TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally Got It (Drove 600 miles home)

Fastbackman

I absolutely love this car! Everywhere we stopped for gas people were taking pics with their phones and coming over asking questions. I drove it home to Oklahoma from Robinson Brothers Ford in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I checked the mileage and I got 21.4 mpg. This was a lot of highway driving but some pretty hard running at times as well. I could not believe how good the mileage was. Anyway, the performance is unlike anything I've ever driven, the ride was better than expected, and I am just thrilled to have it. By the way, I paid sticker price of $43,765. + $97.00 worth of fees for a total of $43,862!

post-149-1156132991_thumb.jpg

post-149-1156133191_thumb.jpg

post-149-1156133331_thumb.jpg

post-149-1156133408_thumb.jpg

post-149-1156132991_thumb.jpg

post-149-1156133191_thumb.jpg

post-149-1156133331_thumb.jpg

post-149-1156133408_thumb.jpg

I absolutely love this car! Everywhere we stopped for gas people were taking pics with their phones and coming over asking questions. I drove it home to Oklahoma from Robinson Brothers Ford in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I checked the mileage and I got 21.4 mpg. This was a lot of highway driving but some pretty hard running at times as well. I could not believe how good the mileage was. Anyway, the performance is unlike anything I've ever driven, the ride was better than expected, and I am just thrilled to have it. By the way, I paid sticker price of $43,765. + $97.00 worth of fees for a total of $43,862!

Congratulations! Beautiful Car..

I know how you feel. Mine now has just over 200 miles on it. Be sure the J10 reset of the PCM has been done. It makes a difference.... Glad you got it. I will let you know when I am in the area. See you next year for sure at the Meeting!

Yes, it has been a rollercoaster and the kids did have a blast. I didn't even post the pics where they were really showing off. As far as mileage goes, I didn't check the tank before with the calculator, but according to the information center it may have been even better. Info center showed over 22 on that tank, but I didn't do the math. Evilchris, I was surprised to beat EPA estimates too. My mom and dad have a new V6 Mustang and I'm getting better mileage than theirs. For some reason they only seem to get 16-18. They haven't had it on the highway a lot, but it doesn't seem to do too good even when they do.

`Fastbackman`

Congrat`s ,Congrat`s, Congrat`s - I know you have gone thorough alot in tracking your car & trying to find things out about it s shipment. Great to hear about the mileage . Good Luck & keep us posted .

`Fastbackman`

Congrat`s ,Congrat`s, Congrat`s - I know you have gone thorough alot in tracking your car & trying to find things out about it s shipment. Great to hear about the mileage . Good Luck & keep us posted .

Thanks! Everything worked out in the end. They didn't put any stickers on it, roped it off, had it detailed, and already put a full tank of gas in for me! :shift: :happy feet: :bandance: :shift:

Thanks! Everything worked out in the end. They didn't put any stickers on it, roped it off, had it detailed, and already put a full tank of gas in for me! :shift: :happy feet: :bandance: :shift:

GREAT- NOW go & enjoy it & don`t forget to take the family, your boy looked as excited as you.

Yes, it has been a rollercoaster and the kids did have a blast. I didn't even post the pics where they were really showing off. As far as mileage goes, I didn't check the tank before with the calculator, but according to the information center it may have been even better. Info center showed over 22 on that tank, but I didn't do the math. Evilchris, I was surprised to beat EPA estimates too. My mom and dad have a new V6 Mustang and I'm getting better mileage than theirs. For some reason they only seem to get 16-18. They haven't had it on the highway a lot, but it doesn't seem to do too good even when they do.

They may want to have that looked into? I have an O5 V6 vert that i drove to MI and back and was at 22.4 (approx) in mid 80's temps.

Congratulations to you Fastbackman, and to all of you who have taken delivery and, "taken her home." I envy all of you, for mine may not be here until next year..... but in the mean time, keep the input and pics coming. Please! And ENJOY your new rides!!!

Linson

With the driving I've been doing, it's definitely getting broken in. 700 + miles since saturday! :shift::shift::shift:

Hey,

I got calls in memphis from friends saying they saw someone in my car when they took yours for gas. Called my dealer and he laughed and said mine had just arrived and was coming off the truck as we spoke.

Congrats by the way. Wish I hadn't been out of town would have been nice to meet you and get pics of the two cars together.

Congrats! Great pics. Sounds like a great trip home. My vista blue blue coupe is due to arrive any day. I will be driving about 130 miles to pick her up. The anticipation is killing me.

Have fun man! I'll post my pics asap.

Forgive me for maybe asking a stupid question but what is the J10 reset of the PCM? Is this something I should make sure the dealer does for me?

Congratulations! Beautiful Car..

I know how you feel. Mine now has just over 200 miles on it. Be sure the J10 reset of the PCM has been done. It makes a difference.... Glad you got it. I will let you know when I am in the area. See you next year for sure at the Meeting!

Hey,

I got calls in memphis from friends saying they saw someone in my car when they took yours for gas. Called my dealer and he laughed and said mine had just arrived and was coming off the truck as we spoke.

Congrats by the way. Wish I hadn't been out of town would have been nice to meet you and get pics of the two cars together.

That is too bad. It would have been awesome to get pics together!

Congrats brother!! Awesome color combo!! I bet you son can't wait until he can drive it now?! :shift:

Both of my kids love it. My boy is only 4, but I'm pretty sure he's convinced he could drive it now. If I gave him the keys, he'd probably try. :hysterical:

To answer your question gt50035, the j10 reset is performed by simply disconnecting the negative battery cable for 10 seconds. After you have hooked the battery back up, turn the key on and off without starting the car. This disables the valet tune Ford sent these cars with so they couldn't be driven too hard at the rail yards, etc. It may already be done, but you may want to do it just too see if it makes a difference.

Both of my kids love it. My boy is only 4, but I'm pretty sure he's convinced he could drive it now. If I gave him the keys, he'd probably try. :hysterical:

To answer your question gt50035, the j10 reset is performed by simply disconnecting the negative battery cable for 10 seconds. After you have hooked the battery back up, turn the key on and off without starting the car. This disables the valet tune Ford sent these cars with so they couldn't be driven too hard at the rail yards, etc. It may already be done, but you may want to do it just too see if it makes a difference.

Thanks FBM. Appreciate it. I will do it. My projected delivery date is Monday morning, Aug 28. Can't sleep!

Archived