with your Shelby GT500 'svtkeith'. At least you've got a rail car number.

JB

Hey JB,

svtkeith

Hey SVTKeith:

Did your car arrive? First impressions? What was your final decision on the interior - did you go with the crimson inserts?

There have been 2 stop ships. One for stripes and the latest one for a near zero mile clutch issue. The clutch issue may be from the car haulers starting out in 3rd gear they think. The other was a stripe issue. The cars will show released from plant in Fords' computer system but that is when they come off the final assembley line. After that, the cars go down the street to get their stripes put on. Form there they go back to the shipper. The shipper can then put the car on the correct truck to go to either the dealership if local or to rail yard. If the shipper sees a problem with something such as a bubble in the stripes, it goes back in line to get fixed.

I have been waiting for a car that was released 7/27/06. My customer got to see part of the build on his car, and between 2 stop ships, stripes and now a chip in the door jam paint, the car has still not arrived. Fortunatlly he understands what goes on at plants, "has friends that work there" and has givin me updates on his car that I couldn't get from Ford. I know a lot of key resources at Ford and the info I got from him was 2 days before the info I got from my sources who are about 2 weeks ahead of the 1-800-people.

Be patient people, Ford wants your cars to be perfect when you get them

There have been 2 stop ships. One for stripes and the latest one for a near zero mile clutch issue. The clutch issue may be from the car haulers starting out in 3rd gear they think. The other was a stripe issue. The cars will show released from plant in Fords' computer system but that is when they come off the final assembley line. After that, the cars go down the street to get their stripes put on. Form there they go back to the shipper. The shipper can then put the car on the correct truck to go to either the dealership if local or to rail yard. If the shipper sees a problem with something such as a bubble in the stripes, it goes back in line to get fixed.

I have been waiting for a car that was released 7/27/06. My customer got to see part of the build on his car, and between 2 stop ships, stripes and now a chip in the door jam paint, the car has still not arrived. Fortunatlly he understands what goes on at plants, "has friends that work there" and has givin me updates on his car that I couldn't get from Ford. I know a lot of key resources at Ford and the info I got from him was 2 days before the info I got from my sources who are about 2 weeks ahead of the 1-800-people.

Be patient people, Ford wants your cars to be perfect when you get them

You are correct 'scode'. Pete, the order guy at Hastings Ford called Ford MoCo on Thursday and requested the latest status on my Shelby GT500. Still showing released from the plant. He asked ¿where was it? and was told my Shelby GT500 was down the street at an outside vendor putting the stripes on the car. After that, it goes back to the plant to be turned over to the shipper; in my case gets shuttled to the rail yard, then to a mixing station where the destination will be Winston-Salem NC. My best guess is, my Shelby GT500 will be unloaded from the first rail car and reloaded on the next rail car. It's is my belief, the second rail car is the one where we will get a rail car number for tracking if we get a rail car number.

JB

Hey SVTKeith:

Did your car arrive? First impressions? What was your final decision on the interior - did you go with the crimson inserts?

Thanks for asking Leafsfreak, and YES, YES - I have it finally. Just drove home from dealer which was a 6 hour drive. First impressions was WOW! Earlier posts that "pictures do not do it justice" is absolutely right. I also looked over the stripping, they could have done a better job on the stripping, overlapse look terrible and only found two small bubbles, which I pierced with a small needle then pushed the air out and it worked - no more bubbles. OTher than that - the car is flawless. Power is awesome, more powerful than my 04 term when it was stock. Clutch - no comparison to the 04 term. SO much better and smooth as butter shifting. I am not getting that chatter other people on this site have found in the clutch. The ride on the highway- in one word- Wonderful. Seats - comfortable. I drove around the city for awhile before hitting the highway- I did not get that slack in the drivetrain feel (clunky), like the 04 term. Paint +1.

