TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 & 08 SGT Production numbers

StrayShadow

How many 07 SGT's were made total? How many black ones and how many whites ones? Each time I hear a production number it is always a different figure. Ive heard 6000 to 10000. 3000 to 5000 black/white.

Anyone know the exact figure? Same question for the 08 SGT's also. Sorry if discussed before.

Kevin

07SGT2591

He is the info I Received from SAI

"We have built 5,632 units for the 07 cars. 999 were automatics, the rest manuals transmissions.

2,259 were white the rest (3,373) were black. 2,865 of the black ones were manual. "

also

Why is their some CSM #'s Higher than the 5,632 production Number....

"SAI - We had lapses in the numbers, that's why there are higher numbers out there. Some of the initial numbers were also reserved by Shelby and never used. We finished the 07s in August and then we started the 08s, hope this helps"

He is the info I Received from SAI

"We have built 5,632 units for the 07 cars. 999 were automatics, the rest manuals transmissions.

2,259 were white the rest (3,373) were black. 2,865 of the black ones were manual. "

also

Why is their some CSM #'s Higher than the 5,632 production Number....

"SAI - We had lapses in the numbers, that's why there are higher numbers out there. Some of the initial numbers were also reserved by Shelby and never used. We finished the 07s in August and then we started the 08s, hope this helps"

Which means:

Total cars: 5,632

White Auto: 491

White Man: 1,768

Total White: 2,259

Black Auto: 508

Black Man: 2,865

Total Black: 3,373

All the 06 GT-H's were autos and the same color, so there is no breakdown.

Unofficially....there were 4 or 5 stick 06 GT-H's made for Hertz Execs, but all the ones that were rentals and eventually sold off were autos.

Same with the 07's.

I have not yet seen 08 SGT breakdowns........

I assume that they haven't finished 08 production yet. Maybe in a few months the final numbers will be available. But we all know what happens when you assume!

Kevin

07SGT2591

As far as I know the 08 production is done with the exception of those cars awaiting a Super Charger in the mod shop.

2,865 of the black ones were manual

I like the sound of that.......

I have 1 of only 2,865. :happy feet:

i have 1 of only 1,768 white manuals :headspin:

hmm i wonder how may with all charcoal and no aluminum dash or steering spokes and no IUP

and no..... :club:

-Also, there are about 100 2008 Barrett-Jackson editions (Black with Red stripes). I will check on the breakdown next time I go back to Vegas.

-About 500 2007 Convertible S-GTH's

-About 300 California editions (Grabber Orange)

- A couple of hundred guage-pack editions.

Next time I am there I will get as much info as I can for you guys. These are all pretty rare, and awesome drivers to boot!!! :happy feet: Hope this helps!

Chris

Now it would be nice to know the types and numbers of Factory options in each group.(IUP, radio, etc.) Finally if SAI could summarize the numbers of mods (Superchargers, CS6 hoods, none, etc.) by group then we could create a Marti Report type summary for each car.

Don't know if we will ever see this level of detail but it would show how truly unique our cars are.

• 2 weeks later...

I too was curious about the production numbers. Now I know. Thanks

I had no choice when I bought black 07SGT2940 (automatic) from my dealer. He had one Shelby in stock and it was a black automatic. Like it really mattered; it is still a Shelby GT. I've owned it since mid December '07 and still can't wipe that grin off of my face. Especially now that our long Rocky Mtn. winter might finally be over. I think you other owners know what I'm talking about. I doubt it will never go away!

Being new to the Team, I don't know if this has been addressed before or not. I have the original window sticker showing my car being built in Flint, sold to my dealer and delivered to SAI in Las Vegas from Flint. Like any proud papa, I would like to know my car's "birthday", the actual day it changed from a Mustang to a Shelby. Is there anyplace I can find this info?

Erik

Welcome. Congrats on the SGT.

There is someone at Ford I emailed my vin number to, he responded with every date associated with the ordering, build, shipping of my car. Maybe someone here has the site for this?

As far as dates from Vegas on when and exactly who transformed your car intp a SGT, the Oasis system there has all that info. Last time I read about it, SAI was saying the system is not totally online yet.

Being new to the Team, I don't know if this has been addressed before or not. I have the original window sticker showing my car being built in Flint, sold to my dealer and delivered to SAI in Las Vegas from Flint. Like any proud papa, I would like to know my car's "birthday", the actual day it changed from a Mustang to a Shelby. Is there anyplace I can find this info?

PM me...

Archived