TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First 07 Shelby to Hit 11.81 with Stock Pulley!!!!!!!

Sssss

Guest evilchris

My Z06 would eat the paint off the shelby drag or 200mph top end,you ford guys are dreaming!!!!

A GT500 can be made to tear up a Z06 at the drags easily, but of course in doing so the other ares of performance ( handling ) will be destroyed.

GT500 is a 1/4miler car dude, no one thinks ( I hope ) it is setup for top speed runs like that.

Guest evilchris

Are we comparing a $85000 car to a $45000 car again? If you put that other $40000 into the GT500 I bet it would smoke it anyday. :hysterical:

Yeah it's pretty dumb. But you can put money into anything to smoke anything. I can make a Geo Storm smoke a GT500, but why.

Are we comparing a $85000 car to a $45000 car again? If you put that other $40000 into the GT500 I bet it would smoke it anyday. :hysterical:

Let's not do the money thing, it makes for bad comparisons. That logic can be reversed on you. I can, for example, say lets use a $30,000 04 Cobra with $15,000 in mods against a GT500.

Guest evilchris

Another jealous hater that paid WAYYYYYYYYYYYY TO MUUUUUUUUUUCH!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!! :hysterical2:

I don't think he's jealous, maybe a hater. I think the Z06 has the best bang for the buck ever ( for a factory stock car ). It competes on all grounds: handling, braking, acceleration, top speed...... with cars costing 2x as much. It takes Ford's $150,000 GT to compare to one.

Guest evilchris

:roses: Amen brother! Just a hater that paid WAY too much,and soon he will lose the 1/4 to a car almost 30k less!!! TOO FUNNY!!!!!! :hysterical2:

Arg!!! Don't bring the price into the argument!!! My 1992 Mustang LX 5.0 ( 331 blown stroker now ) will own both the MODIFIED GT500 and the Z06!! But who cares! Anything can be made fast. It doesn't take $43k ( GT500 MSRP ) to do 11's. The price argument can be used against you! In the early 90's when I had around 300RWHP ( Paxton @ 8PSI on stock motor 5.0 ) I got my ass handed me to me by a VW bug with $7k into his engine!

But I didn't want a bug regardless!

Arg!!! Don't bring the price into the argument!!! My 1992 Mustang LX 5.0 ( 331 blown stroker now ) will own both the MODIFIED GT500 and the Z06!! But who cares! Anything can be made fast. It doesn't take $43k ( GT500 MSRP ) to do 11's. The price argument can be used against you! In the early 90's when I had around 300RWHP ( Paxton @ 8PSI on stock motor 5.0 ) I got my ass handed me to me by a VW bug with $7k into his engine!

But I didn't want a bug regardless!

GOOD LOOKING NEW CARS ONLY!!!! :hysterical2:

Shhh....be vewy, vewy quiet...we're hunting Chevys. :hysterical:

Those chevy's are soo touchie!! lol! :hysterical:

Did y'all see the pics at Evo Performance?

That car was trailered to the track in full dragster regalia. Real streetable.....

I'm sure they'll get it into the 10's because they're a good shop.

That car was trailered to the track in full dragster regalia. Real streetable.....

From what I understand that car has been lightened, also.

Guest evilchris

From what I understand that car has been lightened, also.

Yeah it has skinnies and drag dampers. Not streetable at all. They're going for maximum 1/4 performance which kills streetability.

Archived