TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clinks 65 Chevy II

clink

A fo door sleeper, looking good. I have had more Chevy muscle cars and hot rods thru the years than Fords. Have to say i have always been partial to a built small block Chevy, their hard to beat. Since i have got old i have lost my desire to do ground up projects anymore. Last Chevy i did was a 72 Monte Carlo with a built 350 about 15 years ago. Whats the scoop on the engine and driveline?

I am liking that Chevrolet!Yes I like them all for the most part!(No ricers).I built a 79 Malibu 4 door once,It was granny brown hub caps,Nice sleeper.Lightly built 355,LT1 domes,Aluminum heads,Comp solid,3500 stall and NITROUS.Surprised more than one smart azz at the track,7.70's at 90 mph,Never tried the nitrous at the track because the front of the car would lift taking all of the suspension travel out and it would start to change lanes by itself on the street.My car never looked as sweet as your Nova though!Glad to see some one can have fun with a 4 door other than me!

A fo door sleeper, looking good. I have had more Chevy muscle cars and hot rods thru the years than Fords. Have to say i have always been partial to a built small block Chevy, their hard to beat. Since i have got old i have lost my desire to do ground up projects anymore. Last Chevy i did was a 72 Monte Carlo with a built 350 about 15 years ago. Whats the scoop on the engine and driveline?

383 Stroker 600 HP, 700 R-4 Auto Trans, " Ford rear end Moser axles and Strange 410's oops", Did I say Ford? Yes I did, Can't beat em! (Right Bud?)

Clink

Dave............looking good! That's why you've been so quiet! :)

Hi Roger,

I have been so busy,

Last Friday I made 4 runs at Barona 1/8 MI in the Shelby and the next day I was at the SNAXC /SCCA Autocross at Qualcom Stadium in the Shelby. My times at the Auto x started at 76 sec. for my first run, then believe it or not I gained after every run My last run was 66 sec. I got 12 runs in for the day. Everyone was amazed I could end up with a 66 sec with the stock Nitto radials I am runnung.

Hope all is well with you and yours,

Clink

post-8210-1208142656_thumb.jpg

post-8210-1208142656_thumb.jpg

Hi David,

Good to see you are alive. I PM'd you a couple of weeks ago about what size wheels (width - I know they are 20's) you are running in the front and in the rear, as well as what size tires you have on the car. Do I need to come by the house and sit on your porch until I get an answer? :hysterical: Jim

Hi David,

Good to see you are alive. I PM'd you a couple of weeks ago about what size wheels (width - I know they are 20's) you are running in the front and in the rear, as well as what size tires you have on the car. Do I need to come by the house and sit on your porch until I get an answer? :hysterical: Jim

Hi Jim,

I think about you when I drive down Columbia St.

Rims and Tire Size? I looked back at my Shelby invoice and it shows 9"x20" all around and Nitto 555 255/35ZR-20 front. Nitto 555 275/35ZR-20 on the rear

If I had to do it over I would put a tire on that heats up and gets tacky. These nitto's want to come out from under me when I auto x and Drag racing. You should do some research first before settling with the tires Shelby recommends or purchase an xtra set of wheels and tires, maybe 19". When I was at JBA they found a set of 19" rims that would fit over the big brakes however, I don't remember right now who makes them. There is a number on the tire that shows you how hard the tires are.

Take care Jim.

Clink

Archived