TEAM SHELBY FORUM

hail damage saga continued...

fatboy

ok....

anyway i called the local Ford this morning about 8am she (the body shop manager) told me to bring the insurance adjustment and the car down there to see how bad the car was ...so i went down there but she wasnt there. talked to thier assist manager. he asked me if i brought the car and i said "Yes", but he didnt even look at the car.:do what: ...we waited on the "manager". she didnt show. so he wrote down my phone# and told me he would get her to call me in an hour. so i went home......and waited........and............waited

.................................fell asleep.............woke up at 1pm....and check my phone, but no phone messages. i know they are swamped because the assist. manager said they had 200 cars waiting to be fixed.

but anyway, so i called them back when i woke up at 1pm. she (the manager) answered :call: and said she looked at my adjustment and had made calls to see what parts were available (hood, etc etc.) and she said she would call me when she gets the info so she can schedual me in. so i'm like .....:drop: ugh....but i told her that it was no sweat.

when i was there this morning the asist manager told me that the soonest i can get it in to work on it was around May 19th unless i get lucky. and they would have to keep the car for 2 weeks. they said they would use PDR to get the dents out and do everything they can to avoid repainting. and i told them that if there are a couple of dents u cant get out dont do any repainting and to call me 1st because i want to come over to look at the car and make the final decision on rather to just leave the dent or do body work and repainting or beat it out myself if i have to or whatever.

he says Ford may even get with my insurance and let them know if they overlooked anything and get readjusted... and even may total out my car if its bad enough.

as far as my windshield they will try to get me in sooner if they think they can squeeze me in.

oh well they'll call me back when they can come up for air. :worm::hysterical:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would also recommend you visit other area body shops as well. The goal here is to get a bunch of different estimates and proposals so you can deal with the insurance company from a position of knowledge. If all you have is the Ford dealer the insurance company will come back with something like "what do you expect from a dealer"? Get 3-4 good written estimates that suggest what you would like to have happen such as replace the hood etc.

Good luck!

For the benefit of future generations could you keep this topic to a single thread? It's very hard to follow the topic and understand the history when it's broken into multiple threads. If you could standardize on one going forward that would be great!

Thanks!

the insurance will replace the hood,all the stripes and the incredibly hail proof scoop. its in the adjustment. i might try to have them re-use the original scoop on the new hood. can the scoop be re-used? hmmm. nobody here has had this kinda scoop situation.

they have PDR guys. i know i dont want this car repainted at all costs. the car isnt as bad as some i've seen. i've seen some that look like someone took a mini gun to them.

i called other body shops and they are booked solid into june. i might just stick with ford because they have a really good body shop. and they already are on the case as far as checking availability of the parts for the car if i need more than just the hood replaced. she's already got the windshield on order. she called me few hours ago and asked me if there was any graphics on the windshield and i told her it had the running mustang just above the center rear view mirror. she knew right then what windshield to order then. i've already got the ball rolling on this one.

and yea i'll keep this on one thread from now on. maybe the hail damage threads could be put under the the Shelby GT Tech forum. might be easier for others to keep track of this.

Fatboy,

Are you going to keep your 'hail damage saga' going here in this thread - or - are you going to continue it in the original????

I've been following this as I am interested in the progress with your damage repairs and how things work out.

I work for the Nat'l Catastrophe Response Team for an Auto Insurance Company which currently has people deployed in that area working claims reported due to damages sustained from the recent storms you had there.

I look at this as a 'real world' example of the situation down there and what people are running into. Seems as though shops are booked out until late June into July (often later than that)...............

Thank you for posting this information here. You're experience is My experience is Everyone's experience. We're all in this together!

Trevor

Fatboy,

Are you going to keep your 'hail damage saga' going here in this thread - or - are you going to continue it in the original????

I've been following this as I am interested in the progress with your damage repairs and how things work out.

I work for the Nat'l Catastrophe Response Team for an Auto Insurance Company which currently has people deployed in that area working claims reported due to damages sustained from the recent storms you had there.

I look at this as a 'real world' example of the situation down there and what people are running into. Seems as though shops are booked out until late June into July (often later than that)...............

Thank you for posting this information here. You're experience is My experience is Everyone's experience. We're all in this together!

Trevor

There is a Moderator function to combine threads...jsut can't get it to work here. I will see if I can get some help and put them all into a single thread! Wish me luck!

well i got my windshield replaced today.

they scheduled to start doin hail damage repairs on July 21st

oh guess what? there is another storm right now. i moved my motorcycles in a little and am able to get half my car inside. lol maybe i can save the new windshield :hysterical:

oh guess what? there is another storm right now. i moved my motorcycles in a little and am able to get half my car inside. lol maybe i can save the new windshield :hysterical:

Get the cardboard out!

You REALLY need to buy one of those hail covers. Seriously, you're going to have this happen again. Seasons tend to do that!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

well today is the day. i removed some items that i'll need from inside the car. should i leave the Ford and Shelby owner and service manuals and other papers in the glove box or get them out of the car? who knows what the car will be goin through for the next few weeks.

when i get there i'm goin to stress that i want to avoid any bondo or repainting and remove whatever dents possible with PDR. i just hate to see it get bondo'd and repainted. i know some areas will be impossible like around edges like near the top of the door windows. they may just have to sand and fill those spots. :unsure: unless i tell them to leave them and live with it.

i'll just talk to them and show the dents and see what they say about the tuff spots and how i'll feel about it.

wish me luck :)

This has been a long time coming for you, fatboy. Here's hoping you get everything fixed good as new.

Here's to hoping you bought a REALLY good hail resistant car cover!

Hate to see this happen again and you are in a prime hail location it seems!

I hope it comes out looking as good as new!

Archived