I went with the all black interior. But my first order was crimson but at that time nobody knew what shade of red would be used. So I played it safe. I do not think you could go wrong either way. Stitching on the dash looks awesome and no rattles or squeaks. And man, what an attention getter, if you like that sort of thing, Don't get me wrong, I like the 04 Term but the Shelby is superior in every way.

If I would have ordered crimson - my preference would have been red inserts on the seats along with red stitching, but no red on the door panels. Just my 2 cents.

Leafsfreak, did you get your Shelby yet? and what color are you getting? Oh by the way, mine is red with white stripes. Good Luck and keep me posted.

I'll post some pics tomorrow, when I get some sleep.

svtkeith

svtkeith

Thanks for asking Leafsfreak, and YES, YES - I have it finally. Just drove home from dealer which was a 6 hour drive. First impressions was WOW! Earlier posts that "pictures do not do it justice" is absolutely right. I also looked over the stripping, they could have done a better job on the stripping, overlapse look terrible and only found two small bubbles, which I pierced with a small needle then pushed the air out and it worked - no more bubbles. OTher than that - the car is flawless. Power is awesome, more powerful than my 04 term when it was stock. Clutch - no comparison to the 04 term. SO much better and smooth as butter shifting. I am not getting that chatter other people on this site have found in the clutch. The ride on the highway- in one word- Wonderful. Seats - comfortable. I drove around the city for awhile before hitting the highway- I did not get that slack in the drivetrain feel (clunky), like the 04 term. Paint +1.

I went with the all black interior. But my first order was crimson but at that time nobody knew what shade of red would be used. So I played it safe. I do not think you could go wrong either way. Stitching on the dash looks awesome and no rattles or squeaks. And man, what an attention getter, if you like that sort of thing, Don't get me wrong, I like the 04 Term but the Shelby is superior in every way.

If I would have ordered crimson - my preference would have been red inserts on the seats along with red stitching, but no red on the door panels. Just my 2 cents.

Leafsfreak, did you get your Shelby yet? and what color are you getting? Oh by the way, mine is red with white stripes. Good Luck and keep me posted.

Congratulations 'svtkeith'!!! I am happy for you as all I get to see is a picture of my ebony black with performance white stripes hauling ass in the rain, running late for a crash test. Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your new Shelby GT500. Hope you get a good nights sleep; the morning should be like Christmas.

JB

svtkeith

svtkeith

Congratulations SVTKeith. Glad to hear you got your car.. can't wait to see pictures. I went with the same colour combination but with the crimson interior. I spoke with Ralph this week and my car is built and should be shipped this coming week. I originally intended on going with grabber orange; however, changed my mind when they wouldn't allow white stripes in Canada. By the way, I'm in Hfx and we spoke by phone earlier on in this odyssey when we were trying to determine pricing levels. I'm sure you didn't have much sleep last night but get out there and get those pictures taken and enjoy your car! Once again congratulations.

Bob

Congratulations 'svtkeith'!!! I am happy for you as all I get to see is a picture of my ebony black with performance white stripes hauling ass in the rain, running late for a crash test. Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your new Shelby GT500. Hope you get a good nights sleep; the morning should be like Christmas.

JB

Hey JB,

Thanks, like I stated before, according to the dates, I would say you should be receiving yours between the 9th and 13th of September. White and Black should look awesome. Believe me, the car will be worth the wait. I went cruising today and I'm liking it better by the mile. JB - where are you from? Maybe in the future we can have a Shelby gathering. Good Luck for now, JB and here are some pics.

svtkeith

JB

Hey JB,

Thanks, like I stated before, according to the dates, I would say you should be receiving yours between the 9th and 13th of September. White and Black should look awesome. Believe me, the car will be worth the wait. I went cruising today and I'm liking it better by the mile. JB - where are you from? Maybe in the future we can have a Shelby gathering. Good Luck for now, JB and here are some pics.

