TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quantum Performance Open House!!

TClark1976

On Saturday, 5/31/08, Quantum Performance in Texas will be holding their "GRAND OPENING" / Open House event!! :happy feet:

That being said, here's the reason for my posting this topic:

I will be driving my SGT down from Minneapolis, MN to Farmers Branch, TX where Quantum Performance is located. I'll be leaving MN sometime the beginning of that week. . . . Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, 5/26, 5/27, or 5/28 to drive down there. :shift:

1) Is anyone planning to attend the event?

2) Anyone along I-35 between MN and TX is planning on attending the event?

3) If yes to above - If it works out - would anyone be interested in meeting me on the Hwy for this road trip?

I'm planning on dropping my SGT off for a day or two and taking delivery on the day of the Grand Opening Event. And then of course making the road trip back home. It would be cool to have some other SGTs on the road with me at the same time, even just to meet some of y'all along the way or at the event! :superhero:

I'm planning on making some kind of road-trip thread out of this or something like that and will, of course, post plenty of pictures once someone shows me how. I'll have my laptop and digital camera with me and could take/post pictures along the way as I make the trip.

Happy motoring!!

Trevor

Edited to clarify - not necessarilly to ride along with me - maybe just to meet me on the road! SGT Road Trip Gang :hyper2:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just there this past weekend for our car clubs annual dyno day. The place is top notch along with the team that works there. I will be attending the open house. The shop is only 20 min away from where I live. I will be posting some pics from this past weekend in another post. C you there and safe travels.

Adam

I am really looking forward to this event and the road trip to get there. I don't get to drive my SGT that often as I am away from home quite a bit. So - this road trip will probably account for about 80% of the miles put on this year!

This is going to be my frist event/experience with Shelby and the "Shelby Family" Eventually, I'll make the trip out to SAI in Las Vegas.

I might even look into a trip to Las Vegas on one of my weeks off that I get each month :party:

I'm starting to feel a little bit like the :baby: in the group here (No disrespect meant by that comment) :play:

I'm simply taking into account the fact that I was born 4 years before USA beat the Russians in Hockey at Lake Placid..............

I wasn't present for, or involved with the first round of 'Shelby' legend. When I saw my SGT on the showroom floor, I knew at that moment that I didn't want to miss out this time around!

T

On Saturday, 5/31/08, Quantum Performance in Texas will be holding their "GRAND OPENING" / Open House event!! :happy feet:

That being said, here's the reason for my posting this topic:

I will be driving my SGT down from Minneapolis, MN to Farmers Branch, TX where Quantum Performance is located. I'll be leaving MN sometime the beginning of that week. . . . Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, 5/26, 5/27, or 5/28 to drive down there. :shift:

1) Is anyone planning to attend the event?

2) Anyone along I-35 between MN and TX is planning on attending the event?

3) If yes to above - If it works out - would anyone be interested in meeting me on the Hwy for this road trip?

I'm planning on dropping my SGT off for a day or two and taking delivery on the day of the Grand Opening Event. And then of course making the road trip back home. It would be cool to have some other SGTs on the road with me at the same time, even just to meet some of y'all along the way or at the event! :superhero:

I'm planning on making some kind of road-trip thread out of this or something like that and will, of course, post plenty of pictures once someone shows me how. I'll have my laptop and digital camera with me and could take/post pictures along the way as I make the trip.

Happy motoring!!

Trevor

Edited to clarify - not necessarilly to ride along with me - maybe just to meet me on the road! SGT Road Trip Gang :hyper2:

What all is planned for this Grand Opening??? My vacation starts that weekend, and I'm heading to Florida from West Texas anyway, so I may just head down there that Friday evening and be there for that Saturday morning...would like to know what all is planned though...any door prizes? give aways?

too far?

Let that SS eat some miles!

Bet you end up wishing it was further! :hysterical:

+1 Come on MM, it ain't THAT far from Georgia to Texas! I'll bet its further for me to Dallas from Odessa than it is for you from Georgia to Dallas! LOL

Besides, we may not ever get another chance to see a real SS but here...IF you show up that is!!!

Sorry for the multiple posts...my computer kinda locked up and I guess I got click happy...oops!

I would really like to see a real Shelby Super Snake with my own eyes!!

I guess I'll have to wait until my trip out to Las Vegas later this year! <_<

Oh yeah. . . . . . it'd be nice to meet you too MM!!

