TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT500KR Build Sheet: Sample.

I wanted to share two documents from the Flat Rock AAI plant. These are used during the engine installation process. VINs and other info. have been erased. Note: We cannot obtain these for anyone - these are just for your F.Y.I. only!

The top one is for the 2008 Shelby GT500KR and is noted as "J2 KR."

The lower one is for the GT500s and is noted as "J2SHELB."

The GT500 and GT500KR are being built and documented as separate models.

kr_enginebuild.gif

I wanted to share two documents from the Flat Rock AAI plant. These are used during the engine installation process. VINs and other info. have been erased. Note: We cannot obtain these for anyone - these are just for your F.Y.I. only!

kr_enginebuild.gif

Thanks for teasing us with these

kr_enginebuild.gif

Robert, Will these be attached to the car anywhere or are they kept at the plant? Sure would be a good piece of documentation for the scrap book!

• 3 months later...
I think they are attached to the engine cradle, but I can't be 100% certain. When the vehicle meets the engine during the installation process, the sheets are scrapped.

Found this thread while looking for something else.

There was an article, can't remember where now, about the building of a GT500 and in the photo of the line it showed these hanging taped to the front/top of the open hood when it was going down the line. Where it goes after the hood is closed I don't know.

Found this thread while looking for something else.

There was an article, can't remember where now, about the building of a GT500 and in the photo of the line it showed these hanging taped to the front/top of the open hood when it was going down the line. Where it goes after the hood is closed I don't know.

They go right into a rubber maid trash barrel. :cry:

I just don't understand why they have to throw them away.

Not cool at all. :finger:

Here's the build sheet that was tucked in the front bumper of my 1996 GT that I just bought.

th_MustangGTarrival7-14-08047.jpg

Why can't they just fold them up and stick them in the front bumper like the good old days ??? :banghead:

If I worked on the assembly line I would fold them up and put them in my lunch box and take them home. Then I would find out who owns the car that I have the build sheet for and sell it to them for $1.00 plus ADM :hysterical:

I just don't understand why they have to throw them away.

Not cool at all. :finger:

Here's the build sheet that was tucked in the front bumper of my 1996 GT that I just bought.

th_MustangGTarrival7-14-08047.jpg

Why can't they just fold them up and stick them in the front bumper like the good old days ??? :banghead:

I believe that there are a few dozen "build sheets" for the 2005+ models. Maybe someone from AAI can supply the correct number?

Archived