svtkeith

JB

Hey JB,

svtkeith

post-3019-1157251373_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251418_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251450_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251481_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251509_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251573_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251629_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251658_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251697_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251789_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251804_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251819_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251830_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251845_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251857_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251909_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251948_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157252116_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251373_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251418_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251450_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251481_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251509_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251573_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251629_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251658_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251697_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251789_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251804_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251819_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251830_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251845_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251857_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251909_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157251948_thumb.jpg

post-3019-1157252116_thumb.jpg

Congratulations SVTKeith. Glad to hear you got your car.. can't wait to see pictures. I went with the same colour combination but with the crimson interior. I spoke with Ralph this week and my car is built and should be shipped this coming week. I originally intended on going with grabber orange; however, changed my mind when they wouldn't allow white stripes in Canada. By the way, I'm in Hfx and we spoke by phone earlier on in this odyssey when we were trying to determine pricing levels. I'm sure you didn't have much sleep last night but get out there and get those pictures taken and enjoy your car! Once again congratulations.

Bob

Hey Bob,

Sorry, I sort of forgot, but I do remember our conversation now. If I'm not mistaken, you are getting your car from Avalon Ford in Nfld. Yes, I agree, crimson will look sweet, especially now that we know that the red inserts is a bright red and matches the exterior. But like I stated before, delete the red door panels and it would be perfect - just my two cents. In our conversation about prices, I understood you were going to be paying 5k over MSRP, but it's still worth it. believe me. Ralph, the shipper, is a very helpful guy. If he told you that your car will be shipped next week, look at 14 to 18 days before delivery, still gives you time to cruise that beauty around town. Are you planning any mods to your car, if so, what are they? A good shop is JDM Engineering in New Jersey (732-780-0770) ask for Jim Jr., tell him you know Keith in Canada and he'll help you out. They helped me mod my 04 Term. He's very professional. There's no shop in Nova Scotia that knows squat about modding these cars. You have to know the proper air/fuel ratio. Had my dyno testing done on my 04 term from Dynomite, out of Dartmouth. (David Forbrigger - good guy - loves Mustangs).

If you don't have your car by September 29th, I have a union meeting in Burnside Park, Simmonds Drive.(Painters Union Building). My car will be there all day, you're welcome to check it out. We should get together when you get your car and have a few brews.

Good Luck for now Bob. If I can help you with some more info, just post it. I will get to you. Check out my pics on JB's post. That's me walking in back of the car checking out the stripes.

svtkeith

How do I track a rail car if I have the number

I'm not sure because I haven't tracked one yet. I think you would go to the railroad company's web site and inquire there about tracking.

When I started this thread, I was told "Released from the Plant" meant my Shelby GT500 had come off the assembly line, passed all quality inspections and was turned over to the shipping carrier to be loaded on a rail car. Obviously that hasn't happened. The estimated date of delivery has come and gone and still no Shelby GT500. Even called FoMoCo customer service today for the latest update. Not surprisingly I was told the same olé tired and worn out status of "Released from the Plant".

If you've got a rail car number 'Kickstand', I'm happy for you. I'm wishing you a safe and successful delivery.

JB

I'm not sure because I haven't tracked one yet. I think you would go to the railroad company's web site and inquire there about tracking.

When I started this thread, I was told "Released from the Plant" meant my Shelby GT500 had come off the assembly line, passed all quality inspections and was turned over to the shipping carrier to be loaded on a rail car. Obviously that hasn't happened. The estimated date of delivery has come and gone and still no Shelby GT500. Even called FoMoCo customer service today for the latest update. Not surprisingly I was told the same olé tired and worn out status of "Released from the Plant".

If you've got a rail car number 'Kickstand', I'm happy for you. I'm wishing you a safe and successful delivery.

JB

Mine went from released from plant to "AT RAMP" Ford c/s told me that it meant it at the ramp to be loaded.It was not the case they gave me that status on Tuesday and it delivered in Atlanta on Wednesday.So from what I can tell when it goes to the at RAMP status it has more than likly already shipped and is very close to delivery. I know each destination will be different but I think you can count on it being close when the status changes.

Mine never got a railcar number assigned to it according to what Ford C/S was telling me and I would call 2 times a day.

Archived