Trevor,

You'll pass within 2 miles of my place on the north side of OKC. It's still about 3.5 hours to Dallas from here.

I'll have to check with the wife, but I am curious to learn more about Quantum, as I would consider having them do my Terlingua upfit rather than shipping to 'Vegas.

You'll pass within 2 miles of my place on the north side of OKC. It's still about 3.5 hours to Dallas from here.

I'll have to check with the wife, but I am curious to learn more about Quantum, as I would consider having them do my Terlingua upfit rather than shipping to 'Vegas.

That's awesome - I sent you a PM with some info - Would be cool if we could meet up on the road on the way down!

As we get closer to the event - I'll pin down what day I'm going to drive down.

Trevor

What all is planned for this Grand Opening??? My vacation starts that weekend, and I'm heading to Florida from West Texas anyway, so I may just head down there that Friday evening and be there for that Saturday morning...would like to know what all is planned though...any door prizes? give aways?

From what I've been told. . . . .

Several Vendor Reps will be there, SSBC, K&N, Magnaflow, Hypertech, Eibach, Dynamat, Eaton Spring, Crane Cams, Energy Suspension

and few others I'm sure. Lots of give aways and demos. Dyno will be up and running (not sure of cost) Burgers/Dogs and free Beverage.

I'm waiting on something a little more official to come from Quantum Performance. I did ask if they could jump in here and post some info!

Hope to see you and maybe your SGT there!

Trevor

• 4 weeks later...

I'm all set for the Open House Road Trip now!

Slight change in plans for me though. Since I will have a Co-Pilot, and they will need my car there for 2 days to get everything installed and lined up properly, I'm going to be driving straight through from Minneapolis to Farmers Branch. I'll be hitting Kansas City, MO by around 6:00pm and pulling through OKC, OK in the very early hours of Thursday morning. I'm hoping to get to Quantum Performance to drop my car off by around 8:00am on Thursday. Then I'll be sitting around in Farmers Branch for 2 days with nothing much to do while waiting for the Open House event!

Has anyone else decided that they are going now?

Here's a link with all the event info! http://quantum-perf.com/Grand%20Opening%20...neric%203.0.pdf

Trevor

Slight change in plans for me though. Since I will have a Co-Pilot, and they will need my car there for 2 days to get everything installed and lined up properly, I'm going to be driving straight through from Minneapolis to Farmers Branch. I'll be hitting Kansas City, MO by around 6:00pm and pulling through OKC, OK in the very early hours of Thursday morning. I'm hoping to get to Quantum Performance to drop my car off by around 8:00am on Thursday. Then I'll be sitting around in Farmers Branch for 2 days with nothing much to do while waiting for the Open House event!

Here's a link with all the event info! http://quantum-perf.com/Grand%20Opening%20...neric%203.0.pdf

Trevor

If you get bored sitting around I work two streets over from Quantum and I would be happy to put you to work! If you want some Texas hospitality for lunch PM me. You will not be disappointed with the group at Quantum!!!!!

Trevor

What are you having installed? A new hood scoop ?

Sorry I havent responed to this thread folks. Some how I lost it. I would have loved to come out. Especially to meet all yall.

I spoke with Glen at Quantum yesterday. I need to ask a question so I thought I would take a chance that they would know the answer. Of course HE did. Glen and the guys at Quantum seem to be GREAT folks and know what they are doing.

michael morris

Sorry I havent responed to this thread folks. Some how I lost it. I would have loved to come out. Especially to meet all yall.

I spoke with Glen at Quantum yesterday. I need to ask a question so I thought I would take a chance that they would know the answer. Of course HE did. Glen and the guys at Quantum seem to be GREAT folks and know what they are doing.

michael morris

Yep, and you can't have a last name cooler than Martini! (Glenn Martini)

I'm guessing Q.P. is in an industrial park back there - SGT0649, you work 2 streets over. . . . . what kind of business??

It's going to be my Father and I - the good old Father/Son bonding trip :party:

What are you having installed? A new hood scoop ?

I decided to avoid that mess all together. The list of things that are being done are in my Signature block below.

Having them put the CS6 Hood on with the stripes painted and burried in the clear. The lower grill with Lights and Duct bezels

and I'm going to have them take care of the camber bolts/alignment while down there. Not to mention flood my brain with ideas of what mods I want to complete in the future.

