TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 Shelby GT 500 Wheels

MustangMissy

Anybody else out there hate the wheels? I don't care how long I spend cleaning them, they look like I have not cleaned them in months first time out. I want to replace the wheels, just don't know which ones yet. So many choices. I never really liked the look of them either.

Any suggestions?

Anybody else out there hate the wheels? I don't care how long I spend cleaning them, they look like I have not cleaned them in months first time out. I want to replace the wheels, just don't know which ones yet. So many choices. I never really liked the look of them either.

Any suggestions?

I agree with you on the looks. The Alcoa wheels ( http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27182 ) look great although a little pricey. When you decide, remember we want to see pic's.

Jim

Guess I am the odd opinion then. I LIKE the GT500 wheel and after seeing the real KR wheel in 18", cant stand it. Would not have it on my car.

I do think the stock GT500 wheel needs a little bling on some of the darker colors......like mine so....

Wow! Talk about changing the personality of the wheel. Very nice and it allows you to stay with 18" wheels. I am still not sure what I want in the long run but I did buy a set of stock wheels and tires from a GT500 owner to put on my SGT so I can fit big brakes. Do you have any photos of the wheels on your car? If so, and when you have time, could you e-mail me at clark17357@aol.com? Thanks. Jim

• 3 weeks later...

jc, i am of the same opinion. man that looks good on the stock wheel. i am thinking of doing the same thing. would love to see them on your car. can you post a pic?

Guess I am the odd opinion then. I LIKE the GT500 wheel and after seeing the real KR wheel in 18", cant stand it. Would not have it on my car.

I do think the stock GT500 wheel needs a little bling on some of the darker colors......like mine so....

P2152355.jpg

Any suggestions?

I'm not sure if you are speaking of the wheel design or that they frequently look dirty or perhaps both. If you are concerned about the dirty look, it is the brake pad compound and we all have it. You can purchase replacement pads that drastically reduce the amount of brake dust.

Archived