Trevor

I decided to avoid that mess all together. The list of things that are being done are in my Signature block below.

Having them put the CS6 Hood on with the stripes painted and burried in the clear. The lower grill with Lights and Duct bezels

and I'm going to have them take care of the camber bolts/alignment while down there. Not to mention flood my brain with ideas of what mods I want to complete in the future.

Trevor

LOL I don't blame you. Since they have the lower lights and brake duct kit, I wonder if they can sell to the public. Might have to give them another call. When I called them before, they were very knowledgeable about everything and their customer service seems to be pretty good. Much more than I can say about others.

................. Since they have the lower lights and brake duct kit, I wonder if they can sell to the public. Might have to give them another call...............

Here's where my knowledge gets a little sketchy. . . . . I'm thinking that if you have the Lower grille, driving lights and duct bezels installed at a mod shop - all be it SAI, Q.P., Tasca or the like - they get all the parts separately and install them as such. It's not so much a "Kit". . . . does that make sense?

If you look - you'll see that some folks have the lwr grille, lights and ducts..........I believe all of which were installed at the SAI Mod Shop when their SGT was upfitted, when their SGT was at another Mod Shop for GT/SC upgrades. . . . . . . . Those of us who bought our SGT's off the showroom floor and didn't have the luxury of having our mods done while it was at SAI have to bring ours back for the modification or plan on doing the work ourselves and order the parts separately when/if they come separately or as a "Kit"..............

Anyone else feel free to add to this if I'm completely off my rocker :lurk:

PS> They ordered all the parts from SPP. . . . . . . So. . . . . . . I'm not sure what that means exactly.

Trevor

WHAT???? You're telling us that Quantum HAS the lower lights and brake duct bezels??? WTF??? How much to have that installed if you don't mind my asking??? I'm dying waiting for those!!!

WHAT???? You're telling us that Quantum HAS the lower lights and brake duct bezels??? WTF??? How much to have that installed if you don't mind my asking??? I'm dying waiting for those!!!

:fear: WHOA!! I'm not trying to start anything here or throw Quantum under both axles of the bus. . . . . . I called Quantum for a quote, they sent me the info, I called Quantum back to order everything or at least put the deposit down on all items to be completed last week - Quantum called SPP to confirm THEY could order the hood and that all other parts needed were available - called me back to advise of the green light - and I haven't heard anything back from them that there's a problem getting the parts. . . . . . . . The hood and painted stripes were the main reason for the trip. Open House being on that same weekend was a bonus!!

PIAA Driving Lights:....$219.95

GT Duct Bezels:...........149.95

Lwr Grille (Polished).......79.95

Labor:.........................4.0 Hrs

:spend::spend::spend:

I guess I've stumbled into a significant, ongoing discussion that I was not aware of people having a huge problem with.

I don't know what that means exactly. . . . . . does that mean that the Mod Shops can get the parts - but Mr. Joe Public can not yet????

This could be a possibility. . . . I believe there's a bracket that they have to custom manufacture at the Mod Shop for the lights to mount into the Bezel. . . . . . . . . . They may not have figured how to mass produce that bracket yet? Please don't quote me on that - this is all just speculation as I had mentioned in my previous note. If I'm wrong - I'll admit I'm wrong. . . . . . but Quantum hasn't called me back to tell me to forget about driving 1000 miles to their shop 2 weeks from now..................................... :blink:

ONLY a guess :shrug: and I'm drawing on a memory from a conversation I had with someone about their lower grille and lights when I first joined the Forum on the old site.

:surrender:

I'm guessing Q.P. is in an industrial park back there - SGT0649, you work 2 streets over. . . . . what kind of business??

It's going to be my Father and I - the good old Father/Son bonding trip :party:

The area is an industrial/business park. Quantum built their two buildings brand new. One building is pretty much dedicated to the mod shop and the other has a retail store/parts counter in the front and service area and dyno in the back. My business is a fiber optic cable manufacturing and installation company.

Would y'all do me a favor and check in on my car while y'all are down there? (I think I'm catching on to this Southern thing!)

Your SGT is sitting down at Q.P.? I didn't know that - if I can decipher which one is yours. . . . would you like me to e-mail ya a photo of it???

Man - you and my Family member from out in California - "Clark17357" (Jim) are suffering without the SGT - talk about withdrawl. I'm addicted to driving my SGT.